[3.7] Deadeye Siege Ballista - Siege Ballista/Frenzy

"
raz789 wrote:
Okay looking at the new tree, the biggest change to this build will probably be that new Dexterity nodes in the bottom right of the tree. Utmost swiftness is the name of the node. It seems good.

I just played around in PoB setting up the build with perfect rolls everywhere and having the tree missing 3 points.

The issue in PoB is I had to convert the old 3.6 tree to the 3.7 version and King of the Hill moved, needing 2 more nodes to get there. So what I did is removing 1 life node + Constitution from the life wheel next to Totemic Zeal, so I could get the 3 pts needed to eventually get Utmost Swiftness. Then I tried this :

118/121 pts I get : 162679.4 DPS - 1028 Dex - 5055 Life

Now I get to choose either the 3 last points getting Utmost Swiftness or just grab 3 more nodes in the life wheel next to Totemic Zeal :

121 pts w/ 2 more life nodes and Constitution : Life goes from 5055 to 5623, so an increase of 568 HP, or about 11,2% more life

121 pts w/ Utmost Swiftness : DPS gets +9,422.3 to 172101.7 (+5.8%), Dex goes from 1028 to 1188 (+15.5% but no 7th Ballista, me sad).

Remember those are numbers with perfect max rolls, so my take on it would be to always go for more Life, even with 568 doesn't look like much.
UNLESS taking Utmost Swiftness would unlock 1000 Dex and 6th turret
Last edited by ZackDenTV on Jun 6, 2019, 1:27:18 PM
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
"
raz789 wrote:
Okay looking at the new tree, the biggest change to this build will probably be that new Dexterity nodes in the bottom right of the tree. Utmost swiftness is the name of the node. It seems good.

I just played around in PoB setting up the build with perfect rolls everywhere and having the tree missing 3 points.

The issue in PoB is I had to convert the old 3.6 tree to the 3.7 version and King of the Hill moved, needing 2 more nodes to get there. So what I did is removing 1 life node + Constitution from the life wheel next to Totemic Zeal, so I could get the 3 pts needed to eventually get Utmost Swiftness. Then I tried this :

118/121 pts I get : 162679.4 DPS - 1028 Dex - 5055 Life

Now I get to choose either the 3 last points getting Utmost Swiftness or just grab 3 more nodes in the life wheel next to Totemic Zeal :

121 pts w/ 2 more life nodes and Constitution : Life goes from 5055 to 5623, so an increase of 568 HP, or about 11,2% more life

121 pts w/ Utmost Swiftness : DPS gets +9,422.3 to 172101.7 (+5.8%), Dex goes from 1028 to 1188 (+15.5% but no 7th Ballista, me sad).

Remember those are numbers with perfect max rolls, so my take on it would be to always go for more Life, even with 568 doesn't look like much.
UNLESS taking Utmost Swiftness would unlock 1000 Dex and 6th turret

With importing my 3.6 character with 103/121 points I have 172k damage with 4.7k life.

A quick look I'm wondering if the shadow tree is even worth going into anymore in favor of the duelist. You're going to lose some damage but game some resists.

Big thing to note, don't think it's reflected in the build in the first post but change Increased Crit Damage to Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support. You lose damage but your totems are so much tankier. This was a huge issue for Uber Elder/Shaper. Often your totems would die before even getting a shot off. This will reduce the damage a bit to 161k.

Also you really should still take King of the Hill. It's two more nodes to invest but it's one of the better damage per node investments there. And the knockback is really nice.
This raises the damage to 201k for me. Which with 6 totems down this is a ~240k damage increase. After this I think we have enough damage. The original goal of this build was to hit 1mil shaper dps. So we're more than exceeded that.

Finally the last 13 points, I'm unsure of. The duelist tree has been moved around a bit. And the assassin tree is really awkward now. On top of this due to switching to minion and totem resistance we need to change jewels a bit. And because of this they'll be much more expensive! Also tempted to remove Force of Nature and the Jewel Socket. These are a lot of investment for very little return!

P.S. good to have someone brainstorming this with me

EDIT: Here's my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/jf0kXRAJ
Obviously none of the new gems are in. I'm probably gonna use precision as my aura instead! Also we can probably get a 7th totem if we replace the totem elemental resist on our jewels with dexterity.
Last edited by raz789 on Jun 6, 2019, 5:41:21 PM
King of the Hill is a no brainer for sure, but what I'd question is Point Blank though.

I mean KotH knockbacking mobs and Point blank losing DPS the higher the range seem counter-productive.
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
King of the Hill is a no brainer for sure, but what I'd question is Point Blank though.

I mean KotH knockbacking mobs and Point blank losing DPS the higher the range seem counter-productive.

Point blank effective range isn't that short so the knockback isn't an issue. You can check the range in PoB by setting the min distance. Also I would try to get point blank as a corruption.

So I've been trying to get 7 totems and I'm think it's not worth it. You're losing like 30-45k damage per totem which essentially makes up for the new totem. Unless of course you get a god tier amulet.

I did do this though: 272k damage per totem, 5.1k life and 1145 dex.
https://pastebin.com/SErRYkfK
Last edited by raz789 on Jun 6, 2019, 7:08:52 PM
"
raz789 wrote:
"
ZackDenTV wrote:

Point blank effective range isn't that short so the knockback isn't an issue. You can check the range in PoB by setting the min distance. Also I would try to get point blank as a corruption.

So I've been trying to get 7 totems and I'm think it's not worth it. You're losing like 30-45k damage per totem which essentially makes up for the new totem. Unless of course you get a god tier amulet.

Your last link shows 114/121 pts so I guess 1200 Dex is easy ? Or more life if need be
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
"
raz789 wrote:
"
ZackDenTV wrote:

Your last link shows 114/121 pts so I guess 1200 Dex is easy ? Or more life if need be

Yeah you definitely can. I'm not entirely sure if you should though. We have so much defensive walls with evade, totems, and dodge chance. Is there anything that just one shots in the game is the question.

From fighting Uber Elder/Atziri there are one shots but they're hugely telegraphed. You can stand in Shaper beam for a single tick. And the Shaper balls do no one shot.

Once I figure out which new jewels to use. I think 1200 dex will be attainable with around 300k per totem.

https://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Fractal_Thoughts

This item might be good.
Not ure we actually need another offensve gear piece. Damage looks decent already.

I looked at the amulet though and I thought about the Astramentis. Attributes gain might be lower but the amulet itself may be easier to find, at least early league ?
Have you tried multiple totems support? if so is it worth it?
Not sure multiple totems support would do anything more tbh.

@raz789 : How do u use Vaal auras ? I just use Haste and Herald and i don't even use Clarity, i just pop the Vaal version once in a while but that's it.

Also, why the 2nd Fluid Motion on the right side of the Scion start ? There's hardly any Str node to convert ?

I just got to 62 and so far i've got bow, upgraded quiver, boots, Heup of All and Helmet, along with 3rd totem recently. So far so good, even though the start was slow AF, I can definitely feel the increase in power, and clearing through the acts gets easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info