[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

Re Knockback experiment:

After I commented that I thought it wouldn't work, I decided to actually run the experiment of using a knockback gem with 2 volley fire jewels, subbing out GMP. Once again what i found is that it wasn't as strong as the original write up. Not to say it didn't do great through the Acts and up to T16 maps. I put together a combination of maim, spider, and pierce 3, as i had envisioned. I had enough res on jewels to use Atiri's step for a little extra spell dodge. But in the deep delves with multiple damage mods, it just had less overall life than the original build, and knockback was insufficient to keep a one-shot from sneaking in eventually at 8.6k life vs. an added crit+inc damage city.

Generally speaking, my sense of the original variation is that it could handle 2 damage mod delves without issues, and didn't start to be in any real danger until we were looking at 3 damage mod delves. As to that, I think the conclusion is that this game isn't really meant to be facetanked ALL the way down. I think I will just have to be pleased with how far the build got, since I am out of ideas for tweaks. Pretty much everything I have tried in the past month turned out to feel weaker than what I posted initially. Which, I suppose, is good news for y'all who have been following the actual guide. :>

-O
Hmm, guess league is done for me. 36/40. Build did everying i intended it to do.
Thanks, Orion.

Dug around in my standart stash, found some upgrades

Whats your opinion on legacy Kaom vs double corrupted +1% max res/50% reduced damage taken from crits regular one? I have already large hp pool 2nd option would be better for preventing one-shot burst damage?
Last edited by nebel on Jan 27, 2019, 10:37:07 AM
Opinion re mythic gear:

First congrats on success with the build this league!

For the actual question let's math. The legacy kaom's should provide around another 2k life on a 9.5k +/- life pool. An 11.5k hit is required to kill you now.
The 50% less extra crit damage, in the most extreme cases may reduce mob damage for a single hit by more than 25%. (Assuming an increased crit map mod and a mob with powerful crits) This is equivalent to potentially more than 1/3 more ehp in that circumstance. A hit of over 12.6k would be required to kill you.

At the extreme end of the game, given your life pool and assuming we are really worried only about the very biggest hits the reduced crit kaoms offers greater protection than the legacy kaoms. For most other purposes, the legacy kaoms is superior. Choice is a matter of taste. (But what a choice to have to make!)

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jan 27, 2019, 1:25:34 PM

Reduced crits it is then.

I rarely dump such amount into a build. Just like this too much :). Can't wait for league merge.
Revived my Jugg for this build, and boy oh boy... it's fucking awesome! Life leech is ridiculous!

Can you please tell me if I can squeeze Watcher's Eye somewhere or I don't need it?

EDIT: And one more thing, since I'm playing SC can I sacrife some life for some dps? If yes, what should I change?

Thanks!

Last edited by drumcorp1986 on Jan 28, 2019, 10:08:30 AM
Update lvl 92 8.4k hp, 611k shaper dps atm - dropped enfeeble for projectile weakness.

Will reach just shy of 1mil shaper dps with 21/20 agony, lvl 4 empower and +3/20 helm upgrade, with vicious proj over pierce. Will be picking up the life/eva nodes by ranger start with next 5 points, then last 2-3 into the cpl small minion nodes available to push me just over 1mil.

Will be swapping out helm with +3/20 then will grab whatever t1 life/res quiver i need to fill in. need a corrupted blood jewel somewhere (trying to hit/buy anatomical) and course couple other places jewels and stuff can be upgraded.

Re SC upgrades:
See FAQ #7 for SC recommendations with infinite currency. Its a no on the watcher's eye--not enough spare mana to run an aura that would make it worthwhile.

Re Cospri's variation: Looks good. Happy to see that this version was viable!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jan 29, 2019, 4:43:59 PM
What do you think about using Hatred and 7L bow, similar to the popular Occultist build? You will need reduced mana reservation enchant.

You lose half of the life leech but it more than doubles your damage?
I was able to get a The Calming Calamity with the correct colors.

I removed Arctic Armour in favor of Hatred + Generosity.

What should I put in place of Arctic Armour?
Re: doubling damage/halving LGOH

This one is really a matter of taste it you are SC. It will probably be great in most situations and a little more sketchy in some. Try it out and report back is my favorite answer here. :>

(For HC, I have tried the build with 1/2 the LGOH or so in more than one variation, and I cannot recommend.)

Re: Coming calamity variation what do to with extra link?

I might try something like this:

6L chest: HOA>Min Dam>DOFL>Pierce>Vicious Proj>Empower 4
6L Gloves: Barrage>Faster att>Poison>GMP>LGOH>WT
6L Bow: Vaal Grace>Phase Run>Blink Arrow>Convocation>Inc Duration>Blood Magic
4L Boots: CWDT>IC>Desec>Spirit Off
4L Helm: Hatred>Generosity>War Banner>Enlighten 4

GL!

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info