[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

Very glad the build has made you happy. The biggest benefit to gluttony is that it allows us to hit ourselves with movement skills and keep endurance charges up. That remains unchanged. Even losing the extra LGOH from more poacher's marks, there is still plenty from TT and the LGOH gem for almost all purposes. The lack of extra poachers marks in annoying, but shouldn't be a disaster. That said, test and let us know :>

Luck,
-O
Corrupting Fever.

This is what I am hyped about today.

I understand this means we would no longer a pure Hoag build, but CF looks potentially like it will be a strict single target dps buff and a serious increase in clear speed once we have volley fire equipped. Using it will change almost nothing about the playstyle, since we will quickly generate 10 stacks while we are generating virulence. Experimentation is, of course required.

I am looking at Corrupting fever>Brutality>Swift affliction>Efficacy. I am also considering trying this out as the base of a new build with Hoag as the supplemental damage, and may league start that way to begin testing. (Inc duration and empower would be the last two links in that event)

Do let us know if any of you try the experiment.

Good luck in the new league!

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Corrupting Fever.

This is what I am hyped about today.

I understand this means we would no longer a pure Hoag build, but CF looks potentially like it will be a strict single target dps buff and a serious increase in clear speed once we have volley fire equipped. Using it will change almost nothing about the playstyle, since we will quickly generate 10 stacks while we are generating virulence. Experimentation is, of course required.

I am looking at Corrupting fever>Brutality>Swift affliction>Efficacy. I am also considering trying this out as the base of a new build with Hoag as the supplemental damage, and may league start that way to begin testing. (Inc duration and empower would be the last two links in that event)

Do let us know if any of you try the experiment.

Good luck in the new league!

-O

Do you plan on reworking the tree/cluster setup substaintially? Does Corrupting Fever seem to scale hard enough without Phys Dot or Dot Multi scaling on gear/tree? I don't know enough to check that myself.
It will probably take me a while to test the new idea and incorporate it if it works. Preliminary info suggests that corrupting fever scales pretty well with gem level. It might synergize best with the cold iron point version of the build, which would scale both Hoag and Corrupting fever. We'll see. I'm definitely not going to leaguestart this, but I plan to try it out once I have the currency/items to equip it right.

-O
On the down side, trying to add corrupting fever into the build was a bust. Really doesn't add enough unless you focus on scaling it, which would neglect the crawler, so that idea was short lived.

However, I am delighted with the current variant of the build I ended up running. Feels tailor made to handle the league mechanic. The current experiment is a QR Hoag Champion. (Yes, I know it's not a Jugg and technically doesn't belong here--I figured anyone still following this thread might have interest) Full write up may or may not be presented at some point, but for any who would find it entertaining, I provide a link to the POB below, and I will probably be checking in on and off this week to respond to any questions.

https://pastebin.com/4vxaH2zC

Hope your league start is going as well as mine!!

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
On the down side, trying to add corrupting fever into the build was a bust. Really doesn't add enough unless you focus on scaling it, which would neglect the crawler, so that idea was short lived.

However, I am delighted with the current variant of the build I ended up running. Feels tailor made to handle the league mechanic. The current experiment is a QR Hoag Champion. (Yes, I know it's not a Jugg and technically doesn't belong here--I figured anyone still following this thread might have interest) Full write up may or may not be presented at some point, but for any who would find it entertaining, I provide a link to the POB below, and I will probably be checking in on and off this week to respond to any questions.

https://pastebin.com/4vxaH2zC

Hope your league start is going as well as mine!!

-O

I am definetly interested! I started a Jugg HoAg (never used the skill before) and I'm a little lost at how to level this league. Curious how champ goes!
Champ build is going brilliantly. Currently level 94, blows through T16s, and loves the new mechanic, including the stone circles that everyone complains about. May do a full write up later. For now, my profile is open and I'll swing by periodically to answer questions. Character name is O_Corrupting_Agony_O.

To quickly explain why Champ: In the current version of the game, with all of the available increased effectiveness of Fort, I feel that Champ's fort, overall, has become superior to Jugg's endurance charges as a defensive mechanic. Champ also gets stun avoidance. after the second ascendancy, and even gets a 20% more damage modifier after the 4th ascendancy. Champ's location on the tree also makes it completely realistic to get slot four pure agony jewels, which provides a nearly 30% damage boost over the Jugg's three. Relying on fort lets us skip using the gluttony belt, which became a little more unwieldy a few patches back. The structure of the build and play-style are otherwise very similar, though I have added in self-casting punishment rather than using a curse on hit--punishment has been reworked to be quite strong on both offense and defense. Downside that must be compensated for are lack of general slow immunity and less regen when not actively fighting. These feel like reasonable trade-offs. At the top end, I spect Jugg will have an easier time specifically with the uber-elder fight, but it should also be doable by this build with solid piloting.

All in all, I feel like the version of the build I am playing currently is the strongest yet, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed this build in the past.

Best,
-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Apr 21, 2021, 3:37:21 PM

-O[/quote]

I am definetly interested! I started a Jugg HoAg (never used the skill before) and I'm a little lost at how to level this league. Curious how champ goes![/quote]

I do my leveling with smite or frostblades until I can afford a quill rain and slot the gems I need, then switch over. If you have more specific leveling questions, post and I will try to answer.

Best,
-O
I give it a try in Ultimatum league with some modifications!
I stream at: twitch.tv/exobelly
@Orion72

I'm interested in learning more about your Champion version. Could you post a quick list of what your end game skill link set up would be and what uniques you intend to use?

I looked at your character and noticed that you are not using a Calamitous Visions. Is it still worth using?

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info