How to determine how much an item is worth?

Unique's are pretty easy as I can just look them up on POE trade but what about other items like the gold/yellow ones for example? How exactly do i price an item without asking someone else?
I have quite a lot i thought would be worth something and they're taking up space in my stash which i could do with as i dont have premium stashes yet.
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2018, 6:34:35 AM
"
gnvl wrote:
Unique's are pretty easy as I can just look them up on POE trade but what about other items like the gold/yellow ones for example? How exactly do i price an item without asking someone else?
I have quite a lot i thought would be worth something and they're taking up space in my stash which i could do with as i dont have premium stashes yet.

Hi GNVL, what you're experience is common to us all! It's a wild world out there in Wraeclast and especially so when it comes to the economy. There is no one simple answer to your question. The mods are too vast, the intricacies too narrow and the fluctuations too drastic. However, one of fearless community members has put together the most essential guide on pricing items. Check out Engineering Eternity's Item Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVsiQG1y_dg&t=418s

It's truly arms above the rest and will give you a fantastic basis of value comprehension. Yes, it's a year old, however it's all still applicable and equips you with the right tools to be dangerous in current environment. This will start you off on the right path!
IGN: Shnoop
Go to poetrade.com or other similar sites and check prices.

Yesterday I sold a 65 chaos worth item for 5 chaos because of this. The item was for 3 days in my trade tab w/o a price, so I took the first offer... In the end the guy was really nice and gave me an essence worm after I explained my noobness to him...

If you think something is valuable check, check and check again.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
frostzor27 wrote:
In the end the guy was really nice and gave me an essence worm after I explained my noobness to him...

Wow... you met normal, kind person in PoE? Amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info