[3.6] StupidSmile Ultimate Winter Orb (Low Life CI + Leech/ Regen/Recharge & 4 Curses)

GAMEPLAY https://youtu.be/1fKfjQrRxSs

Patch 3.6:
Winter Orb base damage have been reduced
Ice Spear base damage have been increased
Temporal Chain curse been nerfed against bosses
Enfeeble curse been nerfed against bosses
1.1% of our spell now leech back as ES leech
Our leech rate are double ( life + es )
Plenty of new support gem to choose from
We are using the new 20% MORE spell and extra critical damage aura
Overall our WO&IS are becoming MORE better than ever
#Will update this page as soon am free

By combining low life benefit + Critical Damage + Lv28 Skill Gem together with Occultist benefit, with a right gear supported by nice good old jewel, the player are able to rely on a consistent leech while dealing MILLION of damage at the same time. This build deal 48% MORE damage as extra chaos damage. Since the player are dealing critical damage, chill and shock is quite easy to apply.

Defense Layer
How we block incoming damage
Spoiler
CWDT Immortal Call setup will make us immune to physical damage from hit for a brief moment. Which is good.

How we reduce incoming damage
Spoiler
Blind will cost the enemy to lose 50% of their accuracy. This will effect on how many hits will they manage to land on the player and thus the damage themselves.

Freeze/chill will reduce their action speed by 30% at the same time reduce their movement. This will help us reduce boss damage per second.

Enfeeble curse on hit will reduce enemy accuracy more further together with their critical chances and their attack damage.

Artic Armor Aura also will reduce incoming physical and fire damage.

Malediction from occultist node will cause the enemy damage to be reduced by 10%.

How we recover back from incoming damage
Spoiler
Firstly, thanks to the Warlord Mark curse on hit, we are able to leech 2% back consistently using Winter Orb and Storm Orb. The build itself comes with like 700-1000 Es energy shield regeneration per second. This would help us regain back our missing energy without having to rely on leech.

We also have energy shield recharge cannot be interrupted. In case the boss misses on the second attack, this recharge will help us recover all our energy shield to maximum without delay.

Other than that, vaal discipline will help us boost our regeneration + leech to a whole new level.

Pro & Con
Spoiler

Pro
13k energy shield (very tanky)
Energy shield recharge cannot be interrupt
Million+ of damage
4 curse on hit (bypass hex proof)

Con
Make sure to use reflect ring during delve mine. U never know.
Always take note on bosses that deal bleed as our life is only 1.
Certain bosses on certain phase and require u to keep moving. So never face em head on.

Battle Gear
Spoiler

Void battery wand is pretty nice but kinda felt slow a bit compare to the No1 Undisputed Caster Wand. They are the best wand for the build. For more info visit
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2030369

OR

If u manage high amount of energy shield. U might want to try Cast On Channelling staff. I don't know how it got into my stash. So most probably u need staff like this.

This armor offer lv28 skill gem and at the same time also offer 25% damage taken from hit as chaos damage. Since we are CI, this amount can be consider equal to 6% to our max elemental resistant. Which is far better and greater than Loreweave unique body armour which only fix at 80% elemental resistant and skin of the loyal which only offer lv28 skill. On top of that, its also offer 10-20% MORE damage as extra chaos damage for our skill build and free node on light radius base on energy shield.

There are lots of enchantment u can use for the build. Ice spear, winter orb or even aura. For me i decided to settle down with 20% mana reduction as we really need as many mana as we can.

The point of using wand is that so we could use a shield to enhance our survival further. So try to look for a shield that offers energy shield as high as possible.

As for this two, try look one that offer better energy shield and resistant at the same time.

This belt is very compulsory if u are planning on going low life and CI at the same time. Being low life will give u 30% MORE spell damage for our build. Which is quite huge.

There are plenty unique amulet which u can choose from. If possbile try craft one that have additional curses. Each curse will give u 8% MORE damage. So if u have 4 curses on the enemy when they are killed, u have 32% MORE damage as extra chaos damage for 4 sec. This duration keep on recycle every time u deal killing blow.

