[3.6] Storm Brand MF (65%~85%) Quant 5K+ hp 1.2M dps [All map mod] [All content viable] (13Mil dps)

"
majesthro wrote:
Any idea about still being viable after patch notes?
Scion lost 45% Crit Multi
storm brand lost the shot gun effect, though im not sure what this means. Every storm brand can hit a single target, while the attached ones do 50% more dmg, right? Is it different now (besides numbers)?

Is Armageddon brand an alternativ? The activation delay sucks though.

In theory,

the damage is still the same for us, despite losing 45% (which is 83% with meek meek UI).

the single target will be still around 2Mil shaper dps range.

As for map clear, Inpulsa or Herald of Ice will do the job for us which means when one attached enemy dies, it will start the explosion which gives us map clear.

Only nerf for storm brand is, if you don't invest enough into damage (like 1~2ex range weapons and auras), it will do shit damage for both clear and bossing.

Therefore, storm brand is not fit for league starter as well as EO variants.

Because of this, I won't make the SB char early this league, and probably start around mid week2 when we know about new uniques and historic jewels.

Stay tuned for that.
does "total dps" in pob account for 2 attached brands or just one?
"
majesthro wrote:
does "total dps" in pob account for 2 attached brands or just one?

just 1, so you have to double it.

I will update my guide around 1 week into the league so stay tuned!
anyone tried to adopt this build to 3.7 ?
"
GibkiJoe wrote:
anyone tried to adopt this build to 3.7 ?

Sorry GibkiJoe :(

I tried to make it for 3.7, but storm brand is terrible with legion farming as you clear the screen once every 1.5 ~ 2 seconds with brand recall, but you have to do that so many times which is not feasible.

Furthermore, the nerf to storm brand clear speed is really noticeable.

In addition, this build doesn't have any defense against phys damage, which all legion mobs have, so you die every other map.

Overall, this league is not suitable with storm brand, so I decided to skip the guide for this league.

Sorry to disappoint you :(
Try out chain support, it increases storm brand clearspeed manyfold. In similar build I've had no issues clearing t16's legions with it, including Legion bosses.

Also damage loss from chain is not an issue, because Storm Brand received huge buff to single target, and flat damage nerf from previous league was reverted. I was actually already using it in previous league, and even then it was fine for most purposes, only time I've had to actually swap the gem were i83 synth bosses with crazy mods where every damage counted.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jul 21, 2019, 9:46:54 AM
"
You can get those rare scepters for around 40~50c each.

For multicrafte scepters? where only multicraft node costs 2ex? braindead man.
"
CreoZ wrote:
"
You can get those rare scepters for around 40~50c each.

For multicrafte scepters? where only multicraft node costs 2ex? braindead man.

If you think the hybrid spell damage & non-chaos as extra chaos is 2 mods, I think you are the braindead one here ^^;

the pob there was intended for 3.6 league start.

If you are too lazy to check the pob written above that quote line,

New Item
Void Sceptre
Crafted: true
Quality: 20
Sockets: B-B-B
LevelReq: 68
Implicits: 1
40% increased Elemental Damage
Adds 4 to 90 Lightning Damage to Spells
105% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+23% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
{crafted}{range:0.5}(43-50)% increased Spell Damage
{crafted}Gain 6% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage

Here is what I was referring to as 40~50c sceptre.
Again, reason it's 50%/6% was because it was pob created during end of 3.5 for league start at 3.6 so it wasn't updated at the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info