3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

Added new Uber Elder kill (3 minutes) video using my endgame gear.
Last edited by Durnz on Jan 10, 2019, 6:15:52 PM
How do you guys do your spell rotation with maps?

I just hit maps and I am feeling kind of clunky and inefficient- I cast vortex but it doesn't fully clear the pack so I end up having stragglers.

Tips to make it go smoother while maintaining clear speed?
"
Hellsmith wrote:

I just hit maps and I am feeling kind of clunky and inefficient- I cast vortex but it doesn't fully clear the pack so I end up having stragglers.

Are you using Inc AoE level 20?
"
Durnz wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

No but I do have a 20 quality vortex. I didn’t see inc AOE in the gem setup. Should I be using it?
"
Hellsmith wrote:
"
Durnz wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

No but I do have a 20 quality vortex. I didn’t see inc AOE in the gem setup. Should I be using it?

I don't think its necessary but if you think your vortex is not big enough just use it. Why not? You can swap for concentrated or controlled destruction for bosses
This "guide" is literally just a repeat of ziggy d's guide on youtube.
"
Spadesghost wrote:
This "guide" is literally just a repeat of ziggy d's guide on youtube.

Perhaps ZiggyD followed my guide. Who knows
This and ZiggyD's build are similar in concept and goal, but Ziggy'd tree is quite different, making use of the minion nodes and pathing to Spiritual Aid, so those nodes effect the players damage.

You also then have the Focus skill crafted on the chest for recovering energy shield, which personally I wouldn't want to go without, and the Ring with Aspect of the Spider, both providing extra survivability, so it's hard to claim this is a copy of Ziggy's build even if it may have drawn inspiration from it, like with the use of Malachai's Artifice for EE.

Anyway it's always nice to have forum guides for these sort of builds. Video guides are so much harder to follow.
Last edited by WyvernG on Jan 25, 2019, 6:42:43 AM
What should I upgrade next? I have never been so far into the endgame before and I'm not quite sure how to spend my currency. By the looks of it, I'm on a spot where even the smallest of the upgrades can cost several ex to get.

Here's a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/adnPVV2W

Here's the gear:

Thanks!
"
xour wrote:
What should I upgrade next? I have never been so far into the endgame before and I'm not quite sure how to spend my currency. By the looks of it, I'm on a spot where even the smallest of the upgrades can cost several ex to get.

Here's a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/adnPVV2W

Here's the gear:

Thanks!

Sorry, but seems like you're not following my guide and I don't like the way you invest in curses without malediction. I don't think TC is necessary in any way for this build unless you're playing Hardcore or a life based build maybe.
In my opinion, this amulet is not so good in an ES version. You're losing great ES and a possible Cold Damage over time multiplier mod that you can get in a shaped amulet, what is the best for this build. Same for your weapon. You should try to get this mod in both itens. Thats what I would go for.
You can try to find a good weapon with minion/elemental/cold/ spell damage and with a prefix open and craft 20% cold damage over time multiplier. Just simulate it on PoB and test by yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info