How can I properly uninstall the game?

Somehow I accidentally installed the game twice and now I'm looking for a way to remove the extra copy.

Windows, being windows, doesn't show both of the games in the "Add or remove programs menu" and, sure enough, it doesn't want to show the copy I want to remove (the one that was hidden in my Program Files folder).

On the other hand the game itself still has no uninstaller in its own folder...

So how is one supposed to properly remove an extra copy of the game?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Dec 29, 2018, 11:29:01 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2019, 3:54:38 PM
Bump
shift+delete the folder

problem solved
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
Not really. Read up here, if you are not familiar with the reasons why is that a bad thing to do: https://www.quora.com/Are-uninstalling-software-and-deleting-the-program-files-manually-the-same-If-not-whats-the-difference
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Dec 30, 2018, 7:52:55 PM
bump
GGG, do you even read this forum????
uninstal the game via the windows uninstaller then delete the folders if they are still there, both the one in the program files and the one in the user/my documents/my games.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
GGG, why do you ignore your own forums so fucking hard?????
tl;dr use the Windows uninstall (should safely remove all POE registry entries), restart, delete anything that's left (POE folders), empty trash, restart, new install - once.

Steam or Standalone client? I guess Standalone.

Is there not an uninstall.exe in each folder ("/Path Of Exile" and "/Path of Exile (2)")?

I don't use Standalone client myself. So don't actually know if there is an uninstall.exe in the folder.

And if you use Windows uninstall option and restart, is there still a copy left (folder, icon, My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile)? If yes. Then just delete it, empty trash, restart. Install new. Once.

If you use the Windows uninstall or POE own uninstall in POE folder, it should safely remove all POE registry entries.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Feb 11, 2019, 4:41:33 PM
Windows uninstall worked for only one of the copies.

Also let me refer to you to this exact same url I linked a month ago: https://www.quora.com/Are-uninstalling-software-and-deleting-the-program-files-manually-the-same-If-not-whats-the-difference

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info