[3.5] Ryu's CI Winter orb CWC Ice spear Occultist - Lv 100 - 1M+ DPS

"
nightly1029 wrote:
I switched to this build from a pure Winter Orb build, and I'm having trouble even clearing delve ~100 efficiently. Only the smallest mobs get 1-2 shot, I typically have to channel for multiple seconds to clear the screen each time.

Full Winter orb build 6L is shattering everything almost instantly, and hardly proccing my CWDT. CwC Icy spear will chain proc my CWDT because enemies have no trouble making it to me. I'm using a ~150% spell damage +extra chaos and elemental damage wand instead of a void battery, but I don't see how it would cause such a sharp drop in performance compared to the items recommended here. Also single target isn't faster for me when using icy spear, and I'm not too sure why.

Well that wand would be better than void battery i believe, except the critical chance. check for your crit chance and crit multi. that might be it.

Cant really say why you are dying, perhaps not enough ES/Res.
"
cocomoloco wrote:
what ES would the chest need to have to beat Incandescent Heart? can that be approximated? You speak of 900ES but those are obviously ludicrous.

Well Incandecent heart is the BiS. but if you want the best gear, get yourself a mirror. and mirror a 800+ ES chest with 1.5% crit and %phys taken as ele. that about do it.

But i wouldnt really switch Incandencent heart if i had anything less than that tbh.
Hey, thanks for the build guide I'm trying this atm, currently level 92 at 9k ES and survivability is great. I do however lack damage, PoB shows my build is around 400k less dps than your PoB and I'm only missing 3 crit nodes, if you have time could you check my PoB and check if you see something wrong ? https://pastebin.com/DjuUU305

Also noob question since I'm kinda new to in-depth skill setups, you currently have 2x CwDT setups in both of them you have lvl 1 CwDT but you have gems that require higher than lvl 38 which lvl 1 CwDT only supports, does this still work because the active skill gems are not higher than lvl 38 requirement ? Hope my question make sense.

Correct, the cast when damage taken will activate the gem that is at or below level 38, and the increased duration will then support it regardless of the level.
Hi, thanks for this build, i've been looking for something like this. But i have some questions:

1- is it the power charge on crit rly necesary having Forbidden Power?
2- Temporal Chain is a mandatory curse? the build has freez/chill/slow so think is irrelevant in some way. (maybe u can use a set up of curse on hit into herald of ice)
3- is a rare amulet with +1 minimum power charges good option?
4- theres any way to improve the dps?

tyvm
Last edited by desing1 on Jan 12, 2019, 11:48:20 AM
Hi, nice build btw i wanted to play WO as occultist.
I was wondering, is that possible to play this as a low life version ?
Is this build Hc viable?
currently playing this as my starter HC character and it is going smooth - it was rough for a while as I lacked damage and was leveling as ES (no one should do this). Freezing pulse till level 60 was a pain also, but now things are working very nice. Going to take a while to farm the currecny for the pieces though :)
Actually 92 with this build and some change, work really well for mapping and ok for bosses.
But maybe there's better wand or scepter than void battery?
And i take flat cold + crit on jewel, sound's better no?
"
desing1 wrote:
Hi, thanks for this build, i've been looking for something like this. But i have some questions:

1- is it the power charge on crit rly necesary having Forbidden Power?
2- Temporal Chain is a mandatory curse? the build has freez/chill/slow so think is irrelevant in some way. (maybe u can use a set up of curse on hit into herald of ice)
3- is a rare amulet with +1 minimum power charges good option?
4- theres any way to improve the dps?

tyvm

Hey there, sorry for my late reply, my real life is a bit chaotic right now.

1. Power charge on crit adds a nice boost to your damage, and its a bit more smooth than only forbidden power. You can replace it, but i wouldnt recommend it.

2. Well i used temp chains for more safety. you can use ele weakness on hit or something like that if you want though.

3. Pandemonius is still better for the slow, and cold res.

4. drop defensive curses, get offensive ones. dual void battery. ice spear enchant. more projectiles somehow. more crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info