[3.5] Lightning vortex - 1-2 sec guardians kill, out of scale DPS - high and low budget

"
any ideas for other options than orb of storms for pcoc (for those of us using 5 link)? oos is pretty clunky... could we attach pcoc to the cwdt vortex or something instead?

well, orb of storm PCoC can work,

Also:

The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
When i take power charge, I'm starting to die, what i do wrong?
"
ybaldr wrote:
When i take power charge, I'm starting to die, what i do wrong?

Do you have leech? warlord's mark ring and focus Vaal pact amulet?

Also, how much life do you have?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
So are you still converting to 100% lightning? Last time I checked your chars didnt wear the stormchargers you recommended in the beginning. Is the loss of roughly 20% converted damage worth it?
"
daiur wrote:
So are you still converting to 100% lightning? Last time I checked your chars didnt wear the stormchargers you recommended in the beginning. Is the loss of roughly 20% converted damage worth it?

I am now on a much better gear even with only 82% conversion, you will convert 100% to lightning like I did till you get these:

Last edited by rel4us on Jan 2, 2019, 7:57:05 AM
so theese are the bis enchants and with them i can exchange the crown and stormcharger? any other aspects beside enchant and life on helm that are neccesary? like the abys socket
"
rel4us wrote:
"
any ideas for other options than orb of storms for pcoc (for those of us using 5 link)? oos is pretty clunky... could we attach pcoc to the cwdt vortex or something instead?

Also:

I did see those shimmerons but unfortunately the ones with that corruption are quite expensive so I was looking for another solution. i am gonna try the cwdt-vortex-pcoc and see how it works since i dont have room for an oos setup atm.

I got a pretty good helmet for very cheap that I am trying to balance resists around, think it will work ok?

also, I notice that in your videos all of you mana is reserved but I am having trouble figuring out with what. Wrath and herald together are 75%, what are you reserving the other 25% with? [edit, forgot about aspect, i didnt know they reserved mana]

One more question, can you give some more tips for where to look for/try to get aspect of the spider? is amulet best for that, and if so, are u required to multimod for vaal pact and spider?

thank u so much for all your help!!
Last edited by yoloqueen on Jan 2, 2019, 9:02:19 AM
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
so theese are the bis enchants and with them i can exchange the crown and stormcharger? any other aspects beside enchant and life on helm that are neccesary? like the abys socket

To remove the boots and the crown of the tyrant, you need very specific things:

1. Bubonic trail with 2 abbysal sockets
2. A shaped helmet (for potential flat lightning) or a normal helmet with this enchantment crafted with metallic fossil for lightning -9% res mod and lightning res that is high as the boots have most of our res, hollowed fossil for the abyssal jewel and sanctified fossil for a better higher mods and rolls like the -9%, high lightning res, and maybe some life.

On the helmet you don't have to have life, you can craft it or meta craft it later (I'm planning to do it on my helmet to get high life + flat lightning or at least flat cold or inc AOE).

Again, this is very expensive crafting, do that only if you are very rich and don't really care about the currency, it gave me 4% more damage but about 600 life that is about 8% more life, this is why I did that.

"
"
rel4us wrote:
"

Also:

I did see those shimmerons but unfortunately the ones with that corruption are quite expensive so I was looking for another solution. i am gonna try the cwdt-vortex-pcoc and see how it works since i dont have room for an oos setup atm.

I got a pretty good helmet for very cheap that I am trying to balance resists around, think it will work ok?

also, I notice that in your videos all of you mana is reserved but I am having trouble figuring out with what. Wrath and herald together are 75%, what are you reserving the other 25% with?

One more question, can you give some more tips for where to look for/try to get aspect of the spider? is amulet best for that, and if so, are u required to multimod for vaal pact and spider?

No problem, I'm happy to help other players, this is why I made the guide public and did save the information to myself in secret :)

About your questions:

1. PCOC is working with something that is hitting a lot of times, ball lightning on CWDT can work, also orb of storms, but to be honest, I think that controlled destruction is less important on a 5L if you are having truble keeping max amount of power charges, as this is a Shimmeron build. So for your quality of life use PCOC gem.

2. The aspect of the spider reserves 25%, this is why I'm reserving 100%.

3. The cheapest way is the gloves: They cost 20c. The more effective way is to put it on an amulet or a ring, that requires the scorpion that opens portals to the spider (very very powerful one with shit tons of DOT that is chaos damage, be careful), Many sell it in trade 820 as a craft (ask them to stream that they have it, there are scammers that will take your ring or amulet) and it cost 2ex. You need an open suffix for that.

4. The vaal pact is only on amulets and it's a suffix, the aspect crafting is not a master craft so you can have both on the same amulet.

Hope I helped and I'm here for more questions if you need me.
"
rel4us wrote:
"
"
rel4us wrote:

Also:

also, I notice that in your videos all of you mana is reserved but I am having trouble figuring out with what. Wrath and herald together are 75%, what are you reserving the other 25% with?

No problem, I'm happy to help other players, this is why I made the guide public and did save the information to myself in secret :)

About your questions:

1. PCOC is working with something that is hitting a lot of times, ball lightning on CWDT can work, also orb of storms, but to be honest, I think that controlled destruction is less important on a 5L if you are having truble keeping max amount of power charges, as this is a Shimmeron build. So for your quality of life use PCOC gem.

2. The aspect of the spider reserves 25%, this is why I'm reserving 100%.

3. The cheapest way is the gloves: They cost 20c. The more effective way is to put it on an amulet or a ring, that requires the scorpion that opens portals to the spider (very very powerful one with shit tons of DOT that is chaos damage, be careful), Many sell it in trade 820 as a craft (ask them to stream that they have it, there are scammers that will take your ring or amulet) and it cost 2ex. You need an open suffix for that.

4. The vaal pact is only on amulets and it's a suffix, the aspect crafting is not a master craft so you can have both on the same amulet.

Hope I helped and I'm here for more questions if you need me.

yeah i quickly realized pcoc on vortex cwdt = i never have any power charges hahaha. i just attached it to a brand so im gonna see how that works.. since the brand jumps around i think it might work.

do u think the helmet i linked is ok replacement for the unique in your guide?

you have said the cheapest way to aspect is gloves. what gloves are u referring to? thank you for clarifying!

one more thing. how does the focus thing work? do u just trigger VP when u are taking a lot of damage? i am trying to iron out the play style.
Last edited by yoloqueen on Jan 2, 2019, 12:27:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info