[3.5] 15 Zombie Mistress of Legion. 3Mill DPS, 8k Life

Build
Here is my take on the classic zombiemancer using the +3 to anything bows craftable in the new league

I currently use 15 zombies, 2 Spectres, Stone Golem, Animate Guardian & a Holy Relic

DPS is possibly overkill, working on moving some points into more defense, shaper and guardian farming were fine but I just tried uber elder and ended up with a few deaths before kiling him. Trouble is I don't want to drop a zombie. I call him Dave and I love him.

Defence
Player
- 6-8k Life
- 4% life regen per second
- Capped Leech from zombies
- 40% dodge chance (acro)
- 30% spell dodge chance (phase acro)
- 15% reduced physical damage taken (Flesh Binder)
- 15 Tanking Zombies getting in the way

Zombies
- 27k Life

This is enough for everything below uber elder, on him I needed to swap minion speed into minion life to get them up to 43k Life

Damage
My clearspeed setup using Minion Speed Support

- 207,295 Shaper DPS x 15 zombies = 3,109,425 total

Videos
Spoiler

Hydra
Boss Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTVj8PwdzUo

Minotaur
Clear with Minion Speed & Enhance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7_803yxYo

Chimera
Just Minion Speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4vrIxwpQ

Gear
Spoiler

Gear Breakdown

Weapon
The bow is the biggest part of what makes this build different. Crafting one is very deterministic, total cost is somewhere between 1.5-4 ex depending on a number of factors. Not that bad for endgame 6-link.

In depth guide to crafting your bow
Spoiler

- Buy non corrupted Ilevel 50+ 6-link short bow (15c)
- Alt until you get +1 to socketed gems (low cost)
- Regal it into a rare (1 regal)
If you just want the +3 bow then you can just stop here and buy the +2 to socketed support gems craft from another player. I used Sneakyshadow's service for 30c
- +2 to socketed support gems (1ex)
- Service fee (30c)
So total cost is 1ex 76c

If you want an extra 15% more damage and minion life from multimodding like mine that will cost another 2ex for multimod + the cost of orbs of annulemnt to get the bow down into a rare with only the +1 to socketed gems craft

If you hit a Suffix like resistance thats great and you can move on without needing to annul, Otherwise you'll need to Orb of annulment off the Bad Prefix
- Orb of annulment 22c each with 50% chance to fail and start the alt spamming process again
So on average getting a bow like mine will cost about
3ex 126c

Next you need to chrome it into better colours. The build functions perfectly good with 2R 2B 2G which only costs about 40chromes to hit and there is a ton of alternative setups which make colouring easier then it looks.

Betrayal league also has the option of putting Vorichi into research for easy white socketes to make this process even better

Helmet
The Baron gives +4 Zombies and a good amount of damage. This item is mostly needed to gain leech from the zombies

Chest
Loreweave is probably better in this slot as the build could use additional elemental reduction but I wanted the extra zombie so I shopped for Strength and Life with an open prefix

Gloves
Strength, Life, Aspect of the Spider. The Aspect can be on any gear slot or even skipped altogether to use a Purity aura which will make gearing much easier

Boots
Life, Strength, Resistance, Movement speed

Jewlery
You need some extra dex but mostly its just strength, life and resistances again.

You need 1000 Strength to get leech from the zombies, Its fine if you can't hit 1200 for the extra zombie.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Necromancer
I've wanted to try different ascendenies for zombies but Flesh binder is irreplaceable for slam cooldown & 100% increased AOE.

As my last choice I take Puppet Master over Mistress of Sacrifice as I prefer the movement speed over the offerings. I can never be bothered to maintain them anyway

Flasks
Spoiler

Instant life flask for panic

Quartz flask for extra dodge and phasing. Removes bleed is needed

3 speedy flasks for movement, can't shield charge with a bow

Jewels
Spoiler

Rare want life then there is many good stats. Minion Blind, Taunt, attack speed, leech, regen. All of these help in their own way

Passive Skill Tree/Path of Building
Spoiler

Phase Acro Tree

Current Version of the character with Phase Acro

www.poeurl.com/ceQL

https://pastebin.com/kNHLJSnT

Old Version focused on life/life regen

www.poeurl.com/ceFc

https://pastebin.com/1HqGc4gw

Gem Selection
Spoiler

Bow

These are the core jewels that Zombies need.

These are all good 5th and 6th links depending on what colours you roll. Blue and Red gems are all about the same. Withering touch is strictly worse then the rest but not by that much. Enhance gives 40% movement speed and 40% minion life. Its great quality of life and I wish my bow still had a green slot so I could still use it

Chest
or

Curse is good. You can either maim for extra damage or life gain on hit to have more control over keeping up your life. Just attacking in a direction does a good job of guiding your zombies. Also something active to do to avoid boredom

Helm

Spectre and Guardian in the helm for +2 to gems. They should never die in there unless your spectre was from a low level zone and needs an upgrade. Blood magic allows the Apes to spam their frenzy giving skill

Gloves

Our auras supported by genorosity

Boots

Movement Skill

Misc

Filler/Support gems that can go anywhere. Convocation is tempting to squeeze in but then you need to cut something. Flesh offering is a hassle to keep active

Animate Guardian/Spectres
Spoiler

Spectres
This build uses carnage Chieften Spectres that cast mass frenzy to supply our zombies with charges.

