New Defensive Options

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
What would be the general difference to the actual situation? I can see not how it matters on which side your life gets extended...

I agree. The name itself, "Energy Shield" implies that your Life Points are being shielded. Once your "shields are down" your "main hull is taking damage". (Sorry for the Star Trek references. :P )

Energy Shield reminds me of Diablo and Diablo II's Mana Shield. Where x = Life or Hit Points and y = Mana. Having Mana Shield active essentially gives you (x + y) Hit Points. If you take enough hits where you run out of Mana and the Shield goes down, you begin taking hits to your Life Points. It's a similar situation with Energy Shield.

"
Mr_Cee wrote:

And, I can rarely imagine that it would be possible to handle to have life=0 without the game assuming you're dead.

Good point.

p
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
"
Perusoe wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
What would be the general difference to the actual situation? I can see not how it matters on which side your life gets extended...

I agree. The name itself, "Energy Shield" implies that your Life Points are being shielded. Once your "shields are down" your "main hull is taking damage". (Sorry for the Star Trek references. :P )

Energy Shield reminds me of Diablo and Diablo II's Mana Shield. Where x = Life or Hit Points and y = Mana. Having Mana Shield active essentially gives you (x + y) Hit Points. If you take enough hits where you run out of Mana and the Shield goes down, you begin taking hits to your Life Points. It's a similar situation with Energy Shield.

"
Mr_Cee wrote:

And, I can rarely imagine that it would be possible to handle to have life=0 without the game assuming you're dead.

Good point.

p

It does not need to be life 0, life to 1 would be enough.

Honestly , I would love to have a keystone to switch my energy shield with my health resulting in damage transferred to energy shield while health is at 1, the character dying when the shield is depleted and health is at 1... and the characters shield recharging when he pops a potion and restores his "meat shield".
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Last edited by MegaDeth666 on Mar 21, 2012, 9:50:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info