%Based Reservation Skills to high

I really think that all of the flat reservation auras are much better in terms of cost to power ratio then their %based brothers. %40 of your max mana is a lot of ****ing mana, and the biggest issue I see with this is that the flat reservation auras can be offset by getting more max mana. Were the %based auras just take more mana the more mana you have. I think the %based auras should be changed to take a % of your base mana, not a % of your max mana. The numbers can change to find the balance but this change would stop punishing people who build for extra mana.
I think its not indented that every player is running around with an active aura.
Auras are like all other skills, you need to build around them.
A max mana build uses the flat ones, and a melee low mana build the % based. Thats fine.
Not every build has to have auras.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
If you're going to give feedback about the game, post it in the feedback section, not here.

The reserved amount seem roughly fine right now, except for haste which seems rather absurd considering it only gives 8 or 10% attack/cast (at low level) and doesn't give movement boost. It would be worth the 40% reserved mana if it gave a movement boost.

Like in a party of 6 I suppose it could still be useful even as-is (as long as the aura is wide enough), but it's really rare I ever see more than 3 people playing together (usually for good reason, crowded, probably laggy, and oftentimes just sitting around chasing party members because they're faster at everything)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Do the "5% reduced reservation reserved" apply to each skill so that 2x40% will result in 70%, or ist it 75% or 76%?
Thank you system.
I wasn't aware that determination (and grace?) and vitality(?)also used 40%. Determination and grace are fine at 40%, but the health regen one seems inappropriate considering it's benefits (just like haste).
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Why is everyone allways talking about the usefullness of auras for himself?

They are PARTY relevant.

POINT :P
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
They are PARTY relevant.

With public loot there won't be any public parties I will join.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
At some point a agree with you guys that 40% reserved mana is a bit steep (I use a 7% quality Haste Aura on my Witch), but you can fix this issue, by adding a Reduced Mana Cost Support Gem (currently leveling a 10% quality RMC gem)

atm. my 10% RMC gem reduces the reserved mana to about 34%

The only downside to this, is that your characters need to have attributes in ALL type (DEX for Haste, STR for RMC).

Personally I don't really suffer that much from using Haste (both with and without RMC). I can solo Chaos without too much trouble, and I only need to use mana pots a bit more frequently compared to when I don't use Haste..

"
Xapti wrote:
The reserved amount seem roughly fine right now, except for haste which seems rather absurd considering it only gives 8 or 10% attack/cast (at low level) and doesn't give movement boost. It would be worth the 40% reserved mana if it gave a movement boost.

Haste adds 10% Faster ATT/Cast speed (from level 1 upto 9, which is my Haste current lvl) :)
I need more DEX to level it up further, but so far it has "only" increased the Aura Radius from each level, so I'm not sure if I need to level it up further (don't need a bigger Aura) :D
Like someone said its your choice if you pick aura or not in your build and you need to pay for it good price ,since the boost is not bad too and affect whole party.

Though i dont like the fact that some auras got "flat" reservation ,allowing you to stack few of them on magic user (again favorizing them).

All auras should be % reservation ,and also it should be limited like curses ,without any unique item or passive you should be able to have ONLY ONE aura active.
"
Wertron wrote:

Haste adds 10% Faster ATT/Cast speed (from level 1 upto 9, which is my Haste current lvl) :)
I need more DEX to level it up further, but so far it has "only" increased the Aura Radius from each level, so I'm not sure if I need to level it up further (don't need a bigger Aura) :D
I wasn't sure what it started at cause I only saw a high level one at the time. So at level 9 it hasn't even gone up one point? that's crazy, maybe it's a bug? Considering the mana reserved and base amount, I would expect at least 1 point every 2 levels. Heck the leech gems start at 1, and even THEY get and extra 1 before lvl 9
"
herflik wrote:
Like someone said its your choice if you pick aura or not in your build and you need to pay for it good price ,since the boost is not bad too and affect whole party.

Though i dont like the fact that some auras got "flat" reservation ,allowing you to stack few of them on magic user (again favorizing them).

All auras should be % reservation ,and also it should be limited like curses ,without any unique item or passive you should be able to have ONLY ONE aura active.
I think I kinda disagree, although don't have any strong opinion either way. Realize that the flat ones increase in reserve/cost as they level up (and the relative ones don't, an that they add a fixed amount of benefit, instead of a relative benefit, so in my opinion it makes perfect sense to match relative reservation to only the ones which give relative boosts. Overall it's not really benefiting casters much, especially because casters themselves wouldn't be likely to use the flat cost ones considering they aren't beneficial for them (although that doesn't necessarily matter when in a party). FYI I'm referring to wrath and anger since they only affect attacks (not sure what others are flat cost)
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 22, 2012, 3:33:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info