Betrayal League [3.5] Melee is still alive! [Juggernaut Disfavour Sunder build]

Hello and welcome to my first guide ever! I hope it can help you throughout your Path of Exile melee journey! =]

I'm going to try to be as short and simple as possible, following this guide will help you reach the endgame. This build is tanky, strong and reliable, it can do any content up to Shaper and Shaper himself if you invest into your gear.

Pros:
-Decent bosser.
-Good sustain, leech/regen.
-Tanky.
-Amazing lab farmer on a budget.
-Good Guardian farmer.

Cons:
-It's going to feel slow until you can muster up good gear/jewels.
-Lack of dem damages.
-Physical reflect.
-No Leech/Mana.

Auras:
This build is running "3" auras, I've said "3" because one is temporary-ish for bossing and whatnot.
-Herald of Ash
-Hatred
-War Banner (Don't underestimate this, it's extremely useful when bossing)

Leveling guide:
Spoiler
This is probably the easiest character to level, grab Sunder once you're able to do so and just stick with it until the end.
Good leveling weapons until you can get your hands on Disfavour(which is amazing):
-Kaom's Primacy (awesome DPS and it's cheap, it will carry you up until red maps even) before that you can use any 2h or even 1h dual wield axes with decent Phys damage/Attack speed

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill all for 2 extra passive points.
Optional: Help Oak because being extra THICC never hurts.

Passive Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHcBLMFLQbGB3UJlgm7C2EOPBLhE0wUIBRNFHEWuxfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcvKaUt0jB3NZI5DjpSOuE8LT38QKBEnkd-SdVN404yUEdTu1hjWfNZ_l2kXhNfP2RSZU1nm2hlaPJvJ287cql07XTxdqx343gNeWh673zZggeDX4TZhO-GYIdqidiMz49gkFWQbJHOktCXeZpqnz6iAKZXqSepbqmUrKqtja4-r2y18rvtvJ-9Nr6nwAHAGsBmwKbBBMGjxPbGrsbYyx7PftI42L3ZfNrB3D3d1eJh5FHqGOsJ7w7wH_JB8kXzb_Pd9kj3Mve5-Ov8S_4K_o8=?accountName=luci713&characterName=ManyThicc

Ascendancy:
Unflinching > Unbreakable > Unstoppable > Unrelenting

Gem Setup, gems are in sequence order:
Disfavour: Sunder on a 6l > Sunder + Conc + Melee Phys + Multistrike + Fortify + Maim
Body Armour: Ancestral Warchief (use Vaal AW for massive DPS boost, because it offers regular AW and additional 2 Vaal AW which are more powerful): Warchief + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + Conc + Bloodlust + Maim
Helmet/Boots/Gloves: 4L: Leap + Faster Attacks + Herald of Ash + War Banner
Helmet/Boots/Gloves: 2L: Blood Rage + Increased Duration / Separated Hatred + Portal
Helmet/Boots/Gloves: Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) + Enfeeble (level 5) + Molten Shell (level 10) + Immortal Call (level 3)

Pantheon:
It's pretty much entirely up to you and situational, the more damage mitigation the better.

Gear:
Spoiler
You'd want to use Hybrid armour set, because we have Iron Reflexes, that means we get a lot more armor for defense, I have around 17k atm, 30k flask buffed.

JEWELS (HIGHLY IMPORTANT!)

Jewels are going to be a MASSIVE dps boost for this build, so do not forget about them!
What you want to look for in Crimson Jewels:
-Attack speed (in general, can be with 2h, can be with axes, main thing is we want attack speed)
-Physical Damage (again, in general, can be 2h, can be with axes, can be flat)
-Life (optional, life crimson jewels with damage rolls can be a bit expensive)
-Fire Damage with attacks (again, it helps)

Content:
This build can do almost anything, for its price, it's pretty darn reliable:

-Mastermind easy fight, because you have high sustain to survive all the flashy explosions.
-Shaper's Guardians - You're going to be struggling with Phoenix maybe because we don't have a lot of Elemental reduction but the rest should be a piece of cake.
-Shaper - This one is going to be more challenging but doable with good gear on you.
-Elder and his guardians Yellow/Red Tier - All easy except that Lightning guardian on red tier maps, again same reason, elemental reduction is fairly low.

That's it guys, sorry if I missed out on something and I hope this helped you in some way. Again my first guide so there will be a mistake here or there.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Still sane, Exile?
[b][u]Exile[/u][/b]: Ye.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Hold my Flask.
Last edited by Rivi666 on Dec 24, 2018, 12:07:52 PM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2019, 9:40:22 AM
Hey ive been following this guide a lot what are the leveling passive skills
Very simple and easy guide. Thanks a lot really helpful for a beginner with how straightforward it is.
"
Bozzey wrote:
Hey ive been following this guide a lot what are the leveling passive skills

Passive tree link is in the guide. You are free to experiment with it as you level, pick whatever you need at that point of leveling, need dps? Go for attack speed/damage, lack hp ? Take hp nodes, simple. But as every guide, it's always best to grab main key stones first, IE Iron Reflexes.

"
BOT_Cat wrote:
Very simple and easy guide. Thanks a lot really helpful for a beginner with how straightforward it is.

You're welcome ! ^^
Last edited by Rivi666 on Jan 8, 2019, 3:41:08 PM
Running this in HC at the moment, haven't really done high tier maps or bosses but thus far seems pretty good for a started build
"
Semuy wrote:
Running this in HC at the moment, haven't really done high tier maps or bosses but thus far seems pretty good for a started build

I don't exactly recommend running this build on Hardcore, yes it is tanky, sustainable but, after all it is a 2 handed melee build, which means when you get to I don't know say t13+ content it's kinda risky to play it on HC without good gear on you. It's just better overall to play Molten Strike with shield on HC.

Since you have to get up close and personal and you don't have sustain Molten Strike has (due to all projectiles leeching and that jazz).

But non the less, I wish you luck exile!
Last edited by Rivi666 on Feb 13, 2019, 9:40:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info