Bonechill Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 6, 2019, 9:50:02 PM
Very interesting support and a good enabler for the reworked Cold DOT skills, passives and affixes. Me likey! A few Q's though

When casting Cold Snap (supported by Bonechill) that has both hit and creates chilled ground, if the hit slows for more than the chilled ground, will this automatically take precedence over the chilled ground in both chill effect and bonechill bonus?

If the hit does take precedence, could it result in the enemy being affected by both the hit chill and being “in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills” enabling both “increased Damage over Time” effects?

Also, does the “Supported Skills have increased Effect of Chill on Enemies” also increase the chill effect of the supported skills chilled ground?
Question regarding the term 'chilling areas'. Does this apply only to arctic breath and cold snap or does it affect vortex as well? I ask this because vortex doesn't create a 'chilled area' similar to cold snap or arctic breath - rather, its the spell itself that causes the chill.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect

Does this mean that an enemy on bonechill linked cold snap chilled ground will take increased cold damage from my non bonechill linked ice spear?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
I have two skills that cause chilled area (Cold Snap & Vortex) and only one of them is supported by the Bonechill support (let's say the Cold Snap).

What if the chilling area of the Vortex is stronger than the chilling area of the Cold Snap? Is the damage bonus from the Bonechill support lost?

There are multiple portions of extra damage:

1)
* "Enemies Chilled by Supported Skills take (10-29)% increased Cold Damage over Time"
* "Enemies Chilled by Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect"

If another chill effect is stronger then this effect is lost, right? Since the enemy is no longer chilled by *this* skill but another one.

2)
* "Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills take (10-29)% increased Cold Damage over Time"
* "Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect"

In my reading this bonus is still applied even if another (stronger) chilling area (let's say Vortex) is created on top of the skill's one.

Are my assumptions correct?

Also +1 for SeekerDK's questions.
Last edited by csisyadam on Dec 31, 2018, 5:11:05 AM
I have a trickster specced heavily for cold spells and crit.
I'm using:
-Freezing Pulse linked to Spell Echo, Hypothermia, Increased Critical Strikes, Power Charge on Crit and Bonechill Support
-Frost Bomb
-Armageddon Brand socketed in Malachai's Artifice for fire damage triggered Elemental Equilibrium.
-Arctic Armour
-CWDT: Frost Wall, Cold Snap
-crafted Trigger Socketed Spell: Frost Bolt, Arctic Breath
-crafted Trigger Socketed Spell: Vortex

Question 1) Could you clarify how the damage increases from bonechill support affect the damage calculation? My assumption is it's as follows:

(base damage + flat added damages)
x ( % increased damages - % reduced damages +
[enemies chilled by supported skill take #% increased cold damage over time] +
[enemies in chilling areas from supported skills take #% increased cold damage over time] )
x (% more damages)
x (% less damages)
x (cold damage over time multiplier)
x on crit (critical damage multipiers)
x (% enemy resistance modifier)
x ( % increased damages taken - % reduced damages taken +
[enemies chilled by supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect] +
[enemies in chilling areas from supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect] )

Question 2) Do abilities pragmatically capable of satisfying the conditions of all four damage increasing clauses; e.g. Vortex; actually have their damage increased by all four clauses?
Or is the support programmed to work using an OR logic, i.e. if the enemy was chilled by the supported skill OR are in a chilling area created by supported skill then the skill's damage over time is increased by #%.

Question 3) Does the chill inflicted by the first hit of an ability; e.g. Freezing pulse; affect the damage of said hit via the [enemies chilled by supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect] clause.

Question 4) Is the [enemies chilled by supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect] effect permenant or does it only last the duration of the chill inflict by the supported skill.

Question 5.1) Do chills stack upto the 30% max or will a target only be affected by strongest applied chill?
e.g. An enemy stood on chilled ground hit for 4% of their max life in cold damage.
Is the enemy now chilled for 22%, 12% or 10%? 22% being the total chill effect the enemy is affected by. 12% being the strongest chill effect the enemy is affected by. 10% being the chronological priority, the enemy having been affected by it prior to being hit for 4% max life.

Question 5.2) What Chill value used by
[enemies chilled by supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect] and
[enemies in chilling areas from supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect]?
The chill value inflicted by the supported skill or skill's area of effect; Or is the chill value used the total chill effect the enemy is currently affected by?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info