[3.23] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Preparing 3.24. Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Invisibility is one of the coolest features that fit this build. I've used it in 3.8 and I was kinda missing it. Also, I wanted to test it in more dangerous situations than in Blight; so I decided to go and troll not only some mobs, but also iconic bosses like the Chimera or the Shaper.

But I didn't want to end this video with a fight I've shown several times, I wanted something fresh.
So I went to a T19 Dig to face the mistress of Phase Run, aka Garukhan aka The Stalker of the Endless Dunes, on her own grounds !

I dare you, Garukhan...

#11 : Catch Me If You Can

Hope you like it :)

Next time : the Nightblade reveals the story of his exile, and prepares for the heist !
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Well, it was high time I used Invisibility again, as it's getting nerfed in 3.12 !
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2935368

"
Reduced Visibility and Stealth
Sources of Reduced Visibility have now been changed to Stealth. Previously reaching 100% reduced visibility would make you unable to be detected by any enemy, while now 100% Stealth will halve the range that monsters detect you at, while 200% stealth will reduce it to one third of their standard range. Values of Stealth have been adjusted to compensate for this.

I guess it would have broken the mechanics of Heist.
Despite this, Cat's Stealth will remain powerful, thx to "15% chance to Avoid All Damage from Hits" which is really powerful on top of dodge.

Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 15, 2020, 7:10:56 AM
A choice of Alternate Quality gems for 3.12

Here are the ones that are IMO better than the default version :

Skills

Ancestral Protector and Warchief : 40% increased Totem Placement speed

Blade Flurry : Final Flurry has 20% increased Area of Effect. Channel from a distance and... BOOM !

Blood Rage : Buff grants 2% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy

Flesh & Stone : Buff grants 10% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

Ice Golem : 20% increased Buff Effect

Phase Run : 10% chance not to replace the Buff when you use a Skill

Precision : 10% reduced Mana Reserved

Vulnerability : 10% increased Effect of Curse

War Banner : 60% less Skill Effect Duration / You and nearby allies gain 10% increased Accuracy Rating

Withering Step : 20% chance not to remove Buff on Skill use

Any Warcry : 40% increased Warcry Speed

Supports

Cast When Damage Taken : 20% more Damage required to Trigger. You can actually choose the exact quality you want to better manage the triggering of the skill.

Chance to Flee Support : Supported Skills have 10% reduced Cast Speed.
(ok just kidding)

Fortify : Hits from Supported Skills Overwhelm 5% of Physical Damage Reduction while you have Fortify. Gotta check the numbers in PoB, though, but it may be better than the default 10% inc atk dmg.

Melee Physical Damage : Supported Skills Overwhelm 5% Physical Damage Reduction. Same here, gotta check the numbers.

Nightblade : 20% increased Effect of Elusive from Supported Skills = +3% dodge.

Vile Toxins : Supported Skills have 10% increased Poison Duration. Useful to better stack them.
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 17, 2020, 8:58:56 AM
Hi Exiles,

here is my last video for 3.11, where I'm telling the true story behind the exile of the Shadow and at the same time, as a prequel to 3.12, I'm showing how the Nightblade is preparing for the Grand Heist.

Not only that, but also I'm testing Double Strike, and for the last time, I'm using full invisibility to troll a Rogue exile. Gotta Whirling-Blade faster, Ion Darkshroud, if you want to catch...

#12 : The Shadow

Hope you like it !

For 3.12, my plans is to test Crackling Lance with my Lightning Tendrils Trickster. Also, I want to reach Delve 700 with the Unholy Four.

In league, I will test the new Iron Mass unique sword, which opens the way for a hybrid melee/skeletons build, so I'll probably start with a Necromancer.

Gl & hf, Exiles :)
Hey bud,

I remember when you made this build way back I was following it! Thanks for keeping it going.

