In Game Trade Shop ?--- Devs?

So when are we getting an in game Trade Shop? There is a ton of games out there that have this...
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 10:00:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Have you already read the Trade Manfiesto?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on Dec 10, 2018, 10:35:09 AM
The Trade Manifesto is a heaping pile of garbage.

They keep introducing content that you can't leave to complete trades, and there are a lot of points in content where leaving to complete a trade leaves you with less portals to complete things.

While this may not sound like a big deal, but say I'm running a Vaults of Atziri, or a Monstrous Treasure Prophecy, or a Breach. Sure, You *CAN* leave those to complete a trade, but they aren't the best use of resources for YOU.

I don't want an Auction House, but I don't see why they couldn't have given us a master that lets you set up a "Shop" in your Hideout that allows people to port in, and purchase things that they've found, so that I don't lose out on being able to trade because I... you know, want to actually PLAY the game. The current system penalizes players who want to be able to trade what they find, but actually want to continue to play the game.

It also leaves large holes in the ability to gear characters / trade decent gear, because you don't want to bother trading things that aren't worth your time to leave a portal.

I used to list and sell plenty of 5L's, and decent "intro to map" level gear, because when I came back, I was poor. But as I climbed through maps, it became more important to be able to complete maps timely, and leave open ports to take my haul out than the cheap gear was worth in time.

Now, that stuff just sits in my stash. maybe I'll try and craft it later on. Maybe I'll eventually vendor it. I don't know. It's just frustrating that in a game where "Crafting" and rares are a Serious Crap Shoot, it's made more difficult because of the time that it takes to actually go and trade gear.

Plus, with the mess that is Standard in the wake of 3.5, it feels like GGG doesn't care much about Standard, so the effects of this on the game wouldn't be felt too much, as leagues reset every three months.
I am genuinely curious as to why an auction house would be a bad idea? Essentially the online trade system is an auction house with set pricing and no automatic buy it now interface...
Whenever these threads come about, its always the folks who don't realize why.

It's inconvenient to help manage the economy - when a game is constantly generating items and currency, something not being worth the time alleviates some of the flooding.

Is it worth leaving that fight to conduct a trade? No? Well then someone else gets the potential opportunity to make a sale because you were unavailable.

There's a reason why bind on equip, bind on pickup, bind to account is a thing.
Yep, totally over league play.
So, your solution is just to continue to make sure that people who want to actually go play the game can't trade?

Sorry, that's a garbage reason to continue a system that works in favor of scripts and automation.

I'm fairly confident that one of the biggest orb traders in Standard is some form of bot.

Online all the time. Always level 42. Always trading orbs without any words spoken in chat. no response to questions, no response to PM's. No chance to deviate from the amount of orbs requested in the original PM.

I know, because I've tried.

I'd love to be able to prove that they are a bot, and get that nonsense out of the game.

EDIT:
And for the record, I'd sell my soul for a binding option if it allowed you to get rid of some of the garbage that rolls on items. I hate trading, but at some point, it becomes the only manageable method to improve your gear.

Give me a bind to character option that costs a fair amount of orbs, but allows me to roll mods that I actually want, and I'd be all over it.
Last edited by shoju on Dec 10, 2018, 4:20:29 PM
if you design a game or make changes to it, your first priority is to make the grand scheme of things work.

satisfying individual player's needs to finish the game (get overpowered) faster definitely comes last.

second, a game is a series of decisions enforced on the player. the option to sacrifice ingame progress for being able to trade is part of that.

---

those trading scripts are annoyingly effective. but there is no way of disallowing them cause you can't control that without taking over the client's pc, a war which ggg rightfully never started.

if you think some trader is botting, drop a mail to support@grindinggear.com
A simple Global Auction house set up is all I was thinking about. Buy things instantly, the seller would get a notification to pick up his currency at the auction house. This would allow for more game time instead of searching through forums or poe trade or reading the trade channel or even asking for something in the poe trade channel. And yes have a master(Auction House) at your hideout.

Only problem with this is the auction house cut if there would be one or not???

A shop at your hideout? How would we see what you have for sale? How would we get invited into your hideout? Not really plausible.
Last edited by Sinfulslice on Dec 10, 2018, 10:40:36 PM
"
shoju wrote:
The Trade Manifesto is a heaping pile of garbage.

Yaaaaaaay!!! Someone else who read the trade manifesto with his brain switched to the on position. I also think the trade manifesto is a "heaping pile of garbage".

Now, be ready to be assaulted by the anti-auto-trade brigade. I suspect they are mostly snipers trying to protect their market. Which the current system does very well - people running content can't snipe sales as quickly as a player acting as a dedicated merchant. The trade manifesto claims this hindered trading balances, though I believe the opposite to be true.

A shopfront in the hideout is a reasonable suggestion - which the anti-auto-trading brigade will oppose for the same old reasons that they are unwilling to put to the test. They say people don't want it, it will kill the game and if you don't understand you are stupid. Yet, they also oppose a separate void league where us stupid people who know nothing can go play in a properly trade enabled environment without impacting them in any way.

The shopfront would have to be set up to ensure entering the shopfront doesn't give people access to any other part of the hideout and don't need an invite. In the past, scammers have entered the maps of people buying perandus coin to buy the perandus items themselves. This is something that could easily be prevented with an automated trading system, as could most other scams, but the trade manifesto conveniently ignores this.

Just like it ignores other dishonest behaviours that could be curtailed by automated trading, such as:
- seller listing at one price and then trying to re-negotiate a higher price when a buyer makes contact
- sellers putting a similar but less desirable item in the trade window - such as a level 1 version of the level 20, quality 20 gem you wanted to buy.

It also prevents honest mistakes. Like a seller accidentally putting the wrong item in or a buyer accidentally putting the wrong currency in.

The shopfront could also be used to automatically limit sales/bind items on sale to prevent the type of monopolising that the trade manifesto claims it is trying to prevent. So, for example, if maps were tagged as "not to be relisted for 3 weeks", the average buyer, buying them for personal use would not be impacted. They could still give them to a party member to use in a map device. Someone buying them to flip would find it a nuisance having to hold on to inventory for weeks on end. There are many options using automation to prevent the stuff the trade manifesto says it "is trying" to prevent.

The existing trade system is not only cumbersome and drudgery laden. It is a system that supports scamming and monopolisation. A system designed for liars, scammers and cheats. Automation can change this.

Last edited by aphfid on Dec 10, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
"
Sinfulslice wrote:
A simple Global Auction house set up is all I was thinking about. Buy things instantly, the seller would get a notification to pick up his currency at the auction house..

yes, you would think it would be a no-brainer.

stressing that it uses in-game currency. some games "auction houses" use real life currency and that basically makes them pay to win. and most players seem to not like it - as happened in diablo 3. (just pre-empty the nay-sayers who will say "d3 is proof that players don't want auction houses", when it is more likely to be proof that players don't like pay to win setups.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info