[3.5] Scion Fire Elemental Hit, post Chin-Sol nerf (All Content, Deathless Uber Elder Video)

Introduction: Hey!, never posted a build myself, kinda wanted to share with u guys. When the build is so good, that u wanna post it on forum? hehe. My english is not that great so pls don't judge me :) Ngl build was inspired by dirtydan79, havent seen him post it

Update:
Added a new uber elder run in video section.

Pros And Cons:

Pros:
-High dps
-Resolute technique
-Very tanky
-Slayer leech
-Great endgame character
and etc

Cons:
-Not found myself, levelling is might be annoying as a scion, but it always has been for me

Videos (Uberelder,Mino run):

Tree:

About the tree: start with the life nodes till resolute technique, take the damage and jewel nodes last. NOTE - I didnt level with the Ele Hit myself, was playing with Lightning arrow, but if u wanna level with ele hit from the start, you should take 2 jewel nodes and 2 combat focus.

Gear:
My current gear
Spoiler

GEAR EXPLANATION:

It's a weapon swap build, but u can play it with only 1 bow in theory (that requires some gem swap action)

Bow and Quiver:
Spoiler
Clearing
Spoiler

Rare bow with +1 gems > +2 bow gems > AS, and then u have a lot of options - chance to double damage would be nice, attack damage, attack speed if u killed recently. Rare quiver with Life > AS > EDwAS > Res if u need it.

Spoiler
Single Target
Spoiler

Rare bow with +1 gems > +2 bow gems > AS > 20% more attack damage > chance to double damage > EDwAS. Inc AS when is rare and unique is nearby is very good, try to get it.
Note!: I have been playing with Chin-Sol most of the time until few days ago, when i changed it to a rare bow with damage mods, my dmg increased from 0.9 to 1.5mil uelder dps (RIP Chin-Sol). Quiver: Corrupted Drillneck with Point blank implicit (saves you 1 node from the tree and ur clear speed is still great cause PB on the swapping quiver)

Body:
Spoiler
Spoiler

No comments, BiS

Gloves:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Tombfist BiS. Note!: Double jewels is not important, and having an extra gem slot would be nice (If u are a rich, try to get corrupted implicit like AS, Max charges and Curse on hit)

Boots:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Kaoms roots for uber elder and maybe other endgame bosses (Ele Pen is the best enchant, AS if u killed recently second)

And mapping boots u can choose urself, Bubonic's , Death's Door, Or a rare One with life and Movement speed.

Belt:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Stygian vise belt with Res > Life > Reduced flask charged Used > EDwAS > Fire Damage > Ele damage.

Amulet:
Spoiler
Spoiler

BiS.

Rings:
Spoiler

Pyre BiS, damage boost and clear speed. Second ring is a rare one with life/res/damage

Helm:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Rare helm with Res > Life> -fire res nearby. Enchant is Blood Rage Inc AS or Elemental hit Inc AS.

Flasks:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Life flask with anti bleed, Wise Oak (Try to get triple balance), Adrenaline Quicksilver flask with reduced Charges < Those are mandatory flasks, u cannot change them. Other 2 flasks u can pick yourself (Of heat, of warding). Personally i picked Quartz/Cinderswallow Urn with Leech craft but i change it for Silver Flask of Warding if a map has Curse.
Uber elder flask setup: Blood of the Karui, Change a rare flask of heat for Adrenaline.

Jewels:
Spoiler
2 combat jewels (Cannot choose cold and lightning) Abyss jewels , stats are looking for Life > AS > Fire dmg. Rare jewels stats are looking for %life > AS with Bows > Proj DmG > Res

Ascendancy, Bandits, Pantheon:

Spoiler
Slayer/Pathfinder, start with the Slayer nodes, then pickup the Pathfinder. Note!: U can also choose Elementalist\Raider if u like them more.
Kill all bandits
Soul of Araakali for Extra leech (Mandatory), Minor: Soul of Garukhan for mapping and Soul of Yugul for UElder

Skill gems:

Spoiler

Single target Ele Hit - EDwAS - Fire Pen - Combustion - Mirage Archer - Damage on Full life
Clearing Ele hit - GMP - Mirage archer - Combustion - Damage on full life - EDwAS (All gems are necessary and cannot be changed)
CWDT Setup With Vaal Cold Snap on our Helm
Blood Rage + Blink Arrow for utility on Gloves
Myself i run Vaal Haste\Vaal Grace on the boots when im clearing the maps

My thoughts/Playstyle/Damage input:

Spoiler
This is my 5th build this league, Cleanest uber elder killer i have played since whatever. If u are looking for deep delves\ Uber carries this build is for you. Playstyle is pretty much straight forward, u dont afraid anything > only way u can die is not Hitting ur opponent or Underestimate some mechanics. Having Resolute technique is rly good, basically u can forget bout crit and accuracy, just focus on flat and % mods, with average gear that i showed i have 1.5mil dps, and before u say its so low. Having 1.5dps on a 8.5k life character with RT\SlayerLeech\Ranged Character is kinda different compared to 4-5k life squishy ~6mil one. Our damage is constant, we basically never dodge our opponent, i would say that we have TRUE damage input, than other builds u might use.
At the start of the creating a character, recommend not buying a lot of expensive gear (6link ChinSol now is lower than 3ex!, buy a cheap rare bow for clear and stuff like that) On the tree u can just not go after phase acro grab, basically u can change it urself, maybe take some extra life nodes/damage, or focus on taking more jewels.

PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/af7ZmMx3

Thank you for reading and keeping eye on it!. Ask me anything in the comments section.

Last edited by trimd on Jan 2, 2019, 9:41:19 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2019, 8:08:42 PM
reserved
added a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObdPB4yF58&t=1s

Update: Im done with the league, cleared every content with 6 different builds so far. No updates on this page anymore, gl all :)
Last edited by trimd on Jan 8, 2019, 3:06:38 PM
playing a similar playstyle, but with crit fire ele hit, dont know if its better or not, but the scion ele hit build itself is still insane with the correct gear.

good guide!
"
knuspergnom wrote:
playing a similar playstyle, but with crit fire ele hit, dont know if its better or not, but the scion ele hit build itself is still insane with the correct gear.

good guide!

ty :)
I might be missing something, never played a Scion before. Where do you start putting your skill points into as you level up? I don't see any connection on the skill tree with the starter Scion nodes. Thanks!
"
machine305 wrote:
I might be missing something, never played a Scion before. Where do you start putting your skill points into as you level up? I don't see any connection on the skill tree with the starter Scion nodes. Thanks!

U start at the center, gain life nodes towards resolute technique. after merciless lab u can choose to start from duelist area
I changed my Scion over to this last night and am thoroughly enjoying it. After 5 failed attempts with a CI MS Scion on Uber Elder I got him to 25% on the first attempt with this build.

I think my dps is around 2/3 of yours but it seems to work great.

Thanks for posting it!
Can you add a leveling section for those who are first to play as a scion plzz ( inlcuding me) PS: Great build
Well you gave me my first Uber Elder kill last night! And the second :)

There was one close failure in between but I've upgraded my bow to a slightly better one and bought a 21/20 Ele Hit for the single target setup.

Had a really shitty watchers eye drop so hoping for a better one to drop so I can get a 'proper' bow.

Thanks again!
What ilvl do i need for the crafted bow's?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info