%Based Reservation Skills to high

"
Xapti wrote:
"
Wertron wrote:

Haste adds 10% Faster ATT/Cast speed (from level 1 upto 9, which is my Haste current lvl) :)
I need more DEX to level it up further, but so far it has "only" increased the Aura Radius from each level, so I'm not sure if I need to level it up further (don't need a bigger Aura) :D
I wasn't sure what it started at cause I only saw a high level one at the time. So at level 9 it hasn't even gone up one point? that's crazy, maybe it's a bug? Considering the mana reserved and base amount, I would expect at least 1 point every 2 levels. Heck the leech gems start at 1, and even THEY get and extra 1 before lvl 9

The only thing I gain from leveling my Aura (Haste and Purity [ele res]) is increased Aura Radius...

I agree that the Aura effect should increase at some point like every 2nd, 3rd or even 5th, I don't really care.

When the Aura has %quality it only increases the Radius even further :/

here you can see my Auras:
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The damage auras increase. The flat ones (fire/lightning) increase in base damage and the cold one goes up 1% per level.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
I think the % is sorta right: you are not supposed to run with 3 or 4 auras.
In my case I use eldritch shield + discipline and grace. It is a great combo and I don't think I'm gonna mess with %based auras.

What I found a bit crappy was the fire/ice/lightning auras working only for phys attacks, but that is it.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
"
Xapti wrote:
I think I kinda disagree, although don't have any strong opinion either way. Realize that the flat ones increase in reserve/cost as they level up (and the relative ones don't, an that they add a fixed amount of benefit, instead of a relative benefit, so in my opinion it makes perfect sense to match relative reservation to only the ones which give relative boosts. Overall it's not really benefiting casters much, especially because casters themselves wouldn't be likely to use the flat cost ones considering they aren't beneficial for them (although that doesn't necessarily matter when in a party). FYI I'm referring to wrath and anger since they only affect attacks (not sure what others are flat cost)

Well % reservation is better balance ,since you cant render it to almost invisible cost like you do with the flat ones if you got enough mana ,you will always pay high price with is good mechanic.

But i would rather see the limitation of auras like with curses ,some aura only related passive skills and so on.
Additionaly i totally dont like the way GGG did lvling of some gems and almost the whole skill system.

By the lvling of gem i mean that you get in some gems 70% of total power on lvl 1 ,and the rest 30% you get by the hard work of lvling them. With is just joke ,though it just for some gems ,not all.

BY the skill system failure i talk more about the "base skill" mixed with "support gems".
GGG is repeating the pattern of skills in boring way by adding new base skills ,it could be easly raplecd by support gems.

For example:
- burning arrow = physical projetile base + add fire dmg support
- anger = aura base + add fire dmg support
- fireball = magic projectile base + add fire dmg + add aoe
- molten shell = shield base + add fire dmg

Basicaly you could just add better support gems ,and they would automaticly give players possiblity to create tons of active skills by their costumzation.

Instead of having add fire dmg like we got now:

- 20% additional physical damage as fire damage

Change it to :

+ x to y fire damage if socket with magic based skill
+ x% additional physical damage as fire damage if socket with physical base skill
+ x to y fire damage explosion after spell expire for shield and buff base skills
+ x% burn damage and +y% burn duration to projectile base skill

Basicaly you could add base skills like "nova" ,"magic/physical projectile" ,"aura" ,"buff" ,"shield" etc.
Then add support skills that behave diffrently for diffrent base type instead of creating 18237193 base types where they are just repetition of previous effect on other base types.
Last edited by herflik on Mar 23, 2012, 7:42:34 AM
I will be honest I only read the first post before writing this.

I have read a lot of complaints about the % cost auras. These auras are very powerful. Equiping the ice damage aura on my Marauder boosts DPS by ~1000. He only does around 5k DPS so that is huge and totally worth 40% of his mana.

Knowing this someone could easily reserve all of there mana and put a blood magic support in their other skills and call it a day. The boost of 2-4 auras would completely offset the loss of one support by using blood magic in your main attack.

tldr

% Auras are powerful. If you want to use multiple ones build around it. It's a beta so it will be tuned.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
"
herflik wrote:

By the lvling of gem i mean that you get in some gems 70% of total power on lvl 1 ,and the rest 30% you get by the hard work of lvling them. With is just joke ,though it just for some gems ,not all.

Not all gems are created equally. That's great. Some are more powerful with lower requirements and that's fine. That supports variety. If you had to level a Dex gem as a Marauder to make it any use who would use them at all? Most gems that have a great effect at level one are supports or buffs, so it's not like a fresh character is running around with the effect of a level 15 Ice Spear.

"
herflik wrote:

BY the skill system failure i talk more about the "base skill" mixed with "support gems".
GGG is repeating the pattern of skills in boring way by adding new base skills ,it could be easly raplecd by support gems.
For example:
- burning arrow = physical projetile base + add fire dmg support
- anger = aura base + add fire dmg support
- fireball = magic projectile base + add fire dmg + add aoe
- molten shell = shield base + add fire dmg

So you want to replace "boring" attack/spell skills with lots of components to recreate those same "boring" attack/spell skills? Cool. That shitty Fireball we used to get at level one now requires a three-link equipment to use at all.
"
mrshoon wrote:

Not all gems are created equally. That's great. Some are more powerful with lower requirements and that's fine. That supports variety. If you had to level a Dex gem as a Marauder to make it any use who would use them at all? Most gems that have a great effect at level one are supports or buffs, so it's not like a fresh character is running around with the effect of a level 15 Ice Spear.

People who spec dex would use them ,thats called "requiements on items" not "everything for free cuz i dont know how to build character propertly".

You write 15 lvl ice spear ,i dont know if its on e of the gems that i complained about since i dont play wizards. But who give fck about lvling to 20lvl gem (thus having hard time getting the requiements for many chars) when you got 70% of the power on 1 lvl gem ,and you can up it to like 5 lvl without harder work ,thus having that 75% of total power.
25% of power isnt worth bothering for getting all the requiements needed.

"
mrshoon wrote:

So you want to replace "boring" attack/spell skills with lots of components to recreate those same "boring" attack/spell skills? Cool. That shitty Fireball we used to get at level one now requires a three-link equipment to use at all.

Its about boring pattern of spells ,they all fallow the same pattern just with other base.
So better to just mash it to components ,it will automaticly create more skills ,since it will create all the possible mixes with those patterns that GGG use.
Additionaly ,since it based on components ,the game would be balanced more ,since one spell wouldnt get to much of free power comparing to others.

Player would need to choose what to pick in a skill. Give it explosion or maybe make it lighting dmg to parlyze enemy or maybe change it to lance type.

Currenly you have predesigned skill totally lifting from the gamers any thinking process about real choices of gameplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info