I'm strictly a SSF player, is there anything you'd do different for this build in SSF? Did you enjoy your time in SSF during harvest?
"
nicblue wrote:
Hey bud,

I remember when you made this build way back I was following it! Thanks for keeping it going.

I'm strictly a SSF player, is there anything you'd do different for this build in SSF? Did you enjoy your time in SSF during harvest?

Hey thx !
Well yes, the Nightblade is not a rookie anymore. More like a seasoned veteran that has known quite a number of battlefields now, from Uber Elder to Delve 600, from Blighted maps to Simulacrum ;) Still trying to improve the build with all the new stuff coming each league.
This build has had some modicum of success, but tbh, I fear people may get bored now : "oh yeah, still ANOTHER Nightblade video, great..."

I'd like to come up with another smooth and killer build like this one, but I doubt it. Or at least, find a way to greatly improve this one. Who knows, this game never ceases to surprise us.

As for SSF, you can check the PoB for my char in Harvest SSF, in the first msg. I've gone dual-claw but this was just for a change, otherwise I haven't changed anything.
Basically, I reached level 90 and tier 11 with cheap equipment.
You got quite good chances to drop a Starkonja. Same for a Bino. I got a Belt of the Deceiver, and even several of them.

Ofc, it would be longer to get the Shaper's gloves, and quite difficult to get the Ryslatha belt.

Did I enjoy SSF ? Very much during the acts. Afterward, it was ok, but I didn't want to push further than tier 11 maps. Mostly because in Harvest league, there was nothing new as it comes to monsters, it was purely crafting. Just grinding the Atlas wasn't appealing to me.
Probably, I'd have more willingness to push further if I went to SSF in Heist, as I enjoy the league very much so far.
But I could feel this special experience you get in SSF, when you are truly on your own. After that, trading feels like cheating !
I don't want to play HC (this game is punishing enough in SC !), but SSF, yes I may try again one day.
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 19, 2020, 6:07:03 PM
I wanted to grind to level 96 in Standard, but I was still hesitating. When I reached 20% XP, Zana opened me a T16 Untainted Paradise. So I thought :
- She's sending a message right here :D

From then on, I didn't die once ! It was an intense and fun adventure. At this point, a rare T16 gives 1% XP. I mainly ran Zana missions to double that ; also some Syndicate, because interrogating the members give some XP, and the hideout raids give 50% increased.
Done a Beachhead also, some T16 Blighted maps with inc pack size, and lot more.

To begin 3.12, I've made a video with the best moments. I'm using again Double Strike. And as I didn't die once, you could say that I had to pay...

#1 : No Death No Taxes

Hope you like it !

I always do 4 or 5 versions of a video before publishing it, improving minor details to the last moment. But I've had trouble with my editing software since its last update, so I couldn't encode the last version of this episode. Actually, the only differences are the colors of the titles, so not much trouble I guess ;)

I was asked on Youtube to test Flicker Strike, so I'll show that in a next video. On this subject, you can check Roguemjb's excellent Double/Flicker Strike build.

Finally, I want to test the new skills of 3.12 with my other characters.
So I'll make a video with my Pestilent/Viper Strike Occultist using Void Sphere, the Lightning Tendrils Trickster using Crackling Lance etc. With the Nightblade, I'll test self-cast Punishment curse.

Gl & hf, Exiles :)
Hi, thanks for the great guide.

I just want to ask you, why the SSF variant uses claws instead of daggers?

Tymv

"
RedHoodOmega wrote:
Hi, thanks for the great guide.

I just want to ask you, why the SSF variant uses claws instead of daggers?

Tymv

Hey, thx !

In SSF, I knew I wouldn't get all the unique items like Shaper's gloves that give lot of life. So I wanted more defences to compensate, hence the claws.
Hi! Since the last update, my Herald of Ice+Curse On Hit+Poacher's Mark setup doesn't work anymore, what do you think it's the best Hex to replace it? I can't self cast them, I use too many skills everytime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info