[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

How much EHP does Pandemonius provide?

I dropped 400HP + 0.4% Cold damage leeched swapping this amulet

Is it worth it in terms of survivability? I don't care about damage since everything is annihilated

Last edited by Nojam on Jan 19, 2019, 8:11:43 PM
Currently running this with windshreak and Asenath's Touch Gloves..

unstopable, using The Nomad Belt to pick up the slack for the resistances.

The oak maxes res out and uncapped cold is still way above all other resistance.

Also running The Taiming as well. Just did my first T16 map with Ease.
What can I change in my gear ?

Was looking for some upgrades in a while but couldnt find anything that suits my build.
Last edited by 流NCK on Jan 19, 2019, 8:17:37 PM

Whats the point of this item if all ress are capped? o_O
"

Whats the point of this item if all ress are capped? o_O

It determines which element you penetrate based on your uncapped resistances - ie your "gross" resistances (even if they are over the cap).
"
Nojam wrote:
How much EHP does Pandemonius provide?

I dropped 400HP + 0.4% Cold damage leeched swapping this amulet

Is it worth it in terms of survivability? I don't care about damage since everything is annihilated

That amulet is not as good as Pandemonious, both in therms of damage and survivability. You basically have permablind with Pandemonious, and that's worth way more than 400ehp and some leech.
Last edited by Phizeek on Jan 19, 2019, 9:07:54 PM
"
流NCK wrote:
What can I change in my gear ?

Was looking for some upgrades in a while but couldnt find anything that suits my build.

Hard to tell since your character tab is set to private, but with the gear you linked, you can drop Starkonjas for a rare helmet with -9% cold res to nearby enemies if you can stick reach just under the attack speed cap. Like I said though, can't really tell you for sure until you set your characters to public.
"
t0rpeden wrote:
did my first ever uber elder with this build , could probably do it deathless unless i had mana issues =(

how are you sustaining mana? i dont understand, if i spin for too long mana is gone, if i use quicksilver flask it goes even faster and then i just run around collecting dps from bosses.

am i doing something wrong with my setup?

tips on tree etc. are welcome =)

https://pastebin.com/J8wmdyp2

I've seen a lot of people complaining about not being able to sustain mana with this build. Personally, I opted to drop Enfeeble for aspect of the spider, and run a Warlord's on hit ring. I also crafted - mana cost of skills onto the ring, and even with all but 170 mana reserved, I've never had an issue. Something you could try if you have the extra currency.
"
michaud808 wrote:
Im looking at the jewel section atm and why dont we use crit chance on jewel but just crit multi ?

thx alot

There's literally no need to get Crit Chance on a jewel, ever (unless it's like some corrupted implicit). The reason is, you would lose out on a damage mod like crit multi, spell damage, etc. It's already easy to get crit chance on gear (craft on gloves, diamond ring, etc), plus with Assassin, your already almost crit capped with a diamond flask. Hope that helps!
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Dkodr wrote:

Didnt Aim Deep admit he was wrong about the damage?

He did - but he was wrong about being wrong.

2H exquisite blade with hits not evaded > dps than Cospri with lyco.

You have to double your aps from 3 to 6 to get the same number of ice nova procs, but the dps benefits are definitely in favour of the 2h exquisite blade.

So after reading over the patch notes, I'm pretty sure you are right with the cooldowns of CoC and all that. So I did a lot of theory crafting last night and this morning.

I came to the following conclusions:

Claw & Shield Craft:
- For my character the use of a crafted foil/claw + shield is strictly a damage decrease and eHP increase (approximately 2% less damage and 5% more eHP). It also doubles the cost of my build due to crazy expensive jewels and the crafted claw + shield.
- For Assassins in general I don't think claw + shield is worth the added cost (however I am coming from the camp that thinks Unnatural Instinct is not cost efficient for the build, if you already have one this changes).
- Getting 7.5 APS as an Assassin is super hard and you give up so much damage and utility to do so. Going for 6.0 APS with no CDR seems like the most optimal route.
- Scion makes MUCH better use of Unnatural Instinct and Might of the Meek. So much more efficient.

Exquisite Blade:
- Going to two-hander route is almost strictly a damage increase for any build (Assassin or Scion). However it will most likely double or triple the cost of your build, depending on how well geared you are. For me it would double the cost.
- Going for 7.5 APS is incredibly inefficient as far as gearing and jewels go. I would be at a damage loss if I hit that breakpoint due to losing so much added damage, % increased damage and crit multi.
- A well crafted sword and incredible jewels would give me around 14% more damage, but not a whole lot more eHP, maybe 300 or so (mostly due to the need to go UI and Mights).

Overall, after going through the Assassin and Scion trees it is clear that Assassin out performs Scion in the damage category if that's what you are after. It just scales better and easier.

Scion makes the best use of UI and Meeks, which has been made abundantly obvious in other threads, nothing new there. Well crafted Jewels and a focus on crit/crit multi will be a more efficient route for Assassin, however you will get a fair bit less eHP (irrelevant enough for Softcore, but crucial if going Hardcore).

A very well crafted claw + shield will win out for less geared characters, while Cospri's and Lyco will win out for better geared ones (better jewels, rings etc.).

A Shaper Exquisite Blade is probably the pinnacle of damage for both Assassins and Scions, however it will be vastly more expensive. Especially if you don't have UI and Meeks available already, as that currently adds like 15ex to your gear even before new jewels and the sword itself.

That was a pretty interesting theory crafting session.

Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 19, 2019, 10:34:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info