3.5 Archetype Cold DoT Occultist | league starter | Uber Elder deathless | every mod and boss

Hey, I'm currently starting the build, I was curious about 3 things though.

The Leveling Skill tree and the Pob have different pathing, should I just straight up use the pob tree if I have pure talent? Or go with the leveling one and use regrets later.

Also, can I use a staff with + added fire/cold/lightning damage to spells or is that gonna mess up Ele Equi?

And what would be better damage wise, using a 6l rare staff with some spell damage or a 5l taryns shiver?
Last edited by ADeadlyDwarf on Dec 28, 2018, 10:35:01 AM
"
DoMy25 wrote:
How good would this build be s a ssf starter i got tired of trade league and want to play ssf. When would u go CI if u play ssf at around 70, 75 or?

I never played ssf but for this league I started CI in Act 8 sewer before Doedre. But I bought some 1c es trash unique like Doedre's helmet, some boots and stuff so I had 2-3k es probably
"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:

The Leveling Skill tree and the Pob have different pathing, should I just straight up use the pob tree if I have pure talent? Or go with the leveling one and use regrets later.

Also, can I use a staff with + added fire/cold/lightning damage to spells or is that gonna mess up Ele Equi?

And what would be better damage wise, using a 6l rare staff with some spell damage or a 5l taryns shiver?

1. You can Regret if you can't afford the universal leveling guide I specifically wrote for this problem

2. Added damage doesn't benefit Dot anyway so it's a wasted mod. About EE I, too, have detailed explanation throughout the guide

3. Taryn is good with +2 lv and 20% more against frozen. A ~40% Cold Dot Multi on rare will be better in PoB number I remember
"
Arthur606 wrote:
"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:

1. You can Regret if you can't afford the universal leveling guide I specifically wrote for this problem

2. Added damage doesn't benefit Dot anyway so it's a wasted mod. About EE I, too, have detailed explanation throughout the guide

3. Taryn is good with +2 lv and 20% more against frozen. A ~40% Cold Dot Multi on rare will be better in PoB number I remember

I see, thanks alot !
Hi, i was wondering where do you fit the auras actually? I am kinda doing this build, although some "innovations" were introduced, but i'm near L80, i have good chest and staff, not 6linked but in progress, sockets are colored with final colors, so i'm all full on skills and survivability. Immortal call on CoDT, Flame Dash and that part, Arctic Breath part, that takes all boots, gloves, head. Where can i put 2 more auras, possibly supporting them with at least 1 gem? Thanks a lot for help. Regards, vine.
"
vine01 wrote:
Hi, i was wondering where do you fit the auras actually? I am kinda doing this build, although some "innovations" were introduced, but i'm near L80, i have good chest and staff, not 6linked but in progress, sockets are colored with final colors, so i'm all full on skills and survivability. Immortal call on CoDT, Flame Dash and that part, Arctic Breath part, that takes all boots, gloves, head. Where can i put 2 more auras, possibly supporting them with at least 1 gem? Thanks a lot for help. Regards, vine.

Arctic Breath or Flame Dash 4 link are flexible. Grace shaper amulet is optional. You can instead choose a Purity and put it and Discpline in either 4 link
Hey OP, I'm following your build. I'm lvl 81, already killed yellow Elder and such.

Now I have some currency and I'm wondering where/on what I should invest.
Except for the Staff, that I'm not using so far, what else should I get?
I gotta say, Vortex damage alone is more than enough to t10 maps, easily.
I got some res rings, a decent ES/resist boot and a loyal.

I noticed you dont say anything regarding belts, or did I miss something?
My shield gives me a lot of ES, thats why I'm not changing it so soon. Any suggestions on what to choose on mods would be awesome, although I know you say some on your guide.

Here's my gear.
Spoiler

Edit: I checked on PoB and replacing shield and mace for Xirgil or Taryn gives me more hit damage, but the dot damage decreases considerably... Am I doing something wrong (since I'm a new) or is this setup i'm using, better?

With xirgils, I get +6,3% hit damage, but lose around 13% dot damage.
with Taryn, gain 10% on hit damage, but loose 10% DoT Damage.
Last edited by Bollacha on Dec 30, 2018, 6:40:49 PM
"
Bollacha wrote:
I checked on PoB and replacing shield and mace for Xirgil or Taryn gives me more hit damage, but the dot damage decreases considerably... Am I doing something wrong (since I'm a new) or is this setup i'm using, better?

With xirgils, I get +6,3% hit damage, but lose around 13% dot damage.
with Taryn, gain 10% on hit damage, but loose 10% DoT Damage.

The Cold DoT Multi on lab mace is multiplicative with increased damage so it's something. Both staves offer additional functions and a 6 link. The skill damage in chest will always go down but the skill put in the staff will go up
I am just starting a character using this build and i love it. I had an idea about the melee range vortex skill. It interacts with frostbolts very nice and i tried it with the new "cast a socketed spell when using a skill" enchant on a wand. It worked out pretty well and every five seconds you can spam the screen full of vortexes using frostbolt + lesser projectile support. If you use a poets pen, it should be even faster.
Another alteration could be use of Wintes Bounty to spam Cold Snap.

Just a thought...

Screen then looks like this

Last edited by TheOrigin79 on Jan 4, 2019, 9:04:14 AM
"
TheOrigin79 wrote:
I am just starting a character using this build and i love it. I had an idea about the melee range vortex skill. It interacts with frostbolts very nice and i tried it with the new "cast a socketed spell when using a skill" enchant on a wand. It worked out pretty well and every five seconds you can spam the screen full of vortexes using frostbolt + lesser projectile support. If you use a poets pen, it should be even faster.
Another alteration could be use of Wintes Bounty to spam Cold Snap.

Just a thought...

Screen then looks like this

I expected 4 main skills with the necessity to moniter projectile positions would be overwhelming to POE players. And people said with self cast Vortex clearing was fast enough. If you have good enough Shaper/Elder helmet to justify dual wielding it's totally fine

I don't see the point of Winter's Bounty. Power charge has no use at all to DoT. Unless you have a good PCoC Shaper staff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info