[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

Hello man! first thanks for that work of explainin the build, awesome.

For the next league im thinking about to make this build as starter but now, after barrage changes in 3.9 (will be a support skill instead active skill) what do you suggest for this change?
Tried the build with cold iron point and finally got empower to lvl 3, damage is on another level, build has both great damage and survivability. T16 feels same as t1, and i just killed my first uber elder somewhat easily. Again, thanks a bunch for the build!
Re Barrage changes:

We're going to have to see how the mechanics actually work, but it is possible that Split arrow>Barrage will be better then Barrage>GMP, for the bow version.

Re First Uber Elder kill:

Congratulations! Always happy to hear these results.

Definitely planning to try do this build myself in some form next league. Unclear whether the lack of easy to find elder gear will make this harder or whether gear in one of the new four archetypes will adequately replace it. Won't really know until people start crafting and we see what the mod tables look like. Might even be new combinations available that are even better than what we had before. I will post any new discoveries and invite anyone else trying the build out to do the same.

Have to say that I am excited about the coming league. This build hasn't really shined against the league mechanic the past two leagues, which were all about clear-speed. But the next league looks to be all about bossing, and that is what the build is best at.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re Barrage changes:

We're going to have to see how the mechanics actually work, but it is possible that Split arrow>Barrage will be better then Barrage>GMP, for the bow version.

Re First Uber Elder kill:

Congratulations! Always happy to hear these results.

Definitely planning to try do this build myself in some form next league. Unclear whether the lack of easy to find elder gear will make this harder or whether gear in one of the new four archetypes will adequately replace it. Won't really know until people start crafting and we see what the mod tables look like. Might even be new combinations available that are even better than what we had before. I will post any new discoveries and invite anyone else trying the build out to do the same.

Have to say that I am excited about the coming league. This build hasn't really shined against the league mechanic the past two leagues, which were all about clear-speed. But the next league looks to be all about bossing, and that is what the build is best at.

-O

Going to go with a Jugg next league, will try your build, thanks for sharing :)
Hi guys,

I will wait for the patchnotes before finally deciding, but I'm pretty shure that I will a slightly modified version of this build next league.

I have a question abuot the HoAg gem link setup.

The main links will be:

HoAG- Minion Damage (from helmet)- Damage on Full Life- Pierce

This is fixed.

The candidates for the last gem are:

Vicious Projectiles- for max. damage
Maim- for the more defensive approach

The third one is Deathmark. And this is the one I'curious about. From looking at poe.ninja this seems to be the gem, that most players are taking and I don't understand why it is good. With Deathmark we do about the same damage as with Maim without the defensive bonuses, but we can make the crawler focus fire certain enemies. Why is this valuable?
If i'm in a map, I don'care what the crawler targets. And when I'm fighting bosses, there usually are't that many targets to choose from anyways.
The only case that comes to my mind, where it is useful, is when farming Uberlab. There you don't want the crawler to kill some adds for the extra keys. But that is very niche.

Am I overlooking something else?

Thanks
Nevermind, figured it out.

Just had to read the wiki more precisely.
Thanks for the build Orion. I had a lot of fun this past league with it. I started out with the quill rain variant and ended up playing the whole league like that. It probably was lacking in damage some, compared to the cold point version, still was able to kill Uber Elder and some delve bosses past 200.

For the most part content was pretty trivial, except blights from multiple directions. Eventually the crawler was not able to switch directions fast enough to kill everything all around, so blight maps got too frustrating, especially past tier10.

I was able to finally finish Halls of Grandmasters too, which I tried with various other builds in the past, miners, golemancer, and never made it.

Most welcome, and very glad you enjoyed it! Build was definitely not well suited to the blight mechanic -- I feel your pain there. (Good chance it will be very well suited to Metamorph though, so really looking forward to that). For Uber Elder and delve bosses I actually prefer the QR version, even though damage is lower, survivability is significantly better.

Extra congratulations on Hall of GMs! This is also the only build I've ever been able to run that on deathless--very tough.

Here's looking forward to the next league!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 10, 2019, 5:03:26 PM
Looks like split arrow>Barrage will actually be worse then our normal setup. Pity. On the other hand, patch notes look like no nerfs to the build--very cheerful.

That said, after reading the patch notes I have been caught by another of my potentially bad ideas. I cannot resist trying to do a completely new thing for my league start.

I do plan to still keep an eye out for any new gear/mods that would seem to have an impact on this build and definitely plan to come back to it at some point in the league, particularly if my new plan fails spectacularly, as they often do :>

Will be happy to read about your collective progress for those trying this one out first in the new league.

Good Luck to All!

-Orion
I was thinking of this as my league starter but doing a mock test run with no trade items, I was really struggling to just get through the normal acts. Could you give some tips on how you would level this without items such as Quill Rain? (likely to be highly sought after as bow league).

What links/skills would you suggest until we hit 62 and can use cold iron point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info