Duellist obsolete after patch

Seriously, like the duellist wasn't weak enough before this patch, now he is completely unplayable - i cant even get to mud flats on merciless without dying to 1-hit mobs. I'm level 51 with sufficient gear..

I love the game being more challenging, but ffs, make sure that ALL classes can at least be playable.

Perhaps re-name this game witchcraft?

/distraught duellist
Last edited by alebakke on Mar 19, 2012, 2:44:03 PM
what is your armour/Defensive stats & their respective 'estimated' reduction/Evasion?
"
Bretout wrote:
what is your armour/Defensive stats & their respective 'estimated' reduction/Evasion?

These are far more important now. They upped the difficulty of higher difficulties. If you neglected to put points into defensives, you will be punished much more then before. Also, the Duelist is weak how? He gets both health and evasion easily, and also has easy access to plenty of general damage nodes. Even weapon specialization seems to be fairly easy to do compared to others.
Last edited by Draconic74 on Mar 19, 2012, 3:10:56 PM
post your build or thread is useless.
~SotW HC Guild~

You may think your build is oh-so-great but in reality it is probably subpar, post it.
Right, my new mission, prove this wrong XD
GpaS was here 2011/2012 <3
Old gear are now obsolete in term of defensive purpose, try to get some new one with new mods (around lvl50 should still be better than your 60 now) and try again.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
It's more like: Every character appears obsolete because harder areas kick your arse now.
Maybe better gear will help a little, but I'd say that there's definitely a problem with duelists right now.

I have a duelist and a witch, both around lvl 70 with similar gear. Since the patch, my witch has been blasting through chaos clearing several maps without coming close to dying even once. My duelist couldn't kill 10 mobs without dying, I tried multiple times before finally giving up. I was getting one shot through my granite flask buff (with 90% increased armor mod). Keep in mind that my witch didn't take any defensive talents at all, and my duelist took every defensive talent I could reasonably take.

Do people truly believe that there is nothing wrong with this?
Why dont you post your build.

Mind that "classes" are different only in their starting positions in passive tree.

What people call duelists ist probably just their idea of how its suposed to be build which in most cases is probably fully dex/ critical dual wielder.
than they take those 4-5 defensive skills that are in the path they were building anyways, and they call it a defensive build.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Mar 19, 2012, 11:00:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info