[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

Hey man, great build had so much fun!!
this is my first uber elder kill ever!!
https://streamable.com/sgs96
enjoy.
Congratulations! I'm glad the build worked so well for you. I'm planning to record more clips of the build against endgame bosses when I'm able to play again (soon tm), hopefully I can preform as well against uber as you were able to.

There are quite a few alterations to the build that I'm itching to try, so look forward to some progress updates before too long.
IGN: LepreTuggler
tyvm!!!
and keep the great builds going!!
Hey guys, I've made a few changes and updated the guide with new videos, an updated snapshot of my current gear, and a bit of extra information on utility skills setups. The guide is still a work in progress and I'm experimenting with a few different setups still.

In other news, I decided to stop throwing myself at extremely dangerous encounters for a while in order to hit level 95. I still want to get to level 97 or 98 before I would consider the build complete, but that will be a long-term goal. I also killed Uber Atziri and Shaper this weekend, I didn't record clips of either as I had people with me both times.

I died twice on the Uber Atziri run, both times were from the trio encounter (I thought I had killed A'alai first but it turns out that my projectiles pierced her and killed whoever was standing behind her, she killed me twice to off-screen oneshots after becoming enraged). Atziri herself was a cakewalk and she was phased every time before she could attack me.

Shaper was completely deathless and actually hilariously quick.
Hey guys, quick update. I killed Uber Elder last night on the miner, I died a few times because I'm bad and still unfamiliar with the fight. I bricked my first set and made it up to the second portal phase deathless once I got more comfortable with dodging the second time around. This was only my 3rd ever attempt at the fight, so I'm still pretty happy to complete it. It was much smoother than learning the Atziri fight back in the days of old, I lost count of how many of those sets I bricked.

Anyway, its entirely possible to do Uber Elder on this build, as already showcased by ZBDH. I'll continue to spawn Uber Elder throughout the league to familiarize myself with the fight and hopefully record a deathless run. I'm also collecting donations of frigid fossils for a crafting project related to the build if any of you are feeling especially generous :D.

I'm still making changes to the build so stay tuned, I'd like to find some way to get frost bomb back and reduce the micro-management of different utility skills but the answer is eluding me currently.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jan 15, 2019, 7:27:42 AM
Hey guys, back again with another quick update. Last night I managed to fossil craft an upgrade for my helmet, I've been buying up fossils for the last few days in preparation for this and still have a lot left over so I might try again on another base to see if I can improve it further.

The goal was to hit Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance in combination with Place an additional Mine. As an added bonus I was really hoping to get the flat cold damage to spells prefix, but that was always going to be a long shot.

The -9% Cold Resistance mod amounts to about 7% more damage against endgame bosses with my current gear. In combination with all other sources of penetration, you can achieve somewhere around 70% elemental penetration without using Frostbite or Elemental Weakness, both of which don't amount to much with the current implementation of less curse effectiveness against bosses.

I'd like to fit Frost Bomb back in the build as well for another effective 20% penetration, but I'm not sure about the best way to do it without adding even more micro management of utility skills. I may try getting my hands on an item with the veiled mod which triggers socketed spells when you focus in order to cast all of my utility skills at once, but I'm still not sure exactly how that mod works.

Either way, my next step will be to run labs until I can finally get either 2% regeneration or 10% elemental penetration enchantment on my boots.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jan 16, 2019, 9:43:37 AM
its so hard to get weapon color 3 green & 3 blue.
Yeah for sure, there are a few different methods to get it though, I was actually considering adding a small section to the original post because I figured it might be an issue.

I was fairly lucky and got mine within about 400-600 chromes using the bench craft that guarantees 1 green socket, according to the very handy Vorici Chromatic Calculator, this is the cheapest way to get it.

Another option would be using the jeweler method by first using the bench to force 3 green sockets and then rolling the remaining 3 until you have the colors you want, the downside of this method is that you have to link your own staff instead of buying one that is already linked.

In 3.5 you also have the ability to craft white sockets with Vorici in the research branch of the Syndicate, so you would roll your staff until you got a mix of green and blue (ideally at least 2 green sockets and 4 blue, but 1 green and 5 blue would probably also work) and then use Vorici's bench in the research safehouse to craft white sockets on the staff until you have 3 green/white sockets.

Two more, likely not very cost effective, methods also exist that I can think of off the top of my head. First, you could use beast crafting to guarantee the first 1-3 sockets on the staff are white. Secondly, you could use the tier 3 corruption altar in the incursion temple and pray that you end up with 6 white sockets.

Good luck!
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jan 18, 2019, 9:10:21 AM
"
LepreConMan wrote:
Hey guys, back again with another quick update. Last night I managed to fossil craft an upgrade for my helmet, I've been buying up fossils for the last few days in preparation for this and still have a lot left over so I might try again on another base to see if I can improve it further.

The goal was to hit Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance in combination with Place an additional Mine. As an added bonus I was really hoping to get the flat cold damage to spells prefix, but that was always going to be a long shot.

The -9% Cold Resistance mod amounts to about 7% more damage against endgame bosses with my current gear. In combination with all other sources of penetration, you can achieve somewhere around 70% elemental penetration without using Frostbite or Elemental Weakness, both of which don't amount to much with the current implementation of less curse effectiveness against bosses.

I'd like to fit Frost Bomb back in the build as well for another effective 20% penetration, but I'm not sure about the best way to do it without adding even more micro management of utility skills. I may try getting my hands on an item with the veiled mod which triggers socketed spells when you focus in order to cast all of my utility skills at once, but I'm still not sure exactly how that mod works.

Either way, my next step will be to run labs until I can finally get either 2% regeneration or 10% elemental penetration enchantment on my boots.

Which fossils you used to craft (if you don't mind me asking)?
I only used frigid fossils to craft it. I looked at using some other fossils as well, but both of the mods I wanted are suffixes and it is fairly rare to get the additional mine mod. If I had used any other fossils, it would have increased the pool of available suffixes and made it even harder to hit the additional mine mod.

Incidentally, I may have a bunch of frigid fossils for sale soon, unless I use them all up on my other helmet :D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info