Arctic Breath Traps shotgunning and skipping pierce.

Hello. I recently noticed that I was unable to make my sire of shards arctic breath DoT trapper work, because all of the projectiles exploded instantly under single monsters.

I tested this as extensively as I could, and this bug appears to also ignore pierce. If you have piercing arctic breath traps (regardless of sire of shards), and you throw a trap, it instantly explodes all the projectiles under the trap triggerer anyway.

Behavior appears to be normal if A. you are not trapping, or B. the projectiles experience a frame of travel time before the first hit check.

So, something weird is going on with these projectiles.

To reproduce:
1. Equip Arctic Breath traps into Sire of Shards (Sire not required, but shows the problem better)
2. (Optional: equip as much pierce as you like, the projectiles won't pierce even a single target no matter what you try)
3. Throw a trap under a single monster, making sure it triggers underneath the mob.
4. Tada, all your Arctic Breath projectiles just shotgunned a single target and ignored pierce. (Again, this works regardless of projectile count, but it's worth noting both pierce AND anti-shotgunning code are bugged).
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2018, 8:58:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Oh, additional detail. I tested it out and it appears that the shotgunning effect does not deal extra damage, the further projectiles do no hit damage.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Tested Fork, it causes the first of 5 to projectiles to fork and the other four disappear.
Oh, it's a ground targeted projectile like magma orb. I'll leave this here for other people to learn from my mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info