[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
ZekeAsakura wrote:
Lol at that last minute dodge in the video. Alright, thanks for your reply. I think I will go ahead with this build :).

Haha yeah ^^'

I am so glad this build can take a couple ShaperBalls to the face without batting an eye.

I am not very familiar with playing this build and I do lag quite a bit when recording. I am glad though that it is what it is.

I think dying once or twice vs UberElder is no big shame if it would have happend. It is cool though that it is deathless. Looks so very impressive in the VideoSection. :P
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 18, 2018, 3:07:13 PM
I have some specific questions about Passive Skills, can you tell me...

1. What is the Strength node for?
2. Why do you go Strength node instead of Intelligence node here?
3. And what is Accuracy buff for? How soon should I get it?

Here's the image:
https://imgur.com/a/kOu6tlG

Sorry if my questions are obvious, I'm still new to the game and mighty confused!

And am I getting the idea of the build right - I cast ED, then hit enemy with Contagion and run around like headless chicken trying not to get killed? How does Blight factor into this 'rotation'?

[minor edits]
Last edited by Smirnoffico on Dec 18, 2018, 3:16:59 PM
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
I have some specific questions about Passive Skills, can you tell me...

1. What is the Strength node for?
2. Why do you go Strength node instead of Intelligence node here?
3. And what is Accuracy buff for? How soon should I get it?

Here's the image:
https://imgur.com/a/kOu6tlG

Sorry if my questions are obvious, I'm still new to the game and mighty confused!

And am I getting the idea of the build right - I cast ED, then hit enemy with Contagion and run around like headless chicken trying not to get killed? How does Wither factor into this 'rotation'?

1. We need the Strength to equip our gear. The Shield we use requires you to have 159 Strength.
2. Same reason as 1.
3. The Node is not about Accuracy - Since we reserve our life via Bloodmagic + Auras and use EnergyShield as our 'effective HP' our Lightradius - which is usually dependant on how much actual life you have left - would constantly be non-existing.
With this node it is based upon our EnergyShield - which is what we need.

€dit: You cast contagion first and then Essence Drain. Blight down everything that gets close to you. And thats basically it. ^^
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 18, 2018, 4:00:19 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
1. We need the Strength to equip our gear. The Shield we use requires you to have 159 Strength.
2. Same reason as 1.
3. The Node is not about Accuracy - Since we reserve our life via Bloodmagic + Auras and use EnergyShield as our 'effective HP' our Lightradius - which is usually dependant on how much actual life you have left - would constantly be non-existing.

Oh, I missed the light radius part in the description in the builder. Different colours throw me off a bit. Now I get it - otherwise it will all be constantly dark aroud

And about Strength - if I go Apep route, I won't need as much Strength, so it's a matter of preffered uniques?
Last edited by Smirnoffico on Dec 18, 2018, 3:29:37 PM
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
2. Same reason as 1.

Oh, I missed the light radius part in the description in the builder. Different colours throw me off a bit. Now I get it - otherwise it will all be constantly dark aroud

And about Strength - if I go Apep route, I won't need as much Strength, so it's a matter of preffered uniques?

Yeah, I guess. Apep doesnt really work with the Cerberus though. Just as a heads-up. But yeah, you won't need as much strength then.
Gotta try it out yourself how much you end up needing or with what you will end up on your gear.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Yeah, I guess. Apep doesnt really work with the Cerberus though. Just as a heads-up. But yeah, you won't need as much strength then.
Gotta try it out yourself how much you end up needing or with what you will end up on your gear.

So with Apep I should pick one your suggested weapons then? Got it!

Oh, and question about Immortal Call - am i missing it, but there are no endurance charges generators in the build, so this gem is more like an 'oh shit, gotta live' panic button rather than 'stable' buff?
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

So with Apep I should pick one your suggested weapons then? Got it!

Oh, and question about Immortal Call - am i missing it, but there are no endurance charges generators in the build, so this gem is more like an 'oh shit, gotta live' panic button rather than 'stable' buff?

Immortal Call always works - it just lasts longer with Endurance Charges.

We also do not use that skill ourselfs - it gets triggered automatically if we take a set amount of damage.

You seem really new to the game - are you *sure* you wanna start with a LowLife Build? ^^' They are not exactly the most beginner friendly. :)
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
You seem really new to the game - are you *sure* you wanna start with a LowLife Build? ^^' They are not exactly the most beginner friendly. :)

Quite determined actually! I have a rather straightforward duelist character as a back-up option in case I get stuck, but so far I'm having fun time playing with this build. The only issue is survivability, but that's because my gear is really bad - i'm running around in rags (literally :D). As soon as I get some decent items, things should change.

Also, what is the best way to learn the game if not by playing something that forces you to look into mechanics and little things! )
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Quite determined actually! I have a rather straightforward duelist character as a back-up option in case I get stuck, but so far I'm having fun time playing with this build. The only issue is survivability, but that's because my gear is really bad - i'm running around in rags (literally :D). As soon as I get some decent items, things should change.

Also, what is the best way to learn the game if not by playing something that forces you to look into mechanics and little things! )

That's actually a good look on it, yeah. :)

I updated one of my earlier answers to you - regarding how to play this build. Check it out if you want to.
Just a quick question maybe a dumb one - i can't seem to find an answer..

1. i've heard profane bloom is really bad for map clear because ED doesnt spread with it.. would u still recommending taking profane bloom or maybe switching it to something else? and if so, which one? (I do have presence of chuyla). Will switching off proflane help map clearing anyway?

2. i seem to run out of mana pretty fast and theres no leech.. is there a way to fix this? or how do you get around this running multiple auras.

Last edited by Kevetic on Dec 18, 2018, 10:37:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info