New Defensive Options

There any reason that there was no additional defenses added for Energy Shield? I see life and even dodging all over the place but no new ES passives...
"
sanddemon wrote:
There any reason that there was no additional defenses added for Energy Shield? I see life and even dodging all over the place but no new ES passives...

Even worse, armour rating and evasion got buffed, but energy shield got nothing. I guess pure energy shield armour will be useless for a while.
ES on armors got bumped, alot, making all those current ES passives that much more effective.
"
indczn wrote:
ES on armors got bumped, alot, making all those current ES passives that much more effective.

All armor and evasion got scaled. I don't see ES items with 4k armor though ;)

Needless to say though, they need some added % passives like how everyone else got +life and dodge.
We will be adding more defensive options to the Int area of the tree.

I am looking at Energy Shield to see how high we can safely push them up.

"
Qarl wrote:

Would you consider some other mitigation method ? Such as better evasion/dodge/block or armor for witch ? Right now energy shield is just like extended life pool, the more we stack it the less effective it become. A mix of HP and mitigation yield far more effective hp.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
I think it would be cool if there were some skills that 'consumed' your energy shield. They could be either offensive or defensive skills. For example, one skill could eat up your energy shield for X seconds and, in return, give you boosted elemental resistance based on the amount of shield that was consumed.
"
Progammer wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Would you consider some other mitigation method ? Such as better evasion/dodge/block or armor for witch ? Right now energy shield is just like extended life pool, the more we stack it the less effective it become. A mix of HP and mitigation yield far more effective hp.

Not to mention in ongoing fights people who are not primarily es lose it during the first portion of the fight and never get it back. As it stands for my Templar (who is avoid dex for my build) I only want to use pure str armour because I feel like I get much more use out of it, especially since my build is built around being able to take damage.

-edit-
A cool idea just poped into my head, what if a keystone let you effectively move your ES behind your health. As in, damage taken reduces your health first. Once health reaches 0 it then takes away energy shield. Once you hit 0 Energy Shield, you die. Would turn Energy Shield into a safety net.
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 21, 2012, 12:53:11 AM
Hm, sounds strange...

What would be the general difference to the actual situation? I can see not how it matters on which side your life gets extended...

And, I can rarely imagine that it would be possible to handle to have life=0 without the game assuming you're dead.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Mar 21, 2012, 4:45:04 AM
PoE is going to run into the same problems with mitigation that other games have run into. Simply put, that you cannot make a threatening situation for a melee character with high mitigation without totally obliterating a character with low mitigation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info