Tips and Tricks for tHoG?

Are there any recommendations on how to beat the Hall of Grandmasters? I'm starting to get really desperate about these hallways to hell.
Are there any builds or specific things to pay attention to? I feel like as if the entire map was just a giant clusterfuck and totally based on RNG since only it can decide which dudes you're up against... I almost managed to beat it on my most recent attempt where I cleared 3 hallways and died about 1 or 2 waves away from the final wave in the last hallway with no portals left... yet I feel like as if it was unbeatable.

I killed shaper for the first time today, deathless btw, and even killed an insanely buffed phoenix and even killed Uber Atziri but it seems like as if tHoG was not playing by any sort of rules. The PvP damage scaling really messes me up.
bottomtext
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2018, 2:43:35 AM
I guess there are tons of topics like that but lets go in short:

You can do it on many builds with some tuning.

1) You need to deal with the block builds. There are builds with legacy Aegis Aurora (or maybe life on block too).

You can annihilate them with Scorching ray skill (Bale fire weapon + links should be fine even without passives).

Or you need high damage dealing skill (no DPS) in one hit with block chance reduction gem https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Block_Chance_Reduction_Support
GC mines (without minefield) / Arc traps (without cluster traps) / Heavy strike rather then high DPS.
Although BCR gem function has been changed so maybe not an issue anymore.

2) To deal with high regen just use frost bomb (+ duration)

3) You need to deal with stuns / ailments (including poison) / bleed!

4) To mitigate damage: any reduced crit damage is game changing vs some opponents; classic defensive layers such as evasion, dodge/spell dodge, block, EC, …

Some chaos resist is helpful vs chaos DoT builds etc

Curses enfeeble + TC (with quality) are really helpful

Other slow / blind effects help too.

Offscreening masters is always a good strategy:)

It´s not so hard once you will learn it.

Gl:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Dec 15, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
I guess there are tons of topics like that but lets go in short:

You can do it on many builds with some tuning.

1) You need to deal with the block builds. There are builds with legacy Aegis Aurora (or maybe life on block too).

You can annihilate them with Scorching ray skill (Bale fire weapon + links should be fine even without passives).

Or you need high damage dealing skill (no DPS) in one hit with block chance reduction gem https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Block_Chance_Reduction_Support
GC mines (without minefield) / Arc traps (without cluster traps) / Heavy strike rather then high DPS.
Although BCR gem function has been changed so maybe not an issue anymore.

2) To deal with high regen just use frost bomb (+ duration)

3) You need to deal with stuns / ailments (including poison) / bleed!

4) To mitigate damage: any reduced crit damage is game changing vs some opponents; classic defensive layers such as evasion, dodge/spell dodge, block, EC, …

Some chaos resist is helpful vs chaos DoT builds etc

Curses enfeeble + TC (with quality) are really helpful

Other slow / blind effects help too.

Offscreening masters is always a good strategy:)

It´s not so hard once you will learn it.

Gl:)

Thanks, I'll see what I can do...
bottomtext
Yeah, definitely give Block Chance Reduction Support a shot, cause since 3.5, grandmasters that heavily rely on block have been 100% nuked.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info