[3.7] Deadeye Siege Ballista - Siege Ballista/Frenzy

I'm currently running a similar build, but as a trickster. Damage is good and build is very tanky: I have 1.8k ES on top of the 5k health and ES resplenish when I take a hit and loose a charge. And my gear is not maxed.

I'm still wondering if I should use elemental focus or keep hypothermia with these 10% chance to shock, ignite and freeze
"
Tartos wrote:
I'm currently running a similar build, but as a trickster. Damage is good and build is very tanky: I have 1.8k ES on top of the 5k health and ES resplenish when I take a hit and loose a charge. And my gear is not maxed.

I'm still wondering if I should use elemental focus or keep hypothermia with these 10% chance to shock, ignite and freeze

So in reality applying anything other than freeze is gonna be hard on my build since we mostly do cold. I don't think it's possible to apply Shock to something like Shaper with this build. You quite simply don't do enough lightning damage. So I opted for elemental focus. You lose the freeze effect but this isn't too much of an issue I feel. Packs of monsters get one shot anyways and the most important bosses don't really care about freeze. Although correct me if I'm wrong here.

How tanky does your build feel? Do you have high evasion rating? And dexterity wise how high do you think you can get easily?

You're right, I hadn't figured it, but cold damage is 70% of my build and like 85% of elemental damages, i'll try to switch to elemental focus.

I'm currently at 822 dex (with astramentis), I think I can go up to 900 easily, but 1000 will be hard without tweaking the tree a little bit. I have a little more than 18k eva, 10% attack dodge and 30% spell dodge chances. The build feels very tanky, I haven't died since I got Hyrri's Ire and the trickster notable "Escape Artist", but I'm not yet in red maps :D

"
Tartos wrote:
You're right, I hadn't figured it, but cold damage is 70% of my build and like 85% of elemental damages, i'll try to switch to elemental focus.

I'm currently at 822 dex (with astramentis), I think I can go up to 900 easily, but 1000 will be hard without tweaking the tree a little bit. I have a little more than 18k eva, 10% attack dodge and 30% spell dodge chances. The build feels very tanky, I haven't died since I got Hyrri's Ire and the trickster notable "Escape Artist", but I'm not yet in red maps :D

You should try getting a decent 12-15% attribute amulet instead of astramentis. Although these can be pricey.

I'm guessing your build is tankier with some trade off in DPS. If you have a PoB link I'd love to take a look!
Last edited by raz789 on Apr 3, 2019, 1:48:19 AM
So is the taming just for fixing resistances or does it serve a purpose for damage stacking on the build?
"
nickbalboa wrote:
So is the taming just for fixing resistances or does it serve a purpose for damage stacking on the build?

Sorry dude for the late response. I haven't really played this league due to synthesis lacking the fun I'm looking for.

Yeah for the most part. You can most definitely roll better rares for rings. These are just easier to get IMO.

Also remember that balanced resists are nice for this build(for the flask). So something to keep in mind.
Last edited by raz789 on May 27, 2019, 5:58:43 AM
Do you think this build has its chances in Legion ?
Any changes you're planing regarding latest manifesto ? tomorrow's patch notes ?

I'm not a melee person so i'm likely not to jump on the melee bandwagon and I want something fun like this build, that doesn't really require a lot of skill to be played.

I did play a similar build a few leagues back and I really enjoyed it but not reached end game, i'd just like to give this another go.

Quick question : would throwing a Rain of Splinters in the jewels pool a good idea ? (Just for quality of life as faster pack killing)
Last edited by ZackDenTV on Jun 4, 2019, 2:05:07 PM
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
Do you think this build has its chances in Legion ?
Any changes you're planing regarding latest manifesto ? tomorrow's patch notes ?

I'm not a melee person so i'm likely not to jump on the melee bandwagon and I want something fun like this build, that doesn't really require a lot of skill to be played.

I did play a similar build a few leagues back and I really enjoyed it but not reached end game, i'd just like to give this another go.

Quick question : would throwing a Rain of Splinters in the jewels pool a good idea ? (Just for quality of life as faster pack killing)

I doubt the build will change much. It really only needs a buff. It's straight forward for the most part when mapping and similar content. Fighting Uber Elder/Atziri is a different story. You really gotta be on your game with dodging abilities.

Endgame for this build can be expensive. But I did manage to take down elder. I spent like 2-3 exalted on the build when I killed him.

Rain of Splinters is already used in this build. I believe I mentioned it in the post and it's in the PoB link.

I will be updating this build if I get into the game again this league.
Well 2-3ex I can live with.
I tried Trickster WOrb in Synthesis and the pricetag is a whole different story, easily over 20ex. And by the looks of it Legion is gonna make that pricetag even worse xD
Okay looking at the new tree, the biggest change to this build will probably be that new Dexterity nodes in the bottom right of the tree. Utmost swiftness is the name of the node. It seems good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info