Cannot finish Story Mode. Not sure where I went wrong

all the life nodes and life gear tips ppl gave you are true - you must get at least 180% life from tree to facetank.

but there is damage reduction.

1. use leap slam + fortify. fortify gives damage reduction. just leap slam the first hit and move to molten strike.

2. use cast when damage taken + warlord's mark + molten shell + increased duration.
the shell guards you, the mark proc endurance charges. read about them on the wiki.

check my level 92 molten strike jugg. its public.
see the tree and items.
"
Sage009 wrote:

My biggest gripe with the passive tree is that there's almost no +chaos resists anywhere, so it reduces my gear choices since I need to start dropping good gear (Or at least, gear that I thought was good) for gear that gives me chaos resists.

Chaos resist is a luxury resist. You do not NEED to spec for it in any way, but if it comes as an added bonus to some skill or item, then all the better. A note though, chaos damage IS dangerous, but usually comes in the form of a degen that can be avoided like caustic ground or the fart clouds some zombies leave behind, or they come in the form of easily telegraphed projectiles from enemies like Vaal Constructs that like to shotgun your face off when you open doors or pop into an Incursion with a golem out and you move in a panic or out of habit and lose the grace period.

Most successful builds will never get beyond -40% chaos resist (0 being the goal - chaos is weird, go figure) and even then, it is almost certainly on accident because X unique that is required for the build to work happens to have it, or some really well rolled rare just so happens to have it.

Gear priority should always follow this simple template:

-- Rare Gear --

- Flat life (or ES late game if doing an Energy Shield build)
- Elemental Resists until you see 75 (109) the bit in parenthesis is your actual amount and you want to aim for a minimum of 109 so that you are at 75 when cursed with elemental weakness. Anything that is over 109 can be shuffled around to make other resists or more life possible.
- Gem Links as often times a proper 4 linked skill can make more of a difference than other factors.
- Primary Defense (Armor / Evasion / Energy Shield) whatever you are using or need for easy socket coloring. Again, another later game consideration. Don't even sweat this before mapping.
- %Life on gear is nice when you can get it, but that is usually a late game consideration.
- Damage Modifiers of choice.

-- Uniques --

- Uniques only if they are build enabling. That is, the build you are making literally requires one or more specific uniques to allow the build to function. Otherwise only use uniques if they are generally better than what you have on hand, or you have your stats sorted out and don't need more resists etc. but can really use the gobs of crit on X item, or that silly movespeed in a helm slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info