Craft an item in x seconds. ...is this a joke?

"
GoDLikUS wrote:
Don't you think current league will be already dead in new year? You usually fix everything asap and it's surprises me that this league your approach is completely different: no important fixes/tunes to syndicate

Think about it. You've been working hard all year. For many companies PTOs don't roll over once January hits. You're exhausted from overtime (game dev involves a lot of crunch). Game builds require LOTS of people to be involved: Code reviewer, infrastructure teams, build people, patch notes people, higher ups approving changes, QA. High-risk changes need to be validated that they're worth it, because if high-risk changes fail, hotfix people need to be called in, maybe even call in help from people who are currently on vacation. It's a nightmare. It's hard.

Very few companies release huge patches around times like these. It's not impossible, it just doesn't happen. Look at other games, like Destiny or whatever. If they're pushing patches around this time, it's because they've already been prepared in advance.

You can't expect major changes around this time of year. It's unreasonable. If you make your devs give up vacation days around family-centric holidays, haha, you won't have a studio for long. Chris has to make sure burnout doesn't happen. The league is currently functional. If it's not good enough for retention (like people seemed to say about bestiary lol) then oh well, the league should ahve been designed better. Little QoL like this won't make that big a difference.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
"
GoDLikUS wrote:
Don't you think current league will be already dead in new year? You usually fix everything asap and it's surprises me that this league your approach is completely different: no important fixes/tunes to syndicate

Think about it. You've been working hard all year. For many companies PTOs don't roll over once January hits. You're exhausted from overtime (game dev involves a lot of crunch). Game builds require LOTS of people to be involved: Code reviewer, infrastructure teams, build people, patch notes people, higher ups approving changes, QA. High-risk changes need to be validated that they're worth it, because if high-risk changes fail, hotfix people need to be called in, maybe even call in help from people who are currently on vacation. It's a nightmare. It's hard.

Very few companies release huge patches around times like these. It's not impossible, it just doesn't happen. Look at other games, like Destiny or whatever. If they're pushing patches around this time, it's because they've already been prepared in advance.

You can't expect major changes around this time of year. It's unreasonable. If you make your devs give up vacation days around family-centric holidays, haha, you won't have a studio for long. Chris has to make sure burnout doesn't happen. The league is currently functional. If it's not good enough for retention (like people seemed to say about bestiary lol) then oh well, the league should ahve been designed better. Little QoL like this won't make that big a difference.

And that's fine and all, but this is something that should have more than likely been ironed out before release. If they had gone through and tested this properly they would have known this was an issue and would have at very least started working on it after releasing 3.5

They certainly don't have to rush to fix this during the holidays, but users certainly don't have to donate or buy MTX if they don't feel like they're receiving an acceptable product.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

We're aware that the UI on console isn't in the best place for this and will be making some changes to improve the experience. This isn't one I'll be able to have quickly changed given the holidays, but I have this on my radar to be sorted in the New Year.

Thanks for letting us know it is something you are looking into, much better than being in the dark.

Happy Holidays.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
I avoid having Guff or tiny whatever his name anywhere near the higher parts of the board due to this, it's a real shame as I've seen pc streamers loving him and crafting some amazing things.
"
anubite wrote:
"
GoDLikUS wrote:

That's all fine and dandy but we are talking about changing a simple timer value, doesnt take much work to do that.
Thanks for the update Jeff, enjoy the holidays :)
I would think adding mouse and keyboard support would solve a majority of these issues.

I've said around here before that I understand the desire to not make the entire game playable with the mouse on the console, but i'd politely disagree with that sentiment for accessibility reasons. However, adding mouse and keyboard support at least for menu operations would solve this problem until a better solution is worked out.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

We're aware that the UI on console isn't in the best place for this and will be making some changes to improve the experience. This isn't one I'll be able to have quickly changed given the holidays, but I have this on my radar to be sorted in the New Year.

Agreed.

Also agree on taking more time to test and test again before releases. Personally I'd rather wait longer for a game that doesn't need 3 patches in a week. That alone said they rushed Betrayal out.

Thanks for letting us know it is something you are looking into, much better than being in the dark.

Happy Holidays.
Agreed Corrison.

Also agree on taking more time to test and test again before releases. Personally I'd rather wait longer for a game that doesn't need 3 patches in a week. That alone said they rushed Betrayal out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info