These spectres appear in act 2 the old fields. How it works is that you go to that zone and raise one. Then go to the highest level zone you can go to (highest being shapers realm) and desecrate up a bunch of corpses until you find 2 chieftens.

In order to get high level corpses you need a lvl 20 desecrate. A simplier cheaper way is to buy a level 15 one and put it into

High level spectres have a large HP pool and should never die so you won't need to go through this process again.

Animate Guardian

The pelt was not at all needed as he is pretty immortal without it. I just had one lying around. The aura items are useful to have

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Lunaris for movement speed, extra dodge and chain immunity

Soul of Garukhan for dodge and movement speed once upgraded

Leveling
Spoiler

Skill
Mule yourself a Smite gem and level with zombies and smite. Eventually your zombies start doing more then you do and its not worth smiting things

Holy Relic does a good job of keeping zombies alive after you get a bit of minion life and gem levels

Life gain on hit support with cyclone or rain of arrows helps keep your alive before you can get to 1000 strength and start getting leech from zombies

Gear

Strength uniques.

Queens Escape makes leveling fun. Zombies are slow and dumb until you jam them full of movement speed

Tree

Here is a leveling tree
www.poeurl.com/ce5c

You want a few extra zombies and to start using the threshold jewels early

Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 15, 2019, 10:47:56 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2019, 9:53:14 AM
Reserved
Thanks for the build!

Really fun, and starts to shine once
you get the levels and gear.
The 1k strength threshold makes a huge difference.

The bow cursing and holy relic buffing is very unique,
and works great with Dave and his bois! =)
Really enjoying this build a lot, still a ways to go with gear and such, but I manage to get over 1000str...If you don't get the 1000str, build wont work pretty much..it might but the 2% leech from helmet is clutch. I enjoy this build a lot...My question is do we need to use the Animate Guardian? Dude is a pain in the ass and the few times he died while doing t-15-16 shit...re-getting the gear and such is just sucks. So I put in skeletons and spectres in helmet along with blood magic and life on gain hit..I still use 2 raging chetains and the skeletons seems strong....I went Bone Sculptor. Flesh Binder and Puppet master. Using the skeletons allows for me to spawn them near enemies and helps pull zombies and in boss fights they seem to help out a lot....I went vaal skeelton so I have val rain of arrows and skeleton...Going to try Minotaur and Hydra later..Feel free for any input
"
Rodneyking wrote:
Really enjoying this build a lot, still a ways to go with gear and such, but I manage to get over 1000str...If you don't get the 1000str, build wont work pretty much..it might but the 2% leech from helmet is clutch. I enjoy this build a lot...My question is do we need to use the Animate Guardian? Dude is a pain in the ass and the few times he died while doing t-15-16 shit...re-getting the gear and such is just sucks. So I put in skeletons and spectres in helmet along with blood magic and life on gain hit..I still use 2 raging chetains and the skeletons seems strong....I went Bone Sculptor. Flesh Binder and Puppet master. Using the skeletons allows for me to spawn them near enemies and helps pull zombies and in boss fights they seem to help out a lot....I went vaal skeelton so I have val rain of arrows and skeleton...Going to try Minotaur and Hydra later..Feel free for any input

1000 Strength is pretty easy to hit with Uniques and then you gradually transition into rares. Until then you can use life gain on hit on rain of arrows. Keeps you alive just fine

I'm wondering how on earth your animate guardian is dying. Mine has 70k life and has survived tons of guardians, shapers and 2 uber elders without getting close to death

Your gear and tree do not match the ones written in the page so maybe its that
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 7, 2019, 8:31:32 PM
Hey, I was checking your PoB. Its missing an ascendancy point, although its obvious where it goes :P
~ Raz
"
Razero wrote:
Hey, I was checking your PoB. Its missing an ascendancy point, although its obvious where it goes :P

Oh yeah If you take that point then it assumes you have used a minion skill recently and gives you 5% more DPS.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn that off and this build won't have that active so I unallocate that node so it doesn't give DPS I don't have
Could u take a look at my build? Im missing alot of strengt and hp got like 3.8k hp and 600strengt im missing 1 jewel but need to level some more.

Hope u can help me out where i made a mistake.

And for the gaurdian spec u realy need the armor set+weapon swapped to raise em? Im new to summoning

Thanks for your help great build so far
Hey man, so I looked at your stuff and builds and you fell into the trap I did but finish your LABS! your ascendancy points ARE HUGEEEE...You have one trial done, but you need to work on getting at least two more HUGE increase man. You rings have no str on them nor do your boots have any str....Loreweave is great but get a nice 6link 20 chaos with str on it....Your playing build that relies around a helm essentially that requires 1000Str.

Look up the items The Magnate Studded Belt, Meginords Girl Heavy Belt, and meinglords gauntlets (not sure if right spelling ) these items are under a Chaos and give a lot of str....Switch the violent dead jewel to the right of the tree with the efficient jewel above....Everything isnt going to be perfect off the bat, your level 75 one trial done hehe things will fall into place.

animate guardian or raise specter you talking about?
Last edited by Rodneyking on Jan 11, 2019, 12:10:39 AM
Thanks for yuur reply ive figured out the animated gaurdian. Im going to do the labs and change the gear see where we get to.

Thanks for your help bro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info