[3.6] Herald of Viper Assassin - Melt all Content! - [BUDGET FRIENDLY] - 2 MIL+ DPS

I'm wondering, as you get closer to the end of the build, which passives get priority over others? I may have done it wrong, as i've left several small 3-link life nodes to last. Lvl 86 with 5k life. Should i use refunds to prioritize them?
"
Asetha wrote:
I'm wondering, as you get closer to the end of the build, which passives get priority over others? I may have done it wrong, as i've left several small 3-link life nodes to last. Lvl 86 with 5k life. Should i use refunds to prioritize them?

This build already does some stupid damage, so I would recommend that you grab the life nodes whenever you can. At the end of the day, it really just depends on how you want to run the build yourself. If you are noticing that you aren't really dying much at that amount of life, then go ahead and grab the damage nodes first.

If you do notice that you are having survivability problems, then take the life nodes first. I would just base it off of that. For me, personally, I prioritize life before damage just because, you can't really do anything if you're dead, right?

Hopefully that helps.

Good luck, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 18, 2019, 1:53:55 PM
"
"
Asetha wrote:

This build already does some stupid damage, so I would recommend that you grab the life nodes whenever you can. At the end of the day, it really just depends on how you want to run the build yourself. If you are noticing that you aren't really dying much at that amount of life, then go ahead and grab the damage nodes first.

If you do notice that you are having survivability problems, then take the life nodes first. I would just base it off of that. For me, personally, I prioritize life before damage just because, you can't really do anything if you're dead, right?

Hopefully that helps.

Good luck, exile!

Yeah, definitely going down more often than I'd like (of course that means never, but i feel pretty squishy). Granted I'm new at this, yet to add the Chemist mod to my flasks, and as you said dps is not an issue. I'll switch out a few dps nodes for some life. Got the bonehead hat on the ideal color sockets....this build is pretty crazy. was doing a t16 map with a friend last night to leech xp, and the odd time i threw down with some mobs he couldn't believe what minion was doing to them.
"
Asetha wrote:
Yeah, definitely going down more often than I'd like (of course that means never, but i feel pretty squishy). Granted I'm new at this, yet to add the Chemist mod to my flasks, and as you said dps is not an issue. I'll switch out a few dps nodes for some life. Got the bonehead hat on the ideal color sockets....this build is pretty crazy. was doing a t16 map with a friend last night to leech xp, and the odd time i threw down with some mobs he couldn't believe what minion was doing to them.

For me, I personally grabbed the life nodes as early as I could so I would have a crap ton of life even at level 80. The damage like I mentioned is just stupid already. You can focus grabbing on the life nodes first. Since we don't really on too many uniques, getting a lot of life+resists is easy on our rare gear.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the build though. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Good luck, exile!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
You can fully utilize this build at level 53. I personally start my builds at level 70. I do not start my builds from the ground up.

I leveled with a simple Double Strike setup like I usually do for all of my melee builds.

I actually league started with this build and I had a bit of a slower start compared to others because I had to scrape up enough currency to get Orb of Regrets so I could respec. The skill tree is totally optimized for the build. Trying to level with the current tree is going to be a huge pain. You may be in a similar position unless you convert one of your characters over to this build and not league starting with it. I would recommend you go this route rather than league start with it unless you want to deal with the headaches and the bumps along the road. When you do get past this hump though, the build is like butter.

So how did you start? Picked a Duelist, then put the double strike on your L2 Shadow? Or did you get Ancestral Call on your Duelist before putting it on Shadow?
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
So how did you start? Picked a Duelist, then put the double strike on your L2 Shadow? Or did you get Ancestral Call on your Duelist before putting it on Shadow?

Duelist? If you go Duelist, you cannot switch back to Shadow. I started as a Shadow/Assassin and just leveled up with Double Strike using a Tabula Rasa, two Ornaments of the East and just rare gear with life+resists.

I would rather use Melee Splash Support than Ancestral Call when leveling. Feels a whole lot easier and deals with mobs easier.

Leveling along with the normal tree is too difficult, so you are going to have to respec once you can start using the rest of your gear, or have enough spec points to respec.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Right, I meant taking a Duelist from Twilight Strand into Lionseye Watch and give your shadow the gem the duelist woke up with.

Also, at league start I won't have the Tabula until I farm Blood Aquaduct
Will you update the guide for the new league? I really like the idea of poisoning and I like HoA. I'd really like to clear the endgame content for the first time with this build, but it would be really hard for me if the guide becomes outdated/non-viable.

There was a new unique ring that buffs HoA posted on PoE's twitter page, and now people are speculating that HoA will get nerfed. I'm kinda concerned for the build, since there won't be any more nice builds like this to play in the new league.

I hope you will update the build somehow for the new league.
Last edited by fluteboxlee on Feb 27, 2019, 8:27:52 PM
"
fluteboxlee wrote:
Will you update the guide for the new league? I really like the idea of poisoning and I like HoA. I'd really like to clear the endgame content for the first time with this build, but it would be really hard for me if the guide becomes outdated/non-viable.

There was a new unique ring that buffs HoA posted on PoE's twitter page, and now people are speculating that HoA will get nerfed. I'm kinda concerned for the build, since there won't be any more nice builds like this to play in the new league.

I hope you will update the build somehow for the new league.

Honestly, I haven't touched PoE for like a month or so now, just because I have been too addicted to Apex Legends as of late. X_X

I play all games, but I haven't played an actual FPS game in years since Counter Strike 1.6. It's bringing my FPS love back again.

I haven't really kept up much with the updates, but I do know about the Herald of Agony nerf that will be hitting. I also looked at the unique ring that will be granting a buffed up HoA as well. Since this build relies mainly on rares, I don't really see it being that difficult to still run. It would still be viable even with a nerf on HoA.

Unless they completely crap on the HoA nerf, then maybe, but with how strong it already is, even if they tone it down a bit, your Agony Crawler is still going to be hitting like a tank. Even if they dropped the damage down by half, it would still do a crap ton of damage. You got HoA builds hitting over a few million even on Shaper. Cutting that in half is still going to be doing a crap ton of damage, to be honest.

The only thing about using this as a league start or earlier on is going to be a minor setback as explained in the guide. Reason being is because leveling up with the skill tree is very unoptimized. Since you are going to want to respec, getting the currency for Orb of Regrets might be a bit annoying earlier on in the league.

If you got any more questions, let me know. Best of luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Feb 28, 2019, 10:21:39 AM
Hi,

I'm just levelling up to get the build going and was wondering how are you dealing only fire damage to kick off the EE buff please? :)

Also, have you tried Necromancer? Some nice damage buffs there? Though have to find a way to get the final 20% chance to poison i guess.
Last edited by Converge57 on Mar 1, 2019, 7:46:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info