[3.7] Deadeye Siege Ballista - Siege Ballista/Frenzy

Ah I see. I was going off of hideout dps, but when I set up PoB and include Point Blank I'm not as far off as I originally thought. And when I fill out the rest of the tree and simulate a 6-link it's pretty close.

Makes sense about Ice Bite too. I assumed you had already analyzed it, and I forgot about the ballistas not generating frenzy charges.

Thanks for the quick reply and look forward to bugging you with questions next league!

No direct Siege ballista buffs this patch. I thought they'd run through every skill. Guess not. I'll be taking a look when Path of Building is updated, if at all.
some update about this build?
I updated the build for 3.6. Only change needed was the last passive tree. It's mostly the same except it costs one more skill point.

I'll be making some changes to support gems for siege ballista when I test them. I'm thinking instead of crit damage I could run Minion and Totem Resistance Support, maxing out totem resists then getting better mods on jewels. This may solve their 'squishyness' for a minimal loss in DPS.

"
raz789 wrote:
I updated the build for 3.6. Only change needed was the last passive tree. It's mostly the same except it costs one more skill point.

I'll be making some changes to support gems for siege ballista when I test them. I'm thinking instead of crit damage I could run Minion and Totem Resistance Support, maxing out totem resists then getting better mods on jewels. This may solve their 'squishyness' for a minimal loss in DPS.

can we get a link to the forums for the skilltree, i dont know what to do with the pastebin link
Set sail for epic fail
"
Plaguetongue1 wrote:
"
raz789 wrote:

can we get a link to the forums for the skilltree, i dont know what to do with the pastebin link

Ah right apologies. The pastebin link is for Path of Building. If you want to check out the skill tree on the forum you can just check my profile with my characters. I recommend learning to use Path of Building though as it's a great asset.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/raz789/characters

EDIT: Nevermind looks like my character skill points were nuked when it moved to standard. I'll fix it asap.
Last edited by raz789 on Mar 14, 2019, 9:37:14 PM
"
raz789 wrote:
"
Plaguetongue1 wrote:
"
raz789 wrote:

Ah right apologies. The pastebin link is for Path of Building. If you want to check out the skill tree on the forum you can just check my profile with my characters. I recommend learning to use Path of Building though as it's a great asset.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/raz789/characters

EDIT: Nevermind looks like my character skill points were nuked when it moved to standard. I'll fix it asap.

yeah sorry idk what i was thinking, pasted it into pob, i have a question tho.

what gem setup should i use for clearing maps?

i figured depending on what damage/monster hp, i can swap in LMP/GMP instead of cold pen. also id like to run faster attacks instead of ele focus just for that reason, idk how good faster attacks is for single target tho.

must say i like the build tho, level 82 on hardcore atm :)
Set sail for epic fail
Last edited by Plaguetongue1 on Mar 19, 2019, 7:45:34 AM
"
Plaguetongue1 wrote:

yeah sorry idk what i was thinking, pasted it into pob, i have a question tho.

what gem setup should i use for clearing maps?

i figured depending on what damage/monster hp, i can swap in LMP/GMP instead of cold pen. also id like to run faster attacks instead of ele focus just for that reason, idk how good faster attacks is for single target tho.

must say i like the build tho, level 82 on hardcore atm :)

Holy crap! I didn't think the build was possible on HC. You're a goddamn trooper.

I think the gem setup I listed(using rain of splinters jewel) is the best for map clear. 4-6 totems kill everything.

So I think in this case you're probably the better tell of what is needed. So rain of splinters if better than LMP/GMP IMO. It's a free 7 link essentially. But if you need more projectiles then by all means. But obviously it comes with a damage loss. If I could weapon swap it easily I would for single target. But from what I've found at least from fighting Elder/Shaper it's better to just leave it on for the phases with mobs/portals.

Secondly, I think ele focus in just for crazy damage is all. You lose out on the freeze/shock/ignite effect but that's okay everything usually just dies at 5-6 totems anyways.

If you're looking to switch something out, Critical Strike Damage support for Minion and Totem Elemental resist is probably you're best bet. And get jewels without resists for totems. It's not that much of a damage loss and it'll mean you totems probably won't get one shot. You can probably make up the damage on jewels.
Last edited by raz789 on Mar 19, 2019, 5:13:33 PM
So far the build is awesome. I can kill anythig i want. the only downside is that after getting 6link its hard keeping up with mana, for now i cannot afford enlighten, any tips with that?
"
toxohut wrote:
So far the build is awesome. I can kill anythig i want. the only downside is that after getting 6link its hard keeping up with mana, for now i cannot afford enlighten, any tips with that?

Probably turn off haste(but keep vaal haste, can use the active whenever). I also have Vaal Clarity on my skill bar.

Mana flasks are gonna be your best bet. Preferably ones that regen over a long period of time. Sanctified Mana Flask is what you need.

Of course that is until you can put mana leech on your Frenzy.

Also another option is to grab one of the mana leech nodes in the bottom right of the skill tree. It's one point so it's not too bad.

EDIT: I looked at your character. Yeah I used a mana flask instead of the crit flask. Another option is to get rid of one of your life flasks. But that's up to you.
Last edited by raz789 on Mar 25, 2019, 4:57:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info