[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

"
How would you approach SSF HC perma league with this build ?

Obviously you'll have to play very carefully, but I think it is certainly possible.

SSF really limits your gear options; using a shaper belt with the mana recovery rate modifier in place of the watcher's eye helps a lot with mana sustain and is fairly easy to obtain. Getting your hands on an atziri's foible and cloak of defiance could be a chore as well. Until you get the cloak of defiance, make sure your life to mana ratio is 70:30. If you can find one, a laviangas is a great option until you're able to sustain the cost of placing your mines, another would be the skills have no mana cost while focused craftable modifier.

As for HC, I would completely avoid no-regen zones and any zone with the monster's action speed cannot be modified below base value or monsters have a 90% chance to avoid ailments modifiers. If you stay away from those two mods and always leave elemental proliferation (without elemental focus) in your gem links, it will make things much safer.

The damage on this build is really great, so when you're bossing you can focus almost entirely on dodging the big hits and only detonate your mines when opportunity arises. If you focus less on DPS and more on dodging, you'll have a lot more success.
IGN: LepreTuggler
Last edited by LepreConMan on Apr 3, 2019, 8:30:10 AM
"
LepreConMan wrote:
"

Obviously you'll have to play very carefully, but I think it is certainly possible.

SSF really limits your gear options; using a shaper belt with the mana recovery rate modifier in place of the watcher's eye helps a lot with mana sustain and is fairly easy to obtain. Getting your hands on an atziri's foible and cloak of defiance could be a chore as well. Until you get the cloak of defiance, make sure your life to mana ratio is 70:30. If you can find one, a laviangas is a great option until you're able to sustain the cost of placing your mines, another would be the skills have no mana cost while focused craftable modifier.

As for HC, I would completely avoid no-regen zones and any zone with the monster's action speed cannot be modified below base value or monsters have a 90% chance to avoid ailments modifiers. If you stay away from those two mods and always leave elemental proliferation (without elemental focus) in your gem links, it will make things much safer.

The damage on this build is really great, so when you're bossing you can focus almost entirely on dodging the big hits and only detonate your mines when opportunity arises. If you focus less on DPS and more on dodging, you'll have a lot more success.

I did play Fire Nova Mine back in the full Fire->Chaos conversion and, besides screen cancer, it was great, but ... too easy. So I figured that if I play a Miner again, would be on the hard mode!
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
thanks for your build i change some parts and used the new body armour with arc for better map clean and ice spear for bossing.
I followed your build and finally managed to defeat Uber Elder after 3 years of playing this game. Thank you, sir! I will forever remember this character and how OP mines are :))
why range so low about trap throwing
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I've updated the tree for 3.7. It looks like this build survived relatively untouched, which is pretty awesome. I hope you all enjoy Legion League!
"

I would go fireball for clearing endgame. You can use icespear for single target.

https://pastebin.com/gK1XNhe2

Hi, guys!
1. Can anyone say what the difference in gameplay between Ice spear miner and Frostbolt miner?
2. Ice spear excellent on bossing, but for mapping Frostbolt better? Hm, I've checked dps right now, and in trash gear frostbolt better. And no complicacy with first form/second form and neednt't pierce (gloves with pierce, or Piercing shot on tree).
3. What about Glacial cascade? Is it good choice?
If all you're looking at is tooltip DPS, you won't get a good picture of what the real DPS of Ice Spear is. Because the skill hits multiple times, like Barrage, Ice Spear does much more damage than the tooltip suggests.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jun 13, 2019, 2:42:19 PM
Just curious, but the Path of building recommends both Cloak of defiance and getting the Mind over matter keystone. Do keystones stack?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info