[3.5] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Truly Excessive CWDT

Gotta love this build, super strong and does tons of damage to bosses or w.e. u want with molten shell.

I noticed that this build is a SPELL build, meaning that it would benefit from vaal righteous fire, wouldn't it be a good idea to include it somewhere for almost 40% more damage?

Also, I added a weapon swap with two wands (can be anything honestly) with more fire damage to spells to further buff vaal molten shell.
@Commonjunks I really appreciate you breaking that down for me. Here is hoping I can get those color rolls as well as the 6 sockets. I only have 5 and have spent around 400 Jewelers to get to 6. Loving the build thus far. I have used 4L Firestorm with a 3L Arc Totem to help out while leveling this build. So far only level 33. But its been fun thus far and cant wait till I get this really going.
Appreciate your time making this
Love this, I'm running it with Aberraths hooves so it triggers my spells as I walk...mostly for fun and shenanigans.
I have a hypothetical question, what would happen if we used a The formless Inferno helm and converted some phys dmg to fire dmg?
"
Bigschwang wrote:
Love this, I'm running it with Aberraths hooves so it triggers my spells as I walk...mostly for fun and shenanigans.
I have a hypothetical question, what would happen if we used a The formless Inferno helm and converted some phys dmg to fire dmg?

I think the biggest problem with that would be the issue of too many uniques. The life is nice, but the negative fire res is not, plus the helm is a good place to obtain the much needed additional Dex we need. The armour is pretty pointless to us so no value there.

If you want additional defence it might be worth considering the Belt of the Deceiver. It's most likely going to be a Crit that overwhelms our Defences and the belt works across all damage types. The life and resists are better than nothing, but nowhere near what a good Leather Belt would provide.
Oh ok thanks for the reply!

Does bladefall cause as many ignites as fire storm and ice storm?
Is it okay if I overcap only Fire Res as my highest for The Wise Oak's Effect? Since that's where the bulk of our damage is?

Or just balance Fire + Ice?

Or do I need to balance all 3 elements?
"
Chibiwong wrote:
Is it okay if I overcap only Fire Res as my highest for The Wise Oak's Effect? Since that's where the bulk of our damage is?

Or just balance Fire + Ice?

Or do I need to balance all 3 elements?

I just did fire since it was the easiest and the penetration is nice. The more you can balance the better as always but it gets tricky.
As i was not capable to get the damned soul ripper flask (holy-expensiveness) i just changed temporary the fire penetration gem in the helmed to a cast-on-damage-taken one. So the shield comes up after a small amount of damage taken automatically (just cast some firestorm over something and the shile will pop up all the time). Maybe not the best idea, but a nice workaround for not pressing the molten-shell button all half second...
Last edited by LordNighthawk on Jan 2, 2019, 10:45:57 AM
You should really try to get an armageddon brand into the build, it seems that if it is called, it does one explosion, regardless if another is called at the same time... doing the lazy jugger build, which is technically the same only with a little bit more survivability
"
Jadefalkner wrote:
You should really try to get an armageddon brand into the build, it seems that if it is called, it does one explosion, regardless if another is called at the same time... doing the lazy jugger build, which is technically the same only with a little bit more survivability

Hmm looking at the Jugg version its very tempting because of the tankiness. Without whispering doesn't seem as many ignites/sec though. How do you feel it does for general map clear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info