Looking for help with Marauder in Chaos

Before the .97 patch came out, I was doing ok with my marauder but realized I made some mistakes and that it wasn't going to be viable in Chaos. For example, I put points into specific weapon circles focusing on swords.

So I feel lucky that this new patch came out and we were given the opportunity to reset our points, as I was close to deleting him.

Can anyone help with a good build that would let me do Chaos runs? I'm not sure whether swords or axes are better, but I do know that I want to use a shield vs wielding a two-handed weapon.

Many thanks in advance.
I'm almost at chaos with my Templar and I wouldn't mind running some chaos with you bro.
Bump.
I have read several people say that Axes and Maces are better for the marauder. Most of the videos I have seen of people running chaos use 1H shield, but I personally like playing with 2H weapons better.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
Bump + 1

I am new to the beta and also very interested in the marauder class.

I saw (and read) the thread about the "Discharger Marauder".

Can somebody (vets ftw) please list a few chaos proof builds and provide a little bit information on the weapon specific passives?

I just want to get a "feel" for the passive tree. Thanks for any help in advance.
Here are my tips to surviving chaos with your marauder.

Make sure to get items with +life to boost your HP pool to raise your effective HP with your Damage Reduction % rating.

Find a flask that gives %armor during flask effect. use it frequently.

Add enduring cry to your skills and make sure to always have your base 3 endurance charges up.

Max out your resistances, or get them close.

Take +life% passives and +armor% passives in addition to your weapon skills

Get lots of armor and be sure to use 1H and shield. Type of 1H doesn't really matter- use whatever weapon type works for whatever offensive skill you enjoy using.

Good luck!
"
visibiliti wrote:
Here are my tips to surviving chaos with your marauder.

Make sure to get items with +life to boost your HP pool to raise your effective HP with your Damage Reduction % rating.

Find a flask that gives %armor during flask effect. use it frequently.

Add enduring cry to your skills and make sure to always have your base 3 endurance charges up.

Max out your resistances, or get them close.

Take +life% passives and +armor% passives in addition to your weapon skills

Get lots of armor and be sure to use 1H and shield. Type of 1H doesn't really matter- use whatever weapon type works for whatever offensive skill you enjoy using.

Good luck!

Many thanks visibiliti. Could you post what your skill tree looks like?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info