[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
intothefiord wrote:
Respec another build to this and for real i dont regret
It works like a champ, i no longer die again like EVER! Facetank shaper beam and slam + sirus die beam enables me to make mistake in these bossfight and learn boss mechanic
No need to say about heists, its a piece of cake too

Have some question:
1. I think i have enough surviability so LGOH is really necessary in barrage setup?
I removed it, run couple maps & bosses, barely feel any difference
In that case what is another support gem would fit here?
Im putting in maim support now.

2. Can you take a look on my char and see if anything i can improve?
I intend to remove the ring and get 2 rare rings, something like the curse on hit ring
Also i have 2 cwdt setup, anything i should change?

Thank for the great build!

Most pleased you are enjoying the build. The LGOH gem is not absolutely necessary for ordinary gameplay. My personal fun with the game is in exploring its far edges. I have found that I really want all of the available LGOH in a handful of situations so far:

1. Uber Elder
2. Catarina at lvl 83
2. Kurgal
3. Aul
5. Deep delving with 3 or more damage mods

Other than those situations, you can probably get by without it--obviously on a sliding scale depending on the content you are doing and your personal skill level at piloting through challenging encounters. Maim is an excellent choice if you are going to substitute another gem.

The above is true only as long as you have thief's torment equipped. If/when you switch rings, I suspect you will _really_ want that LGOH gem in place. Also, if/when you drop the thief's torment, because you dont use gluttony, you will want at least two jewels slotted that have +2 mana on hit or the build will become virtually unplayable.

As to the other question:
1. I have no criticsims of your tree.
2. Gem choices are all reasonable. You will be able to trade out the Vuln in CWDT for a Vuln on hit ring if/when when you make that switch. I would use vaal grace in that gem slot when you do, ymmv.
3. Helm is solid for dps, but not having life on the helm is a little rough, I would upgrade that situation when you can.
4. +1 amulet is also solid dps, but no life here is also rough. I might even try an annul to fix that since you are 2/3 to hit.
5. Ravenous horde is not a bad annoint for dps, but if you can afford it, I would prefer to annoint Constitution. (Remember I am always looking at these things from an HC perspective)

Hope you get continued enjoyment from the build!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Oct 14, 2020, 8:32:58 PM
Thank for the comprehensive reply!
Some more concerns I would like you to clarify:

1. How do you think about agony enchant on helm which gives 2 more projectiles? In term of clearing and bossing?

2. Your opinion on Lone Messenger jewel? Is it necessary for dps boost?

3. Reason to not level up barrage gem? i assume it's mana issue but does the build itself just works when we fire and hit monsters?
Also any benefit to replace LGOH with Viles toxin or even Chance to bleed support on barrage setup?
Sorry for stupid questions as I never play a bow build before

What is dead may never die!
"
intothefiord wrote:
Thank for the comprehensive reply!
Some more concerns I would like you to clarify:

1. How do you think about agony enchant on helm which gives 2 more projectiles? In term of clearing and bossing?

2. Your opinion on Lone Messenger jewel? Is it necessary for dps boost?

3. Reason to not level up barrage gem? i assume it's mana issue but does the build itself just works when we fire and hit monsters?
Also any benefit to replace LGOH with Viles toxin or even Chance to bleed support on barrage setup?
Sorry for stupid questions as I never play a bow build before

1. That enchant is marvelous for clear (I had it once) but I have always found it too difficult to get on the right kind of helm. Build functions fine without.

2. Not necessary. Nice, but not necessary.

3. Yes, mana. All we need to do is 1 pt of poison damage per hit to keep stacks of virulence up. That is very rarely an issue. In those very rare situations when it is, sub in a leveled lesser poison.

4. Replacing LGOH with vile toxins or chance to bleed in the barrage setup would not add appreciable damage for what you are giving up.

Luck,

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:

1. That enchant is marvelous for clear (I had it once) but I have always found it too difficult to get on the right kind of helm. Build functions fine without.

3. Yes, mana. All we need to do is 1 pt of poison damage per hit to keep stacks of virulence up. That is very rarely an issue. In those very rare situations when it is, sub in a leveled lesser poison.

