(Betrayal) Difficulty Spike vs Syndicate -- Is this intended?

The Syndicate is tough, yes, but they weren't unbeatable.

At least until now. At first I thought I just needed to 'git gud' or that the build I'm using is just terrible.

Now it seems instead of getting any other type of syndicate mission, Riker Maloney portals in once per map and just kills me. I can fight him for awhile, but his healing per second (there are no totems like with fortresses) is so high that I cannot damage him fast enough to kill him. He teleports away after I get him down and by the time he reappears he has fully healed again. So I can either just let him kill me or fight endlessly spawning mobs until he finally overwhelms me or I am out of flask charges. This has probably happened about twenty times by now.

Had no trouble until now, or with any other content so far. Is this even normal? Does it get to a point where they just ambush you and the other mission types stop appearing? I'm not sure.
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2018, 2:45:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"Bu's Delight" from what I've seen on the forums.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
I'm sorry. I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm rather new to this game.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Yes. I did confirm on my investigation map it is indeed "Bu's Delight" on Riker.

At least I know what is causing it.

So basically I'm not going to get anything else for the syndicate until I figure out some way around this.

Normally I would try to farm around until I get a 'destroy all items' option but he's the only one in the Intervention tree and as I said, I'm getting no syndicate activity /except/ for him popping in and killing me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info