3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

Any change with skilltree for 3.6? And What would you use instead of arctic breath untill 28?
"
NorrisTBK wrote:
Any change with skilltree for 3.6? And What would you use instead of arctic breath untill 28?

yea, I could make some changes to get it better than before.. But the way it is now is ok. I'll update the skill tree soon.

You can use Cold Snap too
Last edited by Durnz on Mar 6, 2019, 11:43:22 AM
Arctic Breath was buffed in 3.6 so I imagine we'd probably stick with that until Vortex.
"
Durnz wrote:
yea, I could make some changes to get it better than before.. But the way it is now is ok. I'll update the skill tree soon.

You can use Cold Snap too

Thanks! I see that POB has been updated to 3.6 now. Looking forward to your updated pastebins!
I understood base critical strike chance will be reduced to 0% in 3.6, making non-crit spells with Controlled Destruction Support links (like Vortex and Cold Snap) never trigger Elemental Overload.

Am I missing something, or is there another support gem that those should be swapped to?
"
kamdis5 wrote:
I understood base critical strike chance will be reduced to 0% in 3.6, making non-crit spells with Controlled Destruction Support links (like Vortex and Cold Snap) never trigger Elemental Overload.

Am I missing something, or is there another support gem that those should be swapped to?

Storm Brand setup is what triggers EO
Hi there, thanks for the great guide!
Going to play this build as my league starter and i got 2 questions:

1. How "beginner friendly" is the playstyle of this build? Is is important to time skills or use many skills in the right moment or just "spam" them?

2. Never played ES builds before , is this build able to farm uberlab , even when not knowing all uber izaro mechanics and sometimes failing on traps , on day 3-4 on a fresh league?
"
Enterich wrote:
Hi there, thanks for the great guide!
Going to play this build as my league starter and i got 2 questions:

1. How "beginner friendly" is the playstyle of this build? Is is important to time skills or use many skills in the right moment or just "spam" them?

2. Never played ES builds before , is this build able to farm uberlab , even when not knowing all uber izaro mechanics and sometimes failing on traps , on day 3-4 on a fresh league?

1- This build is very simple to play. You can just use the skill if you're close enough to the enemies.

2- ES builds are not so easy on traps since you can't just use a flask and top your ES up, but I think Occultist is the best ES character for that because of its ascendancy. If you fails in all traps you'll probably die but if you're failing sometimes you should be fine.
I'm also thinking of this as a starter build, and very interested on your thoughts about the passive tree changes.

The new block/spell damage/ES nodes (Arcane Guarding etc) aren't too far away. New AOE nodes close by too (Arcane Expanse).
Here's my 3.5 cold snap / vortex occulist skill tree; https://gyazo.com/46236cdc873cca4350a1bf3a6704914a

I compared it to the pastebin that OP has posted and I have a few questions;

1) Which curses do we use since the build uses an extra curse keystone?

2) Why spec into Light of Divinity? Wouldn't the points there yield way more DPS and stats if specced into other things, such as Spiritual Aid?

3) No effort to spec into Heart of Ice and corresponding nodes, why not?

4) Growth of Decay takes a path through a Life node instead of 2 DoT nodes, why?

5) The mana problem that OP described about mana sustain was solved before with the Shaper talent, 40% mana regen. On top of that, it would yield the EE keystone. Why isn't this taken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info