Raise your hand if......

hi guys as the title says

raise your hand if your an xbox player who still wants to play POE on the console!?

i want to see just how many people are here and active that actually give a damn about the console version! this will hopefully show GGG that we all do care and want some sort of dev team in charge of the xbox side of things and some communication as it seems by looking at alot of posts and replies that they dont really care or have any public interaction with console players or just seem to think a "port" is acceptable!

my hand is raised!
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2019, 10:38:24 PM
Well, I am pretty sure we dont have to raise our hands since GGG can see how many people are playing PoE on Xbox and especially how many people buying stuff on the Xbox Store (which is more important).

And to be honest, I cant understand why people are mad because of the console version. Yes, the performance was pretty underwhelming at the start of the last two seasons, the Marketplace is a pain in the *ss (because of how people acting there) and the point that you cant link your Xbox Account with your PoE Account on the website is a sad storyy but beside that? PoE works pretty well on console (after the 4th week in every season), we get every bug- and hotfix and even the prices between PC and console are the same.

So what am I missing? Even with all of those problems, PoE is still one of my favorite games on console.
yes i hear you the game is very playable but theres also some things very broken

trade system including no search filter etc

from what im reading in the forums the lack of support from the devs/feedback is not good

controls need a brush up and its not very noob friendly so how can you expect noob players or players from pc to come to the console version instead.

what might work great for you might not work great for others and it seems its looking towards the not working great for others but on the other hand like i stated at the top, the game is very playable and GGG have done a great job at porting it but it does need alot of fixing and touch ups.

i hope they listen to their xbox community and implement some fixes/changes as not everyone see's it as playable

i for one was putting this up cause yes they can see how many players they have or how many players are spending on microtransactions (not sure what that has to do with anything i said) but if not many people who play xbox are active on the forums then maybe its a reason why theres not much communication between them and the xbox community.

im trying to establish why as if you look at most the posts and some of the replies alot of them are about GGG not being clear when it comes to XBOX and some of the issues etc
Yeah, the not linking your account is a small inconvenience.

But mind you, you could not do that with Diablo 3 either.
Had to use a Third party and copy all your stats on to it from an either what you wrote down or took pictures of.

As to the prices coming down to PC prices or balancing out. Nope never seen it happen. Even at 2 weeks near the end of Delve people were not selling off their items. They keep it then go to Standard where they are a dime a dozen now and worthless.

I am currently playing on PC and was going to start Xbox tonight. I play SSF now to force me to learn the game, as to improve my own gear and learn to craft.

I added Joy to Key to PC so I can use the Xbox controller but the funny thing is as I did that I found a comfortable key and mouse positions for me. So I have been getting better at the Keyboard and Mouse on PC.

Folks always seem to find the bugs or have problems way more then I do. But there is always a hotfix later. Not sure what the issue is as all games have bugs and fixes 1 week or 2 or 3 or sometimes 4 or every week after launch. It is the industry, and NO GAME will EVER be Perfect on launch.

With this all being said, I will be on Xbox tonight playing the game. I will continue playing the game on Xbox as well as PC once I get use to the Keyboard and Mouse more. Will I drop one for the other entirely, I am not sure yet.

"
IRubberDucky wrote:
or how many players are spending on microtransactions (not sure what that has to do with anything i said)

Development costs money. Once they wont get any money for developing the Xbox Version, they wont have any reason to spend more (or any) ressources in it. Even when they have more players on Xbox as on PC, it wont be a positive thing as long as they arent selling support packs on the Xbox Store.

I dont have any numbers or stats About it but I dont think they are getting a lot of money for the microtransactions on Xbox One, which could be the reason why they are primary focussed on the PC Version.

"
IRubberDucky wrote:
and some of the replies alot of them are about GGG not being clear when it comes to XBOX and some of the issues etc

But to be fair, GGG mentions the official Xbox release dates since Delve. They havent done it before but after a lot of people complained about that fact, they included it in their news messages. Having a separately thread in the Xbox Forums would be nice but at least they listened a bit to our complaints.
"
IRubberDucky wrote:
yes i hear you the game is very playable but theres also some things very broken

trade system including no search filter etc

from what im reading in the forums the lack of support from the devs/feedback is not good

controls need a brush up and its not very noob friendly so how can you expect noob players or players from pc to come to the console version instead.

what might work great for you might not work great for others and it seems its looking towards the not working great for others but on the other hand like i stated at the top, the game is very playable and GGG have done a great job at porting it but it does need alot of fixing and touch ups.

