Tempest Shield and Elemental Equilibrium

Just one simple question, does Tempest Shield (a reactive damage ability, meaning you have no control over when it does damage) trigger Elemental Equilibrium?

I was thinking of a build that alternates between Molten Shell and Shock Nova that also happens to run Tempest Shield on the side.
I would assume it does, since it's a damage source originating from the character. The same would go for Molten Shell when it detonates.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Tempest shields effect is tied to your block chance, so while you can't directly control it, investing in block chance will cause it to trigger more often.

I think the most effective strategy would be to use molten shell, keep it at level 1, and then use frost nova after the shield detonates. Shock nova wouldn't be as effective due to the way damage is calculated based on distance from the edge of the nova.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Shock nova wouldn't be as effective due to the way damage is calculated based on distance from the edge of the nova.

I'm pretty sure that effect of Shock Nova was removed awhile ago and in return the default AoE of Shock Nova was made about half the size.
I don't think this is an ideal way to use Elemental Equilibrium. When you hit an enemy with elemental damage, they immediately get +30% resistance to that element, but -20% to others. If you have to wait for an uncontrollable event, you're left with 1 spell that will do 30% less damage after the first hit (because it's buffing the enemies' defense against itself).

Ideally, you should just alternate 2 different elemental damage types with 2 spells.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Ideally, you should just alternate 2 different elemental damage types with 2 spells.

Better yet, 2 spells, first pure element, second a combo of the other 2 elements.

ex.
Ice Spear + Added lightning damage (debuff fire resist -40%)

Fireball (debuff cold -20%, lightning -20%)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info