[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Maybe I should replace Enduring Cry with Blade Vortex, Herald of Ice with Herald of Purity and self cast a Hex?
@Josiasss :

If you deal a lot of cold dmg, go with Frostbite.
Or you can test Punishment, which has been reworked for better clearing, with overkill dmg.

Why replace Enduring Cry with BV ?
Warcries are quite difficult to use now, as they are not instant, unless you get the Call to Arms keystone.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
I just started playing this game and I think I like your idea about this build however I noticed that you have Nightstalker but didn't have all the other prerequisite skills along the path to get Nightstalker? How is that possible?

can you please look at my current build and let me know what you think and how I can begin to emulate this build?
Everything
@sweeper thats through an amulet annointment. You can also check his gear in pob.
"
sweeper240 wrote:
I just started playing this game and I think I like your idea about this build however I noticed that you have Nightstalker but didn't have all the other prerequisite skills along the path to get Nightstalker? How is that possible?

can you please look at my current build and let me know what you think and how I can begin to emulate this build?

Hey,
welcome to Wraeclast :)

Nightstalker is allocated thx to a system called anointment :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_anointments

You need oils that you can find only when you've finished the acts. Then you talk to an NPC, Cassia, who anoints an amulet with a combination of three oils that give you a notable of the tree. You can check the "endgame" section of the build for more details.

About your build :
- Replace Frostblink with Dash or Whirling Blades when you can.
- Siphoning Trap --> not a good skill IMO
- Need to put movement speed on your boots.
You can check my League Start and Levelling sections for more infos.

You will soon need to decide whether you want to use Spells or Attacks. They are two different types of skills, and you can't be good at both. Molten Strike and Viper Strike are attacks, while Ethereal Knives and Holy Flame Totems are spells.

Also, you will need to decide which kind of dmg you wanna do. For instance, Molten Strike and Holy Flame deal fire dmg, while Viper Strike is physical and poison, Ethereal Knives is physical.
So when you've finished some acts, try to see which skill you like best, and build around it. A character cannot be good at two skills. You need one main skill and all the other need to be secondary.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate if you have other questions.
I'm not playing the build in the new league currently, as I'm busy with a Necromancer*, but I check the forum regularly to see new posts.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
For this league start, I've been busy with a new build : the Iron Mass Gladius Necromancer.

Features : Unholy Might, 20% chance to Wither on hit, your skeletons wield the sword and deal triple dmg if you've hit recently with it.

PoB level 90 : https://pastebin.com/ZqXC10TR
Viable in red maps.
350k DPS per skeleton * 10 skeletons = 3.5M DPS
+ other minions dmg : Zombies, Spectres, Carrion Golem.
Cyclone to proc Fortify and the triple dmg for skellies.

Mandatory stuff : The Iron Mass Gladius : 30c.
Recommended : The Scourge claw in off-hand : 3c. Darkness Enthroned belt : 1c
QoL : a medium ring Thread of Hope : 40c

Total : >1ex - NB : the Exalted is currently less than 60 chaos in league !
+ any stuff you want.

I've just begun a Shadow in Heist, and I'm testing new features for the 3.12 version of the Nightblade build.
Here is an updated list of alternate quality gems that come handy for us.

(A) = Anomalous (D) = Divergent (P) = Phantasmal

Skills

Ancestral Protector and Warchief : (A) 40% inc Placement speed

Blade Flurry : (A) Final Flurry has 20% inc AoE

Blood Rage : (A) 2% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy

Flesh & Stone : (A) 10% inc Evasion Rating and Armour

Frost Shield : (D) 10% of Damage dealt to you or Allies in Area with Hits by Enemies in Area is taken from Frost Shield's Life before your Life or Energy Shield

Ice Golem : (A) 20% inc effect

Phase Run : (D) 10% chance not to replace the Buff when you use a Skill

Poacher's Mark : Cursed Enemies have a 5% chance to grant a Frenzy Charge when Hit

Precision : (A) 10% reduced Mana Reserved

Punishment or Vulnerability : (D) 20% inc AoE

Withering Step : (D) 20% chance not to remove Buff on Skill use

Any Warcry : (A) 40% inc Warcry Speed

Supports

Cast When Damage Taken : (D) 20% more Damage required to Trigger. You can actually choose the exact quality you want to better manage the triggering of the skill.

Nightblade : (A) 20% inc Effect of Elusive from Supported Skills = +3% dodge.

