Why did the masters betray us?

It's almost like we're playing BETRAYAL league or shit.

The Masters betrayed us because they found a better deal, which is sort of what happens on a continent full of corruption, vice, madness and death. Heh, it's one of the heavier story beats for this game, watching NPCs we've carped about and figured out guides to speed-help suddenly turn into powerful enemies. I'm honestly digging it, and I'm curious to see how it progresses.

Also, let's look on the bright side, everybody - we'll never have to do another FUCKING Vorici mission again. NEVER AGAIN! HUZZAH!
Last edited by 1453R on Dec 10, 2018, 1:17:25 PM
I saved Hakus ass so many times and now he attacks me...

RIP
I would like to know too. There's just no information whatsoever...
First point I'd like to make it, how are these masters betraying your character? You started as a brand new exile this league, they should have no knowledge about this new exile as it is a completely new person in Wraeclast.

Second lets say they could somehow make out your brand new reincarnated exile, and realize it was their old pal from the last league, whose to say you aren't the one betraying them? After all you have worked with them for quite some time now, and all of a sudden you meet some random stranger who asks you to help kill them without much explanation, and you don't even ask them their side of the story. No one else in Wraeclast seems to have an issue with what they are doing besides Jun, maybe she is the bad one and has manipulated you into turning on your friends.
Honestly?

I like not knowing.

The dialogue that plays between this lot and Jun, the things some of them say, the way this is all thrown at you cold and left to you to pick up the pieces - it really cranks up the immersion for me to not have all the knowledge. I'm trying to figure out what the flimmety-flam frogfuck the Immortal Syndicate is doing just as much as Jun or my character is, we're all trying to sort out what the hell is happening here, and it's got me invested in a way I haven't really been in any league since Abyss. And back then, I just really liked Abyss (and also got stupid lucky with drops so could afford to actually play Abyss).

I'm really hoping this keeps up, they managed to do the nigh impossible in an ARPG like this and make the whole Immortal Syndicate thing feel like I'm really going to war with these people. I imagine conversations they have in their secret (for now!) hideouts, commiserating over That One Bitch and her godawful lightning bolts and plotting how to avoid the dungeons next time. I've never done that before for any other league, and I'm digging it.

Instead of carping about not knowing everything, mebbe just try and enjoy the ride.
Because they got what they needed. All those missions for them had a purpose; and it wasn't for you to get stronger. It was planned from the start.
I’m thinking it had something to do with those terrible daily missions.
So, here's the deal.

You come to Wraeclast with nothing.

You meet these Masters who have pity on you and begin to help you out.

They watch as you grow in power, thanks to their training.

Eventually you begin taking out gods and such.

All the while you keep coming back to them for more of their services, as if they *owe* you something.

Afterall, they are the ones who made you who you are.

Without them, you would still be stuck on a shore somewhere in your loincloth whiffing at zombies with a club and still using a level 1 spells/skills.

And what thanks to they get?

Nothing.

Do you give them a share of your loot?

Nope.

How about their own hideout?

Nope.

They get to rot in your hideout playing housekeeper while you are off thinking you are untouchable.

For that, you will pay exile.
Last edited by Mattock on Dec 10, 2018, 10:20:44 PM
"
1453R wrote:
Honestly?

I like not knowing.

The dialogue that plays between this lot and Jun, the things some of them say, the way this is all thrown at you cold and left to you to pick up the pieces - it really cranks up the immersion for me to not have all the knowledge. I'm trying to figure out what the flimmety-flam frogfuck the Immortal Syndicate is doing just as much as Jun or my character is, we're all trying to sort out what the hell is happening here, and it's got me invested in a way I haven't really been in any league since Abyss. And back then, I just really liked Abyss (and also got stupid lucky with drops so could afford to actually play Abyss).

I'm really hoping this keeps up, they managed to do the nigh impossible in an ARPG like this and make the whole Immortal Syndicate thing feel like I'm really going to war with these people. I imagine conversations they have in their secret (for now!) hideouts, commiserating over That One Bitch and her godawful lightning bolts and plotting how to avoid the dungeons next time. I've never done that before for any other league, and I'm digging it.

Instead of carping about not knowing everything, mebbe just try and enjoy the ride.

I agree with this, but there does have to be payoff. Piecing together the plot is great... as long as you do eventually get all the pieces, and can put them together. Being left in the dark forever is the opposite of fun.
From what I understood, Catarina killed them and resurrected, if you mean the original ones.
They are all slave super zombies.

You can execute them over and over and over and they will get resurrected anyways.

Jun mentioned that "exceptional exiles went missing" and she needs our help to find them.

Hillock is a fine example. One moment he is a corpse, the next one... he is alive and well.

Tho i wonder why this league is called "Betrayal", is it because Catarina ditched us? Technically we do not know of the original masters anyways, we are a fresh exile.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Dec 11, 2018, 3:48:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info