Constant crashing and freezing

It's been crashing on PC for years with Whispering Ice.

Post 2 years ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4celwh/nosound_allows_me_to_play_my_whispering_ice_build/

On PC it's an audio issue, at least with Whispering Ice. Could probably find posts about Molten Strike too.

My findings and what I've tried are here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2292056
I'm playing golem build and i see that game crashes when game drops frames drastically. The game crashes only when all my golems attack a pack of mobs. I didn't see crashes in diffrent situations.
Update: when i mute sound effects then game stops crashing. I suppose that's the only thing cause crashes.
I played flame golems the past like 3 leagues and rarely crashed, maybe a hand full of times per league.

Are you crashing multiple times per hour? Or just rarely? Do you get the buzzing sound when it crashes to dashboard?

The way I understanding what the people on PC forums are saying that skills like Molten Strike and Whispering Ice or anything super projectile heavy plays a separate sound effect for each ball/shard/projectile which the game/console cannot keep up with. I'll try with sound effects muted here in a bit to see if it still triggers for me. To my knowledge muting sound effects is not the same as disabling sound on PC via shortcut, because the sounds are still playing and just aren't heard.

GGG will respond to us eventually. Are still on holiday.
I've tested my build more on maps and that's the results:
- With all sounds muted i have no crash to dashboard
- if i unmute even one one type of sounds (i.e. loot filter sounds) then crashing comes back
- with sounds my game crashes every time when my golems start to hitting large pack of mobs like breaches or something like that.

So at this moment i mute all sounds to avoid crashes.
I'm not sure that is fixing the problem though. I been saying since the launch of Betrayal it's an audio issue for some crashes but I'm not sure if muting actually disables the call function to launch the audio or if it still plays and we just aren't hearing it.

Either way the options mentioned so far to stop crashing are not acceptable. I refuse to play a game with no sound and I refuse to play a game where I spend my hard earned money on mtx but cant equip it or the game might crash.

Here we are in 2019 and not a single mention of fixes or patches.
FWIW, I'm running my mtx just fine. Equipped or not I still experience random crashes. I been playing around 7 to 10 hours a day this last week and not had many crashes but I don't go into towns anymore and if I do its briefly for a vendor.

I also completely avoid Syndicate shit, ever since I started ignoring them, my crashing has dropped considerably.

I am still trying to reach level 90, its like the game knows I am close and says NOT today bitch! Today you are going to rubber band back into this pack and die!

As I've stated many times, losing the XP is the most annoying thing about it as I gring my ass off to level only to get fucked by the POE rubberband of death.
Last edited by PitBullDogs on Jan 1, 2019, 9:21:56 PM
Ran act 6 Twilight Strand 5 times with all sounds muted/completely to the left, I crashed on 2 of of them with only a few mobs on screen, but no Syndicate spawned on these runs. I Crashed to the Syndicate portal I encountered after leaving this area.

Forums are buggy too it seems. lol
Yeah, trust me I tried damn near everything before hitting the board to see what was going on and the biggest problem is the Syndicate stuff. In Delve, I bet I only crashed maybe 3 or 4 times and that was when in town, you can literally hear the audio start looping in several different towns and once it loops so many times which is causing buffer, it dashboards.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but figured all users experiences would be helpful.

I have never DC issues until Betrayal (I skipped Delve though) and was having frequent problems with Betrayal, specifically when there was a lot of action on the screen. I was getting 2-3 DC per hour.

I was skeptical that a hard reboot of the system would work, but I tried it anyway and have not had a DC in 2-3 days. I noticed some other small changes too since rebooting, almost like some of the cache needed to be cleared out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info