4. Replacing LGOH with vile toxins or chance to bleed in the barrage setup would not add appreciable damage for what you are giving up.

Luck,

-O

Thank for the response.
Also as we don't upgrade gems to any awakened version, I looked up a bit on the new alternative quality gems of this league and see some interesting upgrades.

- Divergent Herald of Agony - the quality change from increasing minion speed to 20% chance to poison on hit, this could be interesting
- For Pierce Support, both Anomalous and Divergent Pierce Support are good in some ways
- For Withering Touch Support, the divergent version has a 20% chance to apply an additional stack of Wither​
- Also Anomalous Desecrate

What your opinion on these gems?
What is dead may never die!
Thanks for the great build. Finally killed Sirus(AL0) despite 1st time attempting the fight with just watching youtube guide once.

Die a few times to the stacked corrupted blood debuff and basically just tank thru everything else including the Die Beam.

Recommended for those who have poor reaction timing and dodge like shit(like me lol).

Just hit level 89, 6700 life, loving the tankiness of this build.
I usually run with friends who multi-curse, and I have a Poacher's Mark slotted for when I'm soloing.

I'm far enough along that it feels like swapping out the Thief's Torment might be worthwhile, but I'm struggling with Mana sustain at that point. What's the 'slightly higher budget' ring setup you recommend?

I have a Kaom's Heart, and will equip it once I fix the colors and links on my Quill Rain. Easily reaching 50 Virulence when fighting just about anything.
"
intothefiord wrote:
"
Orion72 wrote:

Luck,

-O

Thank for the response.
Also as we don't upgrade gems to any awakened version, I looked up a bit on the new alternative quality gems of this league and see some interesting upgrades.

- Divergent Herald of Agony - the quality change from increasing minion speed to 20% chance to poison on hit, this could be interesting
- For Pierce Support, both Anomalous and Divergent Pierce Support are good in some ways
- For Withering Touch Support, the divergent version has a 20% chance to apply an additional stack of Wither​
- Also Anomalous Desecrate

What your opinion on these gems?

The alternate pierce, withering touch, and desecrate will have only minimal impact on the build. Divergent HOA is a small QOL improvement, but you should have no trouble maintaining max stacks using the QR version of the build either way. You can definitely upgrade to awakened vicious proj in the late endgame.

-O
"
trifrost263 wrote:
Thanks for the great build. Finally killed Sirus(AL0) despite 1st time attempting the fight with just watching youtube guide once.

Die a few times to the stacked corrupted blood debuff and basically just tank thru everything else including the Die Beam.

Recommended for those who have poor reaction timing and dodge like shit(like me lol).

Most welcome and glad you are enjoying it. Congratulations on getting Sirus! When you can afford it, recommend slotting a "you cannot be affected by corrupted blood" jewel, at least for the Sirus fight.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Oct 19, 2020, 8:15:20 AM
"
Just hit level 89, 6700 life, loving the tankiness of this build.
I usually run with friends who multi-curse, and I have a Poacher's Mark slotted for when I'm soloing.

I'm far enough along that it feels like swapping out the Thief's Torment might be worthwhile, but I'm struggling with Mana sustain at that point. What's the 'slightly higher budget' ring setup you recommend?

I have a Kaom's Heart, and will equip it once I fix the colors and links on my Quill Rain. Easily reaching 50 Virulence when fighting just about anything.

To fix your mana sustain without relying on enemies always being cursed: when you swap out TT, slot at least 2 jewels with the +2 mana on hit stat. (When you solo, gluttony should keep your sustain fine in most situations as long as you are cursing on hit).

A ring with vuln on hit or despair on hit can be aquired from certain delve sites. A vuln on hit ring can also be rolled with the Warlord influence and at least ilvl 75.

Good luck!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Oct 19, 2020, 8:17:20 AM
Thanks for that advice.

Have you looked at any of the alternate quality gems?

I'm currently tempted by Divergent Herald of Agony (chance to poison), Divergent Barrage (faster attack speed), and Divergent Withering Touch (chance for extra wither stack).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info