[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
Dafii wrote:

Dont think about leaguestart iam pretty sure herald of agony will not survive the 3.6 patchnotes

Unfortunately I think you're right. Too OP as you don't need to invest in dmg almost at all.
Re: leveling tree.

Even before moving to HOA, I am usually following the early tree advice I lay out in the guide--it is not a complex tree. I will often spec into nearby res nodes until I have gear to take care of resses. At league start I will also usually help Alira for the extra res, and spec back out for 20 regrets later when I am fully geared.

I am not somewhere I can put together multiple additional leveling trees right now, and I really don't think they should be necessary if you follow the leveling advice in the guide.

Before getting TT and QR I will literally use whatever the best melee weapon is to come to hand with smite>ancestral call>almost anything, maybe with double strike for some single target.

Re: HOA nerf potential: Maybe. But I'll tell you why I think it may not get nerfed: Although HOA performs well with little investment, It also -doesn't- scale well WITH investment. It is what it is, and there are skills that will do FAR more damage and have faster clear with reasonable investment than it is possible to obtain with HOA. Because the good baseline damage is balanced by a comparatively low maximum, it is possible that GGG will not see a need to nerf it.

We'll see, but I am still hopeful.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Mar 7, 2019, 3:50:15 AM
Can you play this build with different skill? Lets say "Molten Strike"

For Example: Claw "Gemini" (Life & mana gain implicit) lets say 2.05 APS roll with multi mod for Agony + Shield for even more defences?

LINKS: Molten strike - Multistrike - GMP - Ancestral Call (Elder gloves Poison - Faster Attacks)

Stacking Life regen / Life / Endurance charges at MAX / Attack speed if you can / Jewel Sockets for Agony & yourself.

Re using a different skill:

Of course you can. And if you find it fun, you should. But then it's also a different build.

From my perspective there are downsides to using MS that don't make it as desirable. The primary ones are:

1. Under 2/3 the LGOH / virulence stacking
2. Delayed LGOH effect (since balls take time to hit.
3. No ranged targeting.

All of these can be the difference between living and dying in many situations. For this reason I greatly prefer QR barrage. Ymmv.

-O
I wanted a reliable, almost unkillable build for hc since i was bored of sc. I'm almost at 7k, no kaom , did all the t4 so far pretty much SSF but quill rain. Huge room for improvements, clears packs before i even notice, obloterates bosses, i'm at 30+kitava carry, 50+ >a8 bosses and merc lab carry. Never dropped below 50% life but twice vs Cameria's damn ground damage. Fun, tanky, powerful, not the usual ms rf build.

Edit:died a couple of days ago at level 89.7...why? Felt asleep in delve after a double shift at work (40h of no sleep). Relevelled in no time, usually i hoard the useful levelling items in a quad tab so it took less to be back to maps. Still doing act boss help, bought a +2 minion damage helm, waiting to sell stuff to buy the kaom.
A "deterministic" way to waste your time

Italian Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123491614671703/

Italian global: /global 69
Last edited by Fucrem2 on Feb 21, 2019, 12:41:48 AM
Props to OP for this build, I downed my first Uber Elder deathless at lv85 yesterday! I was so scared that 8k HP wasn't going to be enough, as well as the lack of minion nodes, but somehow miraculously made it through!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/380395768
How good is this as a HC starter, starting with absolutely nothing?
Glad the last two of you are enjoying the build, and gratz on uber elder!

Re league starter:

I enjoy it as a starter. Little more detail a page or so up. I should add this to the FAQ.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Feb 18, 2019, 10:56:50 PM

Hey guys,
IM STILL ALIVE :P doing maps to T10 now, and sometimes it starts to hit hard,... im at 6K Life-Pool now... I have 200 chaos, but cannot affort kaoms heart .... is there something i can use inbetween to be a bit more save? to you see potential?
Re what can I use before Kaoms?:

You are already wearing it ;)
Though better life on ammy and helm will help.
Be patient and save for the kaoms.
Good luck!
-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Feb 16, 2019, 8:20:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info