The Bomb- Blood Magic Discharge\Molten Shell\Tempest Shield

poke, poke, poke, BOOM!

That is pretty much a summary of how this build works. Discharge is one of my favorite skills in the game. I have not found anything that would be as fun as blowing up a whole screen worth of enemies in one giant explosion.

The pros:
- You get to use a fancy looking skill that most people will never use.
- Huge AoE and damage.
- Charges Provide good defense and offense before discharging.
- Dose not require a 5 or 6 link to deal high damage.( Although Life leech on discharge is lovely.)
- Get 80% resists from passives as long as you use a shield.

The cons:
- Pretty bad against single targets.
- Defenses lowered dramatically after every discharge.
- You NEED Voll's Protector.
- Elemental reflect sucks.
- Easy to get yourself killed if your not used to playing melee or builds that are generally quite close to death half the time.

I went straight for this build from the beginning. I took mostly life, resist and extra endurance charge nodes for the first 60 levels. The first time i actually used Discharge was act 2 Merciless at level 60, before that i was using what ever weapons i could find whit the melee skills that i could use whit said weapon. Most of my leveling was done using dual wield Cleave or Ground Slam and Molten Shell.

Now that i actually use Discharge i usually try to get at least 3 frenzy and 3-6 endurance charges before discharging. That usually kills most white enemies in act 2 merciless as long as they have elemental weakness (can occasionally kill magic monsters depending on the mods). Whit full charges currently my Discharge is around 4k dps while my Molten Shell is 4.3k (goes up to 5.3k whit power and frenzy charges). I use Tempest Shield for the extra block and power charges from the damage it deals on crits and because it makes my shield shiny and nice looking.
Thinking about using bear trap for single targets eventually.

Currently level 67 in Hardcore which means no map experience whit the build so far.

Current Passive Tree :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQQHBLMFLRQgFE0WQBkuGjIaOBpVHRQfAiSLJ-0pTy3SNsU26DpSOtg8BT0PRtdN2E99UEdQUFFgVElXDVhjXz9gS2EhZKNmnnTteu98u4BWgW-Cm4M4hO-FfYuMjHaMz49GkFWRzpeVnjyezZ_fogCnCKcwp4Splbndu-3E9sbY0iHUj9gk2WHfv-Fz51LsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI-tI=

Final Build( what i have planned for the moment, might change if i get some better ideas):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdxPYTW2TnVdY9DySLfLs62E3YjHaePIFvBLMCcRRNogDwH4M473w8BZ_fi4zhc-0gRtfsOClPgpuFfRZAZp6plVFgGjKAVk99GjinhJBVLdLZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMBQgUEf7qqC08wYB5zboOlLfv1ivcLv22mSjGlVhIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLfrSHRSPRtDQz2VVxhZv_c-nCNgkNsUfAn6vdhGcLYdlnqGvmwQHl5VSUz1fTLNQMNteNunjaiSqGYXa3X31TDUoxfO-cH0=

Armor:
Aside from Voll's Protector you just want items whit high life and enough resists to get them maxed. My armor is currently really low because i'm using low level items. Haven't had any luck whit drops in merciless so my gloves and boots are still level 30+ same whit the shield and rings/neck. I have 3107 life but since i use tempest shield 560 of it is reserved and im left whit 2547 life.
I decided to use a shield whit this build because i have never used a shield in any of my builds before.

Weapon:
Ideally you want a dagger for the higher critical chance to get more power charges thanks to Voll's but any weapon will work as long as it has high spell damage and decent enough physical or elemental damage so you can kill something whit frenzy if you really have to.

Bandit rewards:
Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Help Oak. Helped oak in merciless because endurance charges are the easiest to get, you don't even need to hit anything or get really close to get them.

Current Items:
Spoiler

Get most of my dex from gear at this point.

Spoiler
This build would be a lot more fun whit Diamond flasks.
Found this while digging through the forums for someone who was using a Discharge build, and I must say.....

I liked you less and less everytime I seen you use the word 'whit'.
13 times in his post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info