Consistency in PoE: Game unplayable post patch

But this time it's because the couple tiny Xbox dedicated "server(s)" are at capacity. What's more pathetic is that the queue doesn't update while you're in it. I was at 800, waited 5mins, and thought I was bugged because counterhad not moved, so dropped and requeued, and lost 130 spaces, and then lost another 100 when it dropped me out of queue for no reason 5 mins later. A queue counter that does not update?! SERIOUSLY LOL? I've not seen that since playing UO in 1999. Oh, wait, yeah that client's queue did update, and so has every other game ever since 1999. So all I know now, is that one hour later, I'm somewhere between 1 and 1027 people in queue... And I'm sure once I do get through it, I will not connect to game, because like many of us XB1 players, Game usually kicks me back to load screen at least once when logging in and trying to load Oriath/town... Is GGG ever going to address the near countless number of bugs between client, game and forum? I'd be much happier with fixes than new content atm.

Oh, and I know it says this is a PC account/character postimg this, but that's because you cannot merge Xbox and PC forum accounts, and I can't make an account for my main account which is my XB1, because, like a normal person, I used my standard/main email address. Been waiting on that fix for over a year, and haven't gotten a reply to my email in 3 months.

Last edited by mcavak on Dec 10, 2018, 5:30:51 PM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2018, 7:01:45 PM
[Removed by Support]

P.S I'm in the same boat having no way to merge accounts.... So yeah I also have to double purchase all my cosmetics like 60% of the other Xbox players who came over from PC. For me it's due to controller support....

You would think they would want to help out their customers who are paying double.. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Dec 10, 2018, 6:12:44 PM
Hahaha, I understand your rage all too well, and agree with all of it... I've been in queue for over an hour straight now, and STILL says im 1027. I have no idea if I will connect or not and have no way to gauge if it'll be closer to 10 mins or 10 hours... and honestly i'm leaning towards the latter. And I guarantee I'll have to queue up allll over again, because my first log in always loads... RIGHT BACK TO LOGIN SCREEN!

I just cannot understand why most of the bugs and problems with this game, at least on XB1, have not been fixed or even addressed. It would take one, mildly competent employee a day to fix a handful.

We all need to band together and refuse to spend another gdamn dollar in microtransactions and/or boycott the game until many of these atrocious bugs are addressed, let alone fixed. It's the only thing that'll wake them up, when their revenue starts slipping. Freakin typical, almost stereotypical; small indy studio with a couple neckbeard devs that just don't want to do anything that doesn't earn them more $. How many times have you heard that rant about other games/studios? Because I know I have dozens of time (thanks to Steams awful policies haha). I really hope that doesn't describe GGG ...but at this point I can't make myself believe in fairy tales anymore
Last edited by mcavak on Dec 10, 2018, 5:43:56 PM
Hello,

The server administrators are investigating issues currently affecting both the PC and Xbox login servers. Please bear with us as we work through this.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

The server administrators are investigating issues currently affecting both the PC and Xbox login servers. Please bear with us as we work through this.

Kind of hard to bear with when we see the same copy and pasted reply every single patch... It really is disheartening and makes a lot of us feel like shit... Can you just PLEASE explain to me why/how a static instead of live counter is an issue? Because that is NOT a technical difficulty or malfunction. That is lazy coding a 6th grader could do, or fix, in minutes. Hell, I'll be supremely happy to write it, right now, if you'll use it...

Can you just PLEASE respond like a human being and explain to me why the queue counter is fixed/static?... Of course not. He copy and pasted that, made sure reply notif wasn't checked, and moved on to Ctrl C + V that BS generic response in other people's threads... I want to be wrong about GGG just once... Just once I'd like to be happy, and impressed, instead of feeling like a pos this company doesn't care about unless they know you've thrown hundreds of $ at them.
Last edited by mcavak on Dec 10, 2018, 5:47:37 PM
You told people to relog if* their counter was static, I did, and mine is still static but just less people... Come on, this is just... wrong.
Last edited by mcavak on Dec 10, 2018, 5:57:45 PM
Mcvavak, please PM me your gamertag so I can discuss further with the server admins.

Have you tried power cycling your console as well?
I got in when i was away from console, but thank you, sincerely, for responding... I would like to help GGG,dont care how, really, ...but would like to improve sour peoples's (like me hah) perceptions/feelings given their frustration with bugs or seeming lack of contact and/ or contribute via bug testing/ reports or something technical. Honestly, anything. Any ideas or resources you could provide? Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info