Not sure what you are talking about on the trade feature not having a search function. There is one in the game.
Mind you it is not the best or user-friendly but you can still search for items on there.

As to the Lack of Support and Communication on the Forums from the Devs yeah not sure what has happened, on their end. It could be a couple of reasons but I am only guessing so do not want to really say.

As to builds, most all builds work with the controller on Xbox. There are some though that are very button-heavy and use all the buttons to get things to work. Others are very Aura and Curse heavy and you do not have all the buttons to apply them all, so you have to unbind and bind and use and then do it all over again. I just stay away from those builds.

But I have played Melee, Casters, Totems, and Bows and did not have a problem with the builds I played.

"
xPeleusx wrote:

Not sure what you are talking about on the trade feature not having a search function. There is one in the game.
Mind you it is not the best or user-friendly but you can still search for items on there.

i was on about the lack of filter in the search feature

as for the builds i wasnt so much on about them i was more on about controls in the sense alot of them clash like trying to activate the portal but a player standing on said portal make you activate a trade :D:D:D

but yeah this thread was to raise hands to see how many people was active on xbox on the forums to see if we could get some sort of petition or notice out for GGG to see what we are saying that we just need some xbox fixes aswell as these ports they do if you get me... thats all
"
Sencja wrote:

Development costs money. Once they wont get any money for developing the Xbox Version, they wont have any reason to spend more (or any) ressources in it. Even when they have more players on Xbox as on PC, it wont be a positive thing as long as they arent selling support packs on the Xbox Store.

i know it does but i did not mention MTX or anything if you read.... trust me i come from a developers background so i know how it all works and know how much hard work it can be....like i said i just want to see actually how many people who play xbox are active in the forums and who care about the game to get the devs attention.
The main flaw with wanting us to raise our hands about being Xbox players, is that most console players do not log into this site. They have little to no reason to make another account to long into a place that may or may not have worthwhile communication with its playerbase.

I myself have spent over $500 of PoE supporting it, all while hoping we could get clarification and communication on things and not be an after thought. I'm not here to ask for special treatment just that same treatment that our PC brethren get. I do not regret spending a single penny on my favorite genre of gaming in hopes that it can grow and evolve with us.

The content produced is fantastic and the teams are doing a great job on most fronts (Excluding: communication, UI designs, and feature requests specifically towards console). Hopefully with thew PS4 launch just on the horizon things will pick up for us also.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Sencja wrote:
Well, I am pretty sure we dont have to raise our hands since GGG can see how many people are playing PoE on Xbox and especially how many people buying stuff on the Xbox Store (which is more important).

And to be honest, I cant understand why people are mad because of the console version. Yes, the performance was pretty underwhelming at the start of the last two seasons, the Marketplace is a pain in the *ss (because of how people acting there) and the point that you cant link your Xbox Account with your PoE Account on the website is a sad storyy but beside that? PoE works pretty well on console (after the 4th week in every season), we get every bug- and hotfix and even the prices between PC and console are the same.

So what am I missing? Even with all of those problems, PoE is still one of my favorite games on console.

I agree, I have been playing since day 1 on Xbox and haven't been able to put it down. Came from Diablo 3 back on Xbox 360, then to Xbox One and got bored and wanted to try something new. I love this version, have played the PC version just prefer to sit in front of my TV on my couch and be more comfortable. I agree with everyone's gripes in all the threads on this forum, a lot of them are just QOL changes and many are game breaking. It's been a slow process for the developers to make changes, and we have proved they are listening. This is all new territory for them and i'm sure they are learning as they go, and they have a chain of command or steps they have to follow (as i'm also sure they have a policy on what and when to respond here on the forums). I've made multiple characters, amassed a huge amount of currency, and crafted a few mirror worthy items and loved every second of it. The trade board doesn't scare me in the slightest, it adds to the challenge of the game overall. I think they deserve some credit in the community for everything they have done, the game isn't unplayable by any means and its free, this game has a ton of content for a free game. You have the right to choose if you want to buy your QOL tabs and such, but you don't have to just to beat the game. The game has been out for a little over a year now and we have seen a few leagues come and go, some better than others but I feel confident they are working hard on the console even if we don't know about it up front on the forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info