As for ring, try look for warlord mark on hit for leech purpose. We dont need high level curses on this one.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Winter Orb
Cast On Channeling
Ice Spear
Empower
Controlled Destruction
Greater Multiple Projectile

Don't get me wrong, Winter Orb is absolutely a great skill. The AOE, overlap damage are just excellent. However, if ur planning on going critical then it requires a lots of investment compare to Ice Spear. The new Ice Spear works so great. It receives a lot of love in patch 3.5 as well. Critical + Multi everything there. So it is more easily to go critical using Ice Spear compare to Winter Orb.

By using cast on channeling Ice Spear, the character could deal a huge sum of damage yet still getting Winter Orb AOE/auto hit benefit. That way, I could invest more on survival.

Orb of Storm
Curse on Hit
Temporal Chain
Power Charge on Critical Strike

Storm Brand
Curse on Hit
Enfeeble
Assassin Mark

Enlighten
Determination
Discipline
Artic Armour

Flame Dash
Arcane Surge
Enhance

Cast On Damage Taken
Immortal Call
Ice Golem

Passive Tree

Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

The most crucial part for the jewel for our low life build. Try look for "unaffected by vulnerability while affected by determination".

This are unique jewel that u can easily get from trade.

Please do try and craft something like this.

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Arakaali (Major God) - for our es regeneration
Soul of Tukohama (Minor God) - physical damage reduction + regeneration

Videos
Spoiler

T15 The Shaper [Taking Shaper Hit] https://youtu.be/XnTLY6Dmqbs
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2624459
For minion helmet mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2616501
Stupidsmile Ultimate SRS Minion Instability Build
Last edited by StupidSmile on Mar 9, 2019, 2:20:54 PM
Last bumped on May 12, 2019, 8:47:29 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but CI and Low Life are mutually exclusive. When you have CI you have 1 life, but that counts as "full" life, not low life. Low life refers to the percentage of health you have remaining (30% or under to qualify for LL bonuses), not the total amount of health you have. So you are not getting the benefits from Pain Atunement in this build.

Again, unless I am missing something.
Last edited by Xero_Veritas on Jan 5, 2019, 4:45:46 PM
"
Xero_Veritas wrote:

Again, unless I am missing something.

Coward's legacy.
You have both 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked in your PoB. Bit misleading, I'd say
"
Verdonne wrote:
You have both 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked in your PoB. Bit misleading, I'd say

i didn't get what u meant by 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked?

didn't u check that the enemy was hit by lightning damage. That is equilibrium effect. I didn't need to check the elemental equilibrium as it doesn't reflect on the dps. The system already note it from the passive tree.

this is critical build. Therefore, we dont need chance to shock as the skill will 100% shock every time it critical at 20% increase damage taken thanks to beacon of ruin.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

didn't u check that the enemy was hit by lightning damage. That is equilibrium effect. I didn't need to check the elemental equilibrium as it doesn't reflect on the dps. The system already note it from the passive tree.

So what happens is you hit enemies once with lightning damage. Then your 7 projectiles of winter orb hit the enemy. The first one will hit with cold damage and make the enemy have +25% cold resistance. The rest will then do less damage than if you simply unspecced elemental equilibrium.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

this is critical build. Therefore, we dont need chance to shock as the skill will 100% shock every time it critical at 20% increase damage taken thanks to beacon of ruin.

Checking shock in PoB calculates assuming that shocks do 50% increased damage taken, not 20%.
"
Verdonne wrote:
"
StupidSmile wrote:

So what happens is you hit enemies once with lightning damage. Then your 7 projectiles of winter orb hit the enemy. The first one will hit with cold damage and make the enemy have +25% cold resistance. The rest will then do less damage than if you simply unspecced elemental equilibrium.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

Checking shock in PoB calculates assuming that shocks do 50% increased damage taken, not 20%.

I see does make sense. I already updated the POB. ty for the point given.

i like the look of this!!!
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Why does the PoB link have enemies with -90% cold resistance?
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Why does the PoB link have enemies with -90% cold resistance?

We are using 5 curses.
Due to the icebite and elemental weakness curses, the enemy have like -90% cold resistant.
Though this number effect lesser on end game bosses. Since we have like 76% curse effectiveness.
That mean the end game bosses have like 4% reduce curse effectiveness on them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info