Vile Toxins : (A) Supported Skills have 10% increased Poison Duration. Useful to better stack them.

See you at the vault, Exiles !

Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 4, 2020, 6:58:19 AM
Wish I could sticky this post for myself, is there any way?
Everything
"
sweeper240 wrote:
Wish I could sticky this post for myself, is there any way?

I don't know. Probably just copy the URL of this thread to your browser and add it as an icon next to your other saved sites.

I've finished levelling in Heist league, while testing new stuffs from 3.12 and here are the results :

- The Anomalous Blade Flurry gives 20% inc AoE on the Final Flurry (= on release). Good to clear from a distance.

- The Anomalous alt qual for the Ancestral Protector give 40% inc placement speed, on top of the usual 50%. If you add Multiple Totems support, you gain another 20% inc, for a total of 110% inc placement speed. I can definitely recommand it, to always get the massive bonuses from the Protector and the Warchief.

- I have also tested the new Frost Shield. It burns your Energy Shield to give you a frost barrier that gain stage and absorb a part of your hits before you. Quite useful IMO since we need to stand still while channeling, but I'll need some improvements to make the best of it.

Finally, I have tested the new Hidden Blade unique dagger, as it feels so Assassin :

Unseen Strike throws shurikens when you're phasing.
I've used it with Greater Proj support to throw the shurikens in a circle, and Vulnerability (or Despair) on hit. Quite useful, though I'm not sure it's viable in endgame for us (would be better suited for a pure poison projectile build).

I've made a video where I demonstrate all these new features in the Kitava act 10 fight. And before a new dawn may arise, we have to take a...

#2 : Journey to the End of the Night

Level 63. Unique items : Tabula Rasa, Goldrim helmet, Heup of All ring, Widowmaker and Hidden Blade daggers.

Gl & hf :)

Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 8, 2020, 7:32:40 AM
Hi Exiles,

here is my equipment in Heist, some suggestions and what I'm planning to improve.

PoB : https://pastebin.com/VYYUBR2A /!\ there are currently issues with the links due to Pastebin.
Here is a Poe planner : www.poeurl.com/c4ce

* The daggers are a new "experimental" base type from Heist. The implicit is not yet calculated in PoB. Not sure it's better for us than the usual "30% inc crit chance" from the classic bases, since we don't deal much dmg with poison.
Dagger 1 has 409 DPS and cost me 3ex, the other is 374 DPS and was worth 1ex.
Before these rare daggers, I had a Taproot and the new Hidden Blade, which I've talked about in my previous msg. Very good for a budget version, up to yellow maps.

* The most expensive item is the body armour, with its frenzy charges on hit + life and DEX : 5ex

* Since the body has no elem res, I can't use the Ryslatha's belt at the moment. Rest of the stuff is pretty cheap. I still lack some chaos res. Note the mana leech on the Coral ring.

* On the amulet, the Panopticon anointment (opalescent-verdant-indigo) gives 50% inc effect of Ancestral totem buffs. With both the Protector and the Warchief up, that's 62% more melee damage !

* The "40% inc BF dmg" on the Starkonja would give only 6% more DPS, so not a priority right now.

* For the flasks, nothing unusual. An anti-curse Diamond flask. I should get anti-shock or movement speed on the Sulphur flask. The classic Sin's Rebirth would be better than a Sulphur, but the life regen from Consecrated ground is useful.

* I have briefly tested the reworked Broken Faith shield.

You get Unholy Might when you have no ES, so you use Blood Rage to burn it.
Profane Ground is slightly better for dmg than Consecrated Ground, which you create with the Sulphur flask, but you lose the regen.

This shield is now the best one for DPS, but I still prefer the Unshattered Will, which is more balanced, with life, elem res and anti-stun/anti-ailment from the Harbinger buff.

* The new Frost Shield is a good layer of defense : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frost_Shield

It drains your ES to gain life. But currently, I have almost no ES. So I'll get a Glorious Vanity jewel of Doryani, to get the Corrupted Soul keystone : gain 20% of life as extra ES.
With 4800 life, I'll gain 960 ES, which is enough to sustain the drain from Frost Shield level 90 : 730 ES over 1 second, and I'll gain up to 3640 points of frost shield !
I may use the Divergent version (alt qual #2) so that it takes another 10% of hits from enemies inside the area.

Good luck and have fun, Exiles ;)
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 12, 2020, 12:03:09 PM

is it ok for multimod?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info