[3.5 HC SSF] √ Tank Fireballer

Ok, after killing Kitava, I can show you my new HC and SSF build.

This build is very defensive, considering high Regen, Armour, MoM, Endurance Charges. It's thought for leveling, not for the higher maps, like Tier 16+.

Fireball and Aoe Spells with Fire Proliferations, clean tons of trash mobs, not much good for high resistance mobs and bosses, so I use Flame Surge as support.

Skipping atm all the league contents, like Betrayal, Delve, etc, because I would to test them in SC before.

Follows my current build at level 72.

EQUIPMENT

Current items at level 72, with very lack of currency (no fusings, chroms etc).

ITEMS IN DETAIL

As weapons, I would to suggest in general 2 sceptres with high Elemental/fire Damage. In not SSF league you can buy a Doryiani Sceptre for example.

As secondary, Burning, Damage over time, Spell Damage (doesn't increase the burning damage).

Consider a shield if you find a very good one, or daggers / wands too.

Body Armour with high Armour, that can be hard to color with 5 off, so you can look for a Armour / Energy body Armour for use Fireball 6L.

For the rest, Life, Mana, Armour, Res, Mana Regen.

GEMS

Fireball - Volley (or Lesser) - Combustion - Ignite Proliferation - Deadly Ailments (as 5th) - Burning Damage (as 6th)

Flame Surge - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus - Spell Echo

Molten Shell - Arcane Surge (at right level) - Increased Duration - Controlled Destruction (as 4th optional)

CWDT (low level) - Warlord's Mark (at right level) - second curse (optional, if you have 2 curses) - Increased Area

Stone Golem - Minion Res - Minion Life (optional) - CWDT (optional)

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - 3rd gem (optional)

Clarity

Vaal Fireball is very nice for leveling, but I think a level 21 Fireball is better, you don't need quality for Fireball gem.

TREE, ASCENDENCY AND BANDITS

On the left my current build at level 72 (approx.), on the right a possible build at level 90 with double curses:

Also consider Elemental Overload.
Heart of Flame instead of Celestial nodes
Bandits: 2 Skill Points or Alira, if you don't use Elemental Overload.

Ascendency:
Unstoppable, Unbreakable, Unflinching, Unrelenting (or Unyelding optional)

STATS

At level 72, atm my stats are 4400 HP, 1880 MP
5 endurances (taking the 6th), ton of regen.

working...

LEVELING

For leveling, you can start with any skill gems (I started with Ground Slam and 2 axes), then you can see on the Path of Exile Wiki, where you find all the gems.

At start look for Fireball, Volley, Elemental Proliferation (I think it's act 3 Siosa reward, but not sure), if you want to use Fireball as soon as possible.

At Act 6, you have all the gems you need.

CONSIDERATIONS

working... stay tuned.

Nice comments and suggestions are welcome.

SeaBallerSix
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Dec 23, 2018, 9:15:02 AM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2019, 10:48:59 AM
My current Tree at level 83:

doing tier 4-6 maps.

My current equipment, working on 5L+ Chest.

Last edited by RoyalStar on Dec 28, 2018, 4:45:33 AM
Loving using fireball again. Only level 36, so not in any position to comment on its effectiveness in any meaningful way, but I'll let you know.

Just a little suggestion - include links to the skill tree, and maybe even a Path of Building pastebin dump :)
IGN: DeadLoss
Thank you, I enjoying this build, also with cheap items and 4L, it's pretty much satisfying atm.

I trying to link a body armour and searching the last trial for ascendency points.

You can find my tree (updated items and jewellers) on my profile, that is public atm:

I'll do some updates, pretty soon.

See You and GL
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jan 1, 2019, 10:51:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info