Try my hideout calculator tool (A quick overview of what you need to import a hideout)

"
RetroWraith wrote:
Super useful, thanks so much for making it!

What I did to easily get a decorations I own file as to just import the hideout I wanted, then export the hideout it made. While this won't make a file with ALL of the doodads you have, it show all of the ones that a certain hideout needs, so you can easily find what you are missing.

This is the real MVP.. this tip should be listed in the tool.

Liked the too,l, but the thought of making a hideout with every single object in my inventory scared me off. cause I uh.. well.. I have odd amounts of things from old hideouts..

(Such as 500+ of the exiles sitting cradling babies... cause uh.. I have had normal hideouts in the past.. yeah thats it..)
Where are the hideout files located? Trying to upload my hideout to see see whats all in it, but have no idea where to look for the file to upload.
Nice work dude ;)
Amazing stuff! And I have little tip for better calculations. namanix says "What I did to create this file (Tedious) was to just place every decoration I own on the same spot of my hideout."

Problem is that when you place all the decorations you own (one piece of each decoration to cover decor limit, you dont want to place all 130 trees you own) you will end up at "missing pieces" at a final list (hideout needs 12 trees, you got 130 but you placed only 1 into your list so you see you got 11 missing).

So here is a little hint step by step:

1) Lets say you like hideout named "jungle". Import that in and it will import all of your owned / hideout required decorations in, ending up with system message "could not import one or more hideout doodads, hideout template imported successfully"

2) After importing "jungle", hit that export button and name it for example as "jungle_check"

3) Go to namanix's calculation web, place "jungle" to a first box as a hideout you want and "jungle_check" to a second box as a decorations you own.

4) Now you can see the differences in all of the required cost and decorations for that one specific hideout without placing all the decors one by one :-)

Btw huge fan of this project <
Last edited by RafaQQ on Dec 23, 2018, 10:04:19 AM
"
RafaQQ wrote:
Amazing stuff! And I have little tip for better calculations. namanix says "What I did to create this file (Tedious) was to just place every decoration I own on the same spot of my hideout."

Problem is that when you place all the decorations you own (one piece of each decoration to cover decor limit, you dont want to place all 130 trees you own) you will end up at "missing pieces" at a final list (hideout needs 12 trees, you got 130 but you placed only 1 into your list so you see you got 11 missing).

So here is a little hint step by step:

1) Lets say you like hideout named "jungle". Import that in and it will import all of your owned / hideout required decorations in, ending up with system message "could not import one or more hideout doodads, hideout template imported successfully"

2) After importing "jungle", hit that export button and name it for example as "jungle_check"

3) Go to namanix's calculation web, place "jungle" to a first box as a hideout you want and "jungle_check" to a second box as a decorations you own.

4) Now you can see the differences in all of the required cost and decorations for that one specific hideout without placing all the decors one by one :-)

Btw huge fan of this project <

Sorry for the slow response from my side. I've been working on a new project.
https://hideoutshowcase.com
I've actually used your step by step hint on that site :) I hope you'll like it! :)
Seriously...can we get this post stickied?
"
Ramaset wrote:
Seriously...can we get this post stickied?

That would be amazing if we could do that haha. Have you seen my other post of my new hideout project?
Awesome namanix.
Spoiler
Whats the difference between your project and poe.house if I can ask?

Nevermind, this is way better! And thanks for the tutorial, this is way easier now with only 1 file needed for upgrade.

Can you please add link that connect to this forum thread on your website? Since I am adding your hideout showcase website to my bookmarks and I want fast link to this forum thread (or one of your main forums) :-)

You know this POE forum is kinda. bad for searching a specific thread
Last edited by RafaQQ on Dec 24, 2018, 8:46:46 AM
"
RafaQQ wrote:
Awesome namanix.
Spoiler
Whats the difference between your project and poe.house if I can ask?

Nevermind, this is way better! And thanks for the tutorial, this is way easier now with only 1 file needed for upgrade.

Can you please add link that connect to this forum thread on your website? Since I am adding your hideout showcase website to my bookmarks and I want fast link to this forum thread (or one of your main forums) :-)

You know this POE forum is kinda. bad for searching a specific thread

I'm so happy to hear that you're liking my website.
I'll add a link to the forum post to the website in the next update! It'll be there soon :)
Not sure if it's just me and I'm not doing anything different from before but it doesn't seem to be working anymore (?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info