[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
hey guys, any tips (recomendation) when to go for CI?
like at what lvl of ES?
im still far from it but just wanted to know

I did my CI switch around 9500 ES. But i would say a safe switch is when you only die to chaos damage.
"
"
like at what lvl of ES?

I did my CI switch around 9500 ES. But i would say a safe switch is when you only die to chaos damage.

Ok, well im so new to the build and im on HC so hard to say when i get one shotted :P, but will wait for quite a bit then at least.
Btw, any1 got any nice gear for the build that was used around lvl 50 ish they wanna sell?
"
"
TenarWhat wrote:

Hey OP why aren't you guys using Mark of the Shaper? Volatile Anomaly scales with all of our damage. My tree's a little different than yours but VA pulls out another 100k dps dot when it procs.

On kill. Doesnt help on bosses and trash melts anyways. I'd be more exited about the spell damage if other ring is a Elder ring.

In a perfect world with resists sorted else where it's def a good ring. I'm using

Aspect of the Spider IMO is too good to give up, too expensive to buy on a Crystal Belt and probably expensive ( havnt looked) if on a Elder ring

I understand that Aspect is a big draw for non-elder rings and should have added that the inc spell damage from Elder ring in conjunction with MotS is a bigger overall buff than VA, but honestly I've found that VA does proc a decent bit during Uber Elder. Since only one squid spawns at a time, it's very common for the VA orb to travel to whoever is vulnerable at the time.

That said, I did have Spider crafted onto my belt.

I realize that Elder Spider rings are very expensive, but honestly for the buff that you get between the inc spell damage and the VA I feel like it should be at least a secondary priority for people to go for this combo if they can afford it. An elder ring with an open affix or a belt or almost any gear item where the socketed gems don't increase the reservation of Spider is a valid location for a Spider craft.

I really don't feel like you need to pigeonhole yourself into having Spider on a ring specifically.
First let me say Thank You. This build saved Betrayal league for me. Everything I tried did fine in the normal game but just couldn't handle the Syndicate fights. I am really enjoying this one. I have never played a CI build before I found this and am having a lot of fun with it.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I am running Discipline (and Enfeeble) linked to Empower. This is reserving more mana than your set up, so I end up with enough mana left over to cast a couple times before I am out. Mana regen isn't high enough to really sustain it, however, so I was running with a lower (Sacred) mana flask with the Seething prefix. It is instant refill of my 139 usable mana. It worked, but could be a little clunky.

The solution I have found, and highly recommend trying, is I dropped Dying Sun. The increase in Area of Effect was not really even noticeable on Dying Sun, so I thought about different optioons. In place of the Dying Sun I am using a nice Cinderswallow Urn from the Mastermind boss fight. I have 3% mana recovered and 2% ES recovered per kill during flask effect, so it is a great defensive tool as well as smoothing out my cast rate. For map clearing it is wonderful because it has 6 seconds of duration (at 20% quality) and I can keep it rolling while I run around the map.

Take it or leave it, just thought I would share.
Any thoughts on using Death's Door boots for the bleed immunity?
"
Tenivald wrote:
First let me say Thank You. This build saved Betrayal league for me. Everything I tried did fine in the normal game but just couldn't handle the Syndicate fights. I am really enjoying this one. I have never played a CI build before I found this and am having a lot of fun with it.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I am running Discipline (and Enfeeble) linked to Empower. This is reserving more mana than your set up, so I end up with enough mana left over to cast a couple times before I am out. Mana regen isn't high enough to really sustain it, however, so I was running with a lower (Sacred) mana flask with the Seething prefix. It is instant refill of my 139 usable mana. It worked, but could be a little clunky.

The solution I have found, and highly recommend trying, is I dropped Dying Sun. The increase in Area of Effect was not really even noticeable on Dying Sun, so I thought about different optioons. In place of the Dying Sun I am using a nice Cinderswallow Urn from the Mastermind boss fight. I have 3% mana recovered and 2% ES recovered per kill during flask effect, so it is a great defensive tool as well as smoothing out my cast rate. For map clearing it is wonderful because it has 6 seconds of duration (at 20% quality) and I can keep it rolling while I run around the map.

I’ve considered dropping Dying Sun as well, since I don’t need the fire resist and the aoe doesn’t seem worth it. Just remember, it has +50 fire resist. Don’t swap without gaining it elsewhere.
Last edited by Anointedone on Jan 5, 2019, 6:24:33 PM
"
"
"
like at what lvl of ES?

Ok, well im so new to the build and im on HC so hard to say when i get one shotted :P, but will wait for quite a bit then at least.

I'm playing on SSF HC and I switched to CI as soon As I got a decent chest. Which was around low mid 80's? Can't remember exactly but I was playing hybrid with like 3k life and 4k ES before I switched and it was spooky as hell, I switched to like only 6.5k ES CI but it still felt much better than hybrid

"
Anointedone wrote:
"
Tenivald wrote:

I’ve considered dropping Dying Sun as well, since I don’t need the fire resist and the aoe doesn’t seem worth it. Just remember, it has +50 fire resist. Don’t swap without gaining it elsewhere.

Don't forget, a large portion of Dying Sun is not the AoE per say, that is part of it, but it is also 20% less fire damage taken. Thats a fairly big stat. I am debating on experimenting with some other flasks myself.

The one I am currently thinking of picking up is a Stibnite Flask for the AoE blind.
for flask i've been using a
. dont have a dying sun. it doubles up as stibnite and